thursday poll – edition 135

Post image for thursday poll – edition 135

good morning! it’s time for a lookbook poll – our may lookbook is all about movement, shown through light, flowing skirts and dresses perfect for summer nights dancing under the stars. i love how expressive model alina baikova is in these photos! which one is your favorite?

look one:

look eight:
free-people-may-lookbook-8

look nine:
free-people-may-lookbook-9

look ten:
free-people-may-lookbook-10
click on each image to see items in the outfit.

to read about the makeup for this shoot, click here!

Comments

marianne -May 19, 2011, 11:05AM

That was a difficult choice because she is so stunning! XOXO

Christine -May 19, 2011, 1:38PM

I LOVE Free People but, your models are way to skinny.

mark jenson -May 19, 2011, 1:42PM

i like the look the model is giving in number 8. its a kind of ‘come hither stare’ as if shes saying.. “come close, i have a secret, but i forget what it is.”

Lucy -May 19, 2011, 1:50PM

She is scary thin! Since most of the women buying your clothes aren’t close to being that tiny, showing these looks on a model with a more average build would be helpful for those of us who want to know what the clothes will look like on us!

jd -May 19, 2011, 2:06PM

I would agree with the comments about the models being too abnormally skinny. that’s not us, your audience.

fp julia -May 19, 2011, 2:07PM

lucy – i totally agree that its nice to see clothes on “regular girls”, which is why we regularly feature stuff like that here on the blog!check out this post- http://blog.freepeople.com/2011/05/houston-galleria-lookbook/ but we use professional models in our web studio and alina just happens to be naturally quite thin, but she’s an amazing model!

Taylor -May 19, 2011, 5:05PM

yes, she is thin, but some people just are. —just as some people are bigger boned and heavier set. In my opinion, models shouldn’t be criticized for being skinny, just like how heavier set people shouldn’t be criticized for how they look. My only concern is if a model is too thin to be healthy. Free People isn’t just showing models that are a size 0. ~As Julia mentioned earlier, she posted the Houston store look book. She also posts from people’s pics on Facebook as well as Employee pictures. Let’s focus on the beauty of the garments and the hard work that has gone into creating such lovely pieces of art. This is merely a way to display them. :)

Guest4 -June 11, 2011, 9:50PM

I voted for 3 because it seems real fun and upbeat for the summer. But, I think I should have voted for nine because I like to feel a little more covered on top. If I wear something that’s too showy or really flashy, I find myself pulling and yanking at the top all day and it drives me crzzy. But both styles are nice but 9 just has that lo-key down to earth appeal minus the mother sweater look. I think I would, however, I would wear one color bottoms in red, or pink just to make the outfit a bit more busy, fast paced city like. Or, I think I would wear a pair of jean bottoms in green and maybe summer red or skirt to make the style more romantic and passionate(full of love) to express my love of quiet peaceful summer nights in great fashoins..

Guest4 -June 11, 2011, 9:57PM

Oh, yea, I’m trying to work on that when I see models or people who are very skinny. I think the model looks very good in these photos. I wouldn’t think that she’s being too distractive or anything. I wouldn’t know what size to purchase but I still believe she looks incredible visually in the clothes. I don’t think her skinness influences my decisions to buy the clothes. For me, it’s more so how the picture is taken and if it looks visually well displayed,styled, and photographed.

Jacqueline -October 31, 2011, 6:18PM

OH MY GOD!!! They are VERY skinny! :O im choked!