SHOP FREE PEOPLE

Weekly updates from BLDG 25

friday hair tip!

Post image for friday hair tip!

this adorable fabric headband caught my eye yesterday…and our buyer who is wearing it had a great idea! you can make these with old free people bags :) i know i, for one, have about ten of them lying around so i decided to try it out!

free-people-diy-headband

free-people-diy-headband

free-people-diy-headband

i cut a strip of fabric from the bag length-wise, so that i would have a longer piece of fabric. then i just folded it over a couple of times and wrapped it around my head like a turban! if you’re not sure how to do that – we’ve got a tutorial you should check out here :)

free-people-diy-headband

voila! perfect for a hot summer day, at the beach, for yoga or just anytime you need to keep your hair out of your face!

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

Taylor -June 24, 2011, 2:59PM

I’m going to try this! :)
Julia~ I love that sweater by the way…I think I must have tried it on 5 times in the store!

dallas -June 24, 2011, 3:30PM

LOVE-love-love this!! i’ve done so many things with my free people bags… so cute if you stitch over the print with bright thread to add a little extra color and texture :)

fp julia -June 24, 2011, 5:08PM

thanks taylor! it’s one of my faves :)

Catherine -June 24, 2011, 5:34PM

also loveeeee the sweater, which one is it?/available on website at all :)
Also such a clever recycled idea, definetly inspired me to hunt through all my old bags and fabrics which will now have a new lease of life as headbands ha!
from a newbie free people uk fan! xx

BohoQueen -June 24, 2011, 8:51PM

Oh my gosh! I was in my FP where I live, and one of the sweet employees told me about this! I totally forgot that I was going to try it soon! Thanks for reminding me! ;) xoxo

alyssa -June 24, 2011, 9:58PM

centered v- pullover… i LLLOOOVEEE IT. also- totally heart finding new and innovative ways to re-use those adorable fp shopping bags!

Taylor -June 24, 2011, 11:23PM

The centered pullover isn’t available anymore…I was upset when it went out of stock. I think it’s my favorite FP item.

Kb -June 28, 2011, 12:41AM

How long was the fabric you used? I’m having issues making it into a turban.

Anna -December 9, 2011, 12:39PM

super super simple. yet very stylish. I think, based on the fabric you used, it’s much better to use printed or colorful fabrics.