August Catalog Video by Guy Aroch

Guy Aroch has done it again. His genius is clearly not limited to photography – his video to accompany our August catalog, shot in Venice featuring models Marloes Horst and Darla Baker, is breathtaking. It tells the story of two girls on a globetrotting adventure, exploring the streets and canals of Venice armed with maps and cameras. They go site-seeing and dine on spaghetti and gelato, meet a handsome Italian and don carnival masks and evening gowns for nights out on the town. As one of our readers stated last week and I couldn’t have said better, it seems like Guy Aroch just happened to be there and spontaneously decided to capture the moment on film.

Free People – August in Venice from FreePeople on Vimeo.

view the entire august catalog.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

shea -August 1, 2011, 3:34PM

I just got my august catalogue in the mail and I am in love with it! the photography, the clothes, the location… I want it all. this video, not unlike the catalogue, is of course breathtaking. if only my budget allowed for more free people in my closet

Kasia -August 1, 2011, 4:32PM

Who is the guy in the movie? He’s totally cute!

Tiffany -August 1, 2011, 4:38PM

Love the video!

XOOX,

alyssa -August 1, 2011, 8:46PM

i am IN LOVE. this catalog is enchanting, i’m definitely looking to this as inspiration when i go to europe this fall!

<3. http://www.alyssarude.tumblr.com

BohoQueen -August 2, 2011, 1:49AM

This is an amazing video! The last part of the paragraph is said wonderfully! I’m going to Italy next summer, and like Alyssa said, I will definitely look to this as inspiration for my trip! Another amazing catalog, FP! xoxo

Ashleigh -August 2, 2011, 2:05AM

Beautiful video, & an even MORE beautiful collection.
I love this month’s catalog so muchhh

I don’t mean to be a downer, but the concept is a little scary –
haven’t you seen Taken??
It’s suuuuper dangerous to do that sort of thing {run off with hot locals} especially in foreign countries :{

ozpunk -August 2, 2011, 4:38AM

i agree with the first comment, its not a safe thing to promote running off with foreign strangers just like that taken movie…(great movie if you haven’t seen it)… yes that reminded me of that too…scary!!!!….great video besides all that, great shots although not enough of the actual clothing, its too brief.

Ruby -August 2, 2011, 10:02AM

So beautiful. Makes me want to travel…maybe someday.

Alex -August 2, 2011, 10:44AM

I was just there back in March and this film really brings back all the vivid scenery that comes along with walking around in Venice. Beautiful.

Jennifer -August 2, 2011, 11:47AM

Love this video! who plays this song?

martha -August 2, 2011, 11:58AM

I’ve recently visited Venice… it’s just breathtakingly beautiful !! I absolutely adore the shoot, styling and models for this one !!

Taylor -August 2, 2011, 1:35PM

This is one of those videos i would watch over and over. very cute, and the story is very apparent. I just feel bad for the brunette…haha being the third wheel! ;) Lovely things and I love the filter used to film this! ~It looks so dreamy!

SWELL -August 2, 2011, 3:55PM

Glad everyone is loving the video! The song is by Tony Castles. Check out more videos edited by SWELL at http://vimeo.com/swellny

xx
Liz from SWELL

serena -August 3, 2011, 9:30PM

i’m the reader who said that! thanks for the shout-out.
what an enchanting video! this collection has to be one of my favorites already.

Calli -August 4, 2011, 3:51PM

I just adore this video. So gorgeous