Fashion’s Night Out: Meet Singer/Songwriter Jeremy Current!

Post image for Fashion’s Night Out: Meet Singer/Songwriter Jeremy Current!

Yesterday I told you about one of the band’s performing at our Fashion’s Night Out events, and now meet singer/songwriter Jeremy Current!

Where were you when you wrote your first song? What was it about?

Isn’t everyone’s first song a cheesy love song about a girl that they knew in school? My cheesy love song included a chorus, “without you I find my heart has a you-shaped hole.” And I wrote it in my bedroom in high school.

If your music was a place, where would it be?

If I was gonna take a trip, pack my bags and end up at my music, I would hope to end up on the Oregon Trail of life. With pain and heartache and struggle and my Aunt Janine dying of influenza.

Is there a certain song you’re most proud of?

The song I’m most proud of is the one I finished today. Not actually today today but, in general, the song that I just finished is always my favorite. There’s something about a song that you just finished writing that every word means something to you and every chord change sounds fresh and exciting. Plus the anticipation of sharing it with new people makes it stand out. The most recent song I’ve written is “Falling.”

What artists have had the greatest influence on you musically?

The artists that have had the greatest impact on me are Chap Ambrose, Ryan Jahn and Josh Goleman. When I first gave Chap a full page of fiction I had just written and was testing my hand as a writer, I asked him to read this and tell me if he wanted to read more after the first page. He read it for about two minutes and then handed it back to me and said “no.” Ryan and I have always had a relationship that if you want something, you build it. And if it’s against the rules, who cares. There’s no boundaries and he always reminds me not to be contained by anything. Josh and I, when I moved to New York for the first time in 2007, were playing guitar together and after a brief solo of mine while he was trying to play a song, he stopped playing and looked at me and said, “Man, you are awful.” I respond well to negative criticism. Well, quickly. I respond quickly.

Do fashion and style influence your sound?

The way in which fashion and style influence my sound and music comes most directly through the inspiration of the female form. It’s impossible for me to be walking down the street and see a beautiful woman and see her wonderful “style” and not be inspired to “go and write a song about it.” That makes me sound like a pig. But a pig’s gotta eat.

What sort of music do you listen to? What’s on your ipod right now?

Have you heard the new Feist single? That sounds amazing. I hate to love Katy Perry. And I have alternative country for miles. Wilco, Ryan Adams, Neil Young, Buddy Miller…

Tell me something most people don’t know about you.

I’ll tell you something no one knows about me. I’m naked in a hot tub in Boone, NC right now. And I’m drinking a Bud Light Lime. That’s top secret.

Check out some of Jeremy’s tunes on his myspace page and don’t miss his LIVE performance tomorrow night at 8PM at our Soho Store as part of our Fashion’s Night Out celebration!

Photo credit: Josh Goleman

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Emily -September 8, 2011, 12:04AM

OH MY GOD GO BOONE WOOO

Jeremy Current -September 8, 2011, 12:43PM

That’s right. Boone is amazing.

brooke -September 8, 2011, 8:47PM

Oh heyy, it’s awesome to see some Charlotte-area love on here. I met Jeremy at a friend’s party a few years back…he’s a very talented fella! Good score, FP blog!

Anonymous -October 26, 2011, 5:16AM

christian laboutin
christian louboutin boots
christian louboutin sale
christian louboutin shoes
christian louboutin online
christian louboutin mens
cheap Christian Louboutin sneakers
discount christian louboutin mens
Discount Louboutin Boots
christian louboutin knockoffs
. It is a fun and convenient way for wine lovers of all kinds to experience the world of wine. Wine clubs also cater for those looking to either develop their knowledge of fine wines or those that want to enjoy sampling a range of wines from around the globe.

With the popularity of wine clubs increasing, wine clubs of different types have come up – from subscription wine clubs offering a variety of membership schemes to social, discount and free wine clubs. Subscription wine clubs are the most professional of all, with experts on board making available the best of wines to their members Other About christian laboutin blog About loginchristianlouboutin.com blog

Anonymous -November 19, 2011, 4:27AM
Anonymous -November 19, 2011, 5:02AM
Anonymous -December 14, 2011, 4:05PM
Anonymous -December 17, 2011, 9:36PM
Anonymous -December 17, 2011, 9:37PM

buy moncler moncler outletA mountain bike is particularly designed for the purpose of riding concerning uneven not to mention bumpy regions. Most hill bikes have fat knobby from the, which ensure that extra the traction and appropriate shock absorption. A extensive front not to mention rear suspension has become more common in the recent types of bikes directed at run at mountainous surface types. moncler online

Modern motorcyclist are less fond of handlebars and even extensions nonetheless some mountain bikes under this specific variety are offered with close bars on the handlebars. Wheels from mountain bikes range from 26 towards 29 size. The more robust wheels need better in business capabilities not to mention helps through rotational body weight thereby building slower speed aptly feasible. Moncler Jackets

The best Varieties Of Mountain Motorcycles

Enduro Mountain Bikes
The weight from Enduros vary between 31 to thirty-five pounds. These bikes have greater suspension travel and leisure, say regarding 150mm from front not to mention rear travel and leisure. They are generally perfectly designed as a way to ride typically the rough terrains in no time and satisfaction on the part of the driver.

Downhill Mountain Sport bikes
These sport bikes provide 8 or more inches with suspension moving around. Moncler VestThe bodies of these bikes weighing less, which make them further apt for the purpose of racing. Downhill mountain bicycles currently have tough construction and as they contain provisions enjoy large, high gears, they are aptly suited for riding down out-and-out down hill trails not to mention racecourses.

Most downhill riding necessitates high-speed movement for which these bikes are provided with a particular chain wedding ring, a large bush guard along with a chain manual. Moncler Himalaya Down Jacket in Gray MC14045In matter, Downhill Mountain biking is the most popular form associated with competition riding.

Dirt Jumping Dirt bike

Dirt swinging bikes come in two styles, Urban as well as Street Mountain bikes. These bikes are actually variable products of litigation bikes prefer, BMX bike and freeride dirt bike. This specific bike variety is very strong as well as possesses 0 to help you 4 long of front side suspension. Buy Cheap Moncler JacketsThey are mostly with no rear suspension and also fast-rolling, slick and semi-slick added wheels

Some other significant dirt bike forms can include Cross-Country Mountain / hill Bikes, Freeride Mountain Bikes, Trials Mountain Sport bikes, Single-Speed Mountain Bikes not to mention North Side Mountain Sport bikes.

Mountain Bikes, Monarchs Of the Mountains

Depending on suspension, mountain bikes can be largely identified into 3 different variations:

1. Soft Tail Sport bikes, These are actually bikes with the help of negligible rear end suspension. Moncler Classic Quincy Purple Puffer Down Jacket MC30047These bikes are created active by your flex of the frames rather than the pivots

2. Fully firm bikes, Such bikes are provided with hardtail together with firm shell system

3. Bikes having joint or extensive suspension, These machines on road come with front suspension fork and backside suspension together with rear amaze and linkage. Moncler Womens K2 Vest in Wheat MC40012Such accessories enable the rear wheel switch smoothly upon pivots

Hardtail Bikes, These dirt bike varieties need frames without any rear suspension. More often, such bikes are provided with forward suspension forks

The contemporary bikes to get mountains are provided with more potent and lesser frame types in addition to pioneering variety and style. The built of these bicycles give way to potent riding finished rocks, logs, wooden bridges and fabricated ramps.

Some of the most notable not to mention advanced companies who’ve come in front to release the up-grading types of bikes involve Manitou, Rock Shox not to mention Fox together with other famous makers. Moncler Womens Gaelle Fully Lined Vest in Purple MC40007When you ride some bike, you are likely to make mistakes and also the fault will most likely not always turn out to be yours.

Accidents not to mention disasters can happen due to help you equipment malfunctioning or a wrong judgment as far as the rider is involved. To put an end to such absurdities numerous companies possess appeared on the scene with the help of protective gears referred to as armors.

Such equipments are generally designed in a way so on keep most people absolutely protected from actual physical damages. The most significant upper body protectors for the purpose of expert children include full-face helmets, spine protector not to mention backpack hydration structure.

Before unleashing typically the beasts on the craggy lanes, the makers of mountain / hill bikes possess indeed kept in mind the show trends in addition to demands. . Other About blog About buymoncleroutlet.org blog

Anonymous -December 18, 2011, 7:45PM
Anonymous -January 3, 2012, 6:40PM
Anonymous -January 7, 2012, 9:58PM
mina -July 8, 2012, 10:18PM

dasdas

Anonymous -August 1, 2014, 11:26AM

who have now specifically put in place stores online to achieve customers recommended to their business and often will provide a very good discount on their items that they will be selling.Also several of these stores offer you a buy at present option instead of actually difficult bid for your product.
three.Ace Hardware
Not alone does the corporation have above 5, 000 retail stores but plus it has an awesome online retail store that carries a number of necessary woodworking gear that you may well need.
3.Upper Tool & Equipment
This business offers more than 10, 000 products to their catalogue and a straight wider decision at their online shop.They may regularly have got exclusive profit items, and new item previews, clearance items together with other hot deals plus more.
So you will want review the The web today and then determine what you will discover in esteem of cheap woodworking retail outlet facilities.You may perhaps soon get with that each one important camera that you may choose to not afford any place else from one of these simple stores.
Ugg Slippers,Uggs Slippers,Ugg Slippers On Sale,Ugg Slippers Women,Ugg Slippers For Women

<meta name="des