FNO: Honestly WTF Friendship bracelets

Post image for FNO: Honestly WTF Friendship bracelets

The friendship bracelets that Honestly WTF made at our FNO event were beautiful and a true symbol of what free people stands for. They’re unbelievably quite simple to make and FUN!

They’re perfect for a quiet night in with your girlfriends. just sit around the table, chit chat, and proceed with these instructions – the outcome, a generous gift to give to your closet friend. We loved them and we hope you do too!

via Honestly WTF

fno

fno

You’ll need (for a double wrapped bracelet) :

• 44 inches of 1.5mm leather cord
  • 12 inches of brass ball chainn or crystal chainn
  • 58 inches of waxed linen cordd
  • a 1/4″ brass hex nut
  • a pair of scissors

fno

Fold the length of leather cording in half to form a loop. The loop should fit around the hex nut, which serves as the clasp. Run the tip of the waxed linen upwards along the leather cord and towards the loop. Then wrap around the base of the loop at least 5-6 times, working downwards in the opposite direction. This secures the waxed linen cord and is the start of the bracelet.

FNO

Place the ball chain along the leather cording with the end of the chain meeting the end of the wrap. Holding the ball chain against the leather cord, wrap the linen around tightly.

FNO

Continue wrapping while checking it for fit around the wrist.

fno

When you have reached the end of the ball chain wrap the linen cording around the leather strands 2-3 more times. Tie a knot with all three strands.

FNO

Thread the hex nut through the strands and tie a second knot.

FNO

Trim with scissors and your wrap bracelet is finished!!

FNO

The materials are listed for a double wrap bracelet. For a single or triple wrapped bracelet, divide the measurements by 2 and multiply by accordingly. Experiment with crystal or other types of chain! Make as many as you like and fill your wrist up!

FNO

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

Tiffany -September 14, 2011, 5:28PM

Love the bracelets!

XOOX,

Kori -September 14, 2011, 9:41PM

Holy cow. I’m so stoked about this post, I’ve been looking everywhere for a DIY post exactly like this one! Thanx! Can’t wait to make my own.

Alex Barse -September 14, 2011, 9:49PM

aileen -September 14, 2011, 10:33PM

I dig the bracelet from your FNO gift bag. Very nice!

Kate -September 15, 2011, 12:30AM
jocelyn -September 15, 2011, 12:48PM

so excited to give this a try. :)

KERI KROW -September 15, 2011, 2:58PM

WOWW….LOVE LOVE THESE, AWESOME IDEA!!
GREAT CRAFT!

lily -September 15, 2011, 10:00PM

They look SO cute !!

xxLily
goldandgray.com

nichole (eat & be pretty) -September 21, 2011, 7:14AM

these are so cute and actually look rather do-able. definitely gonna have to give a shot at this!

Denis -September 22, 2011, 5:13PM

Love it, I´ll try to make a dark blue with silver chain (for guys like me) lol
Thanks for sharing

sarah beth -September 24, 2011, 3:20PM

make it

Dondra -September 29, 2011, 9:55PM

I can’t wait to try this!!! Thanks for sharing!

Joey -October 9, 2011, 11:03AM

why does mine keep curling around and not keeping the balls/rhinestones straight????

Ali -October 13, 2011, 2:29AM

Wow I love this! Can’t wait to try it!

Janna -January 22, 2012, 3:46PM

Hi, I stumbled upon this project looking for another type of bracelet or at least the beads that are used for it. You just so happen to be wearing it in your last pic. It’s the 2nd bracelet from your wrist. It’s the one with the crystal “slider” beads between two brown cords. I just got one that’s similar at Target and am trying to find out what kind of beads those are so I can make my own. If you know, could you please get back to me? I’m going to try and make your bracelet, too. Thanks so much!!
-Janna

TB -May 17, 2012, 11:22PM

I love these bracelets. I definitely want to make some! I hope to add them to my collection of bracelets. You can view my collection here: http://www.braceletsbydesign.weebly.com

john -May 29, 2012, 1:41AM

amazing, love it

Erika -September 14, 2012, 6:27AM

I love these bracelets, I wanted to buy one from Lucky Brand but they were $35 and I was like ugh why. Seeing this DIY made me soo happy! I just completed one bracelet and these are my Pro/Cons about it:
Pro: Way cheaper, unique to your interests, simple, makes you proud, others will be surprised to know you did it by yourself
Con: sooo difficult to start with the chain flopping around (had to tape down), leather cord had about 6in remaining which is alright I guess but the waxed [cotton] cord had probably 14in left which was wasteful (too short to make any bracelet, too long to just toss), the bracelet itself is too small so hopefully someone can help me and it might fit, otherwise I’m going to be terribly bummed

I will definitely make a new one later on and alter all of the material lengths

Erika -September 14, 2012, 6:35AM

Also, I didn’t have any hex nuts and had already spent an hour at Michael’s looking for the chain and other materials, so I used a button (the kind that doesn’t have any holes except one on the back for attachment ) which I actually liked better sincee my button and the leather were both black and the crystals are silver. I don’t like to mesh silver/gold and the solid button doesn’t take away from the actual bracelet. I also think it’ll be easier to use rather than trying to squeeze it around something much more bulky

aryan -October 26, 2012, 8:47AM

It was dark when I woke. This is a ray of sunshine.