Saturday DO

Post image for Saturday DO

DO: send somebody a handwritten letter.

goodmorning-beautiful

istniec

istniec1

jevoistacoeur

theepicpumpkin

whit3-nights

I know that sending somebody a handwritten letter might sound like a cliché DO, but it really is one of those special things in life. There’s nothing like receiving a letter in the mail that somebody took the time to write and send you. It’s such a heart-felt gesture. I don’t know about you, but I keep almost every letter anybody has ever sent me. These notes have sentimental value. It’s fun to look back and read them; I can only imagine how happy I’ll be to have them when I’m old and wrinkly. Spend some time and let somebody know that you miss them, how much you love them, or just catch them up on what’s new. Package it up prettily, and then send it off the old snail mail way. They’ll be so happy to open it up when it arrives. It will become a part of their memories that lives forever.

click on images for sources

Tags: , ,

Comments

Luna -October 15, 2011, 10:26AM

Love this! Going to do this today!

S Smallcomb -October 15, 2011, 10:30AM

Aww what a great idea. everyone loves getting old-fashioned mail!

Faith -October 15, 2011, 12:30PM

I’m doing that right now… have been looking into creating my own stationary as well… nothing like getting beautiful letters in the mail!

~F

Olivia Fields -October 15, 2011, 1:58PM

I do this for everyone’s birthday for both family and friends! I started doing it a little over a year ago and now everyone looks forward to the notorious “Livy Letter”. :^)

Abigail Mitchell -October 15, 2011, 5:57PM

I was just ruminating on the simple beauty of letter-writing, too! Timeless is the physicality of handwritten expression – the personality in paper choice, the intricacies of individualized handwriting.. See more on my blog’s letter writing post:

Anonymous -November 7, 2011, 4:57AM

thanks my partner and i wish i could really feel a real moncler right now though funny !