Tunesday: Bon Iver’s Visual Masterpiece

Post image for Tunesday: Bon Iver’s Visual Masterpiece

Do you guys have artists or albums that you tend to listen to at a certain time of year? I definitely do – and this time of year, one of them is Bon Iver. His music has a serenity to it that reminds me of stepping outside after a fresh snowfall – when the world is blanketed in frosty white drifts and silence. Somehow it simultaneously makes me want to bury myself in a mound of blankets in bed and put on a pair of weather boots and go trudging through nature.

Today, Bon Iver has released a deluxe edition of his self-titled album Bon Iver, which consists of visual accompaniments for each of the album’s ten songs. The videos, which took a year to make, are stunning contemplations on nature that are the perfect compliment to Vernon’s music. I literally could not stop watching them – they are breathtaking.

Check out Holocene embedded below, and you can watch all of them on Bon Iver’s YouTube Channel.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

Kylie Rose -November 29, 2011, 12:14PM

so proud Eau Claire, Wis has produced a mind so beautiful..

morgan -November 29, 2011, 12:32PM

OMG!!! I am completely in love with Bon Iver and I am going to his concert on December 10th in Chicago! It was a surprise birthday gift and I’m so excited! When I saw that FP was featuring Bon Iver I screamed! Two of my favorite things on one website!I am so happy right now and excited that my favorite artist is being featured on my favorite blog! I <3 FP and Bon Iver!

Christina -November 29, 2011, 1:44PM

This is magical! Love it!

! -November 29, 2011, 2:33PM

Julia, I couldn’t agree more! Bon Iver is perfect to listen to during this time of the year.

Heather -November 29, 2011, 3:46PM

Thanks so much for posting this! I’ve never heard of Bon Iver, but am now in love with his music, and those videos. Definitely will be picking this up on iTunes.

Mood de Luna -November 30, 2011, 6:09PM

I love bon Iver and what a great idea for those images !!!!!

Isabelle -November 30, 2011, 7:22PM

Sooo awesome! check out Minnesota,WI if you haven’t already!! it’s my favorite- so rad

Ellen -December 12, 2011, 9:55PM

OBSESSION with Bon Iver!! Definitely check out their songs entitled Re: Stacks, Blood Bank, and Blindsided. Also, I’d definitely check out the song Thursday by Asobi Seksu!