DIY Wrapping Paper

Post image for DIY Wrapping Paper

For those of you who are in the midst of doing your holiday shopping and preparations, this DIY will come in handy! Our display team provided this tutorial showing how they made the awesome gift wrap used in our holiday store displays. I love the idea of doing this with newspaper… eco-friendly AND it looks awesome!!

What you need:
Spraypaint
Stencil
Fabric or Newspaper
Latex Gloves
Needle & Thread (if using fabric)

wrapping-paper

Only our display team would think to use radiator screens as stencils!! So clever… you could also make your own stencil by cutting shapes out of cardboard.

wrapping-paper

Once your fabric or paper is dry, you’re ready to wrap your gift! If using fabric, this is where the needle & thread comes in.

We also love the idea of using little ornaments and figurines as gift toppers! Stay tuned for another post on gift topper ideas to give your gift that little extra something special :)

wrapping-paper

And here are some closeups of this done on newspaper, it looks so cool:

diy-wrapping-paper

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Christina -December 14, 2011, 3:45PM

These are so beautiful! I just did the same but with gift bags. Check them out! http://becauseofmadalene.blogspot.com/

xo,
Christina

Taylor -December 14, 2011, 4:08PM

I make my own gift wrap all of the time! It’s personalized, fun to make, and I always get compliments!

Another DIY is to make the gift wrap like above, and then find a cheap funky frame at michaels, ac moore, or dollar tree and frame it as a wall hanging! The great thing about it is that it adds a blast of color to any room and you can change it whenever you feel the need for something different!

cincia -December 14, 2011, 6:26PM

Amazingggggg !!!!
The idea is great!!
And the best ist: RECYCLING!!!!! <3

maddie flanigan -December 14, 2011, 7:38PM

Oh, this would look so pretty under my tree (if I had one…)

Mariana -December 14, 2011, 10:35PM

Eco-friendly? Really? I mean recycling paper or fabric is eco-friendly. But spraying it with paint?
Spray paint is super toxic, both for people and for the environment.

c -December 15, 2011, 10:08AM

the clustered display is SO pretty! would do it if i had time to waste.

caitlyn harley -December 15, 2011, 10:28PM

its christmas time…is it really necessary to be hyper-critical?

caitlyn harley -December 15, 2011, 10:29PM

also note that they said to use newspaper which is recycled…loved the idea free people

Sofia -December 19, 2011, 6:00PM

I agree with Mariana!
you might call this hypr-critical, but I’d be ok had they not deemed it ecofriendly in the beginning. Sorry: I just don’t like this attitude towards eco-friendliness as pure farce/trend.

Andee -December 23, 2011, 1:24PM

wow, obviously if you want it to be more “eco-friendly” you can use a natural paint and not spray. Also, I agree this is definitely more green than what 90% of Americans do, which is support some nasty corporation like walmart, buying paper that has never been recycled and processed with twice the amount of chemicals, then simply chunking it in the trash after the gift has been opened.

Margo Isadora -January 17, 2012, 10:32PM

LOVE the idea! I have other stencils at home that I plan to use as well, might try some multi colored spray techniques too! Great idea!