Living in the City

new-york2

7_30_erin_wasson1124

Erin Wasson, Manhattan

7_2_10_PamelaLoveJordan6176

7_2_10_PamelaLoveJordan6146

Pamela Love and Jordan Sullivan, Brooklyn

Amazing New York City decor inspiration, via The Selby, of course.

There is no question that I am more of a California girl, but I grew up in a townhouse in Philly and there is something so beautiful about the brownstones in Brooklyn. That would definitely be where I’d want to live in NYC… what about you?

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Miss Elisa K. -January 11, 2012, 1:17PM

Very beautiful, I can’t wait until I can get a brownstone in Philly or in Brooklyn. I like both places as well and I a southern girl.

thomas -January 11, 2012, 5:00PM

bill!!!

thomas -January 11, 2012, 5:00PM

fanny!!!

anon -January 11, 2012, 6:00PM

Can’t wait to visit the city

Dandy -January 11, 2012, 7:14PM

I live in a brownstone in Brooklyn and there is no place I’d rather be. Rad photos.

Monika -January 11, 2012, 9:11PM

grew up in boston, lived a brownstone as a small child. i currently live in a brownstone in manhattan but brooklyn has my heart! it’s just much easier (for me) to live in manhattan for work purposes.

Meghan -January 12, 2012, 12:41AM

I live in a dorm room but in the lower east side. LOVE these photos, and love the East Village! You have all just inspired me on how to decorate my apartment this summer!

Margaux -January 12, 2012, 1:20AM

Love the couple kissing over the ladder

cheri -January 12, 2012, 1:37AM

I lived in a Brooklyn brownstone and loved every minute of it. I miss it every day. Brooklyn has a very cool eclectic feel.

sabina Macchiavello de Carrion -January 12, 2012, 9:12AM

hi.what happend with my order #F305014286….thank you for your attention

Ashley -January 12, 2012, 9:37AM

GGGGGGAHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Did you have to post these? I am in love.

Anonymous -January 12, 2012, 10:21AM

These are better and more interesting than January’s catalog!!!!

holly cromer -January 12, 2012, 11:00AM

i don’t know much about new york city since i haven’t been there before, but i love these places and spaces! i’d love to visit there sometime.

Tonya -January 13, 2012, 9:20PM

This is soo amazing and so inspiration! I plan on moving to Portland which isn’t close to NYC but a bigger city than what I’m used to. These photos are great and are definitely useful to me.
I also will be applying to the Free People store in Portland as well…hopefully I’ll be another new member to the FP family! :)

morg -January 25, 2012, 5:20PM

I just love this. Can I request a version of this of your free people girls?

Marc -May 23, 2012, 2:46AM

A brownstone in NYC (Brooklyn) may likely cost you a cool million or more, just so you know. If it’s in one of the ‘better’ areas of Brooklyn, particularly places like Park Slope, you can add another 50% on to the asking price. We just bought a new apartment in Midwood – nothing flashy, only 1050 sqr ft in a new building, but that was near $500k (it’s a condo, not a co-op). The same money could buy a near mansion of 3 times the sqr footage in most other states… My point is, if you’re thinking of moving to NYC and picture yourself living in a old brownstone or anything even remotely nice, you batter bring a very big bag of cash with you. NYC is one expensive city to live in. And if you’re thinking Manhattan, you can add another zero onto the price tag. I kid you not.