Thursday Poll:January Lookbook

Post image for Thursday Poll:January Lookbook

This January, we traveled to Palm Springs, CA to shoot our lookbook with Alexandra Spencer of 4th and Bleeker. In the book, she takes on the look of a domesticated 70’s wild child as she hangs by the pool and goes about her day in a 70’s ranch style home. The looks are filled with stacked sandals, flowing bohemian prints and ditzy patterns elevated with hard-edged suede, sequins, and funky shades. There’s no doubt this woman is beautifully Free People. Which look is your favorite?

Look 1

Shot_06_197 1_RT

Look 7

Shot_09_134_RT

Look 8

Shot_10_087_RT

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments

Natalie -January 26, 2012, 2:07PM

always amazing! just got my one teaspoon shorts and they’re fabulous. tough choice between all the looks but especially 4 and 5.

Anonymous -January 26, 2012, 2:45PM

Where on earth can you buy those pink heart shaped sunglasses at?!?

nonie -January 26, 2012, 4:19PM

anon, you can get those heart shaped glasses anywhere you look. I am not crazy about this model, I think FP should find somebody new next time. Just my opinion.

suomynona -January 26, 2012, 4:28PM

Look 6 was the only one where she wasn’t showing skanky skin. FP, there are still decent girls!

zoe -January 26, 2012, 5:49PM

suomynona, you should be ashamed of yourself. skin is skin is skin. we are all born naked. nudity is a part of life. it is absurd that you find showing it “skanky”. women who criticize and sexualize something as simple as SKIN on another women are essentially supporting sexism. if you’re comfortable and proud of your skin and you want to show it, go ahead and be proud! you don’t deserve to wear those clothes, so don’t worry about it.

anon -January 26, 2012, 6:11PM

yeah i’m not a huge fan of this model either….fp can you ask her to smile next time?? your cute clothes should be modeled by someone looking happy and FREE. She looks deprived and hungry :(

Anna -January 26, 2012, 9:14PM

I love this lookbook! So in the mood for warm summery weather. Also, great shades ;)

Mary R. -January 26, 2012, 9:49PM

Nonie and anon, if u click on the model’s blog link near the top of the blog post, you can see that (well I think anyway) she looks cuter in those pictures on her blog.. maybe something about these particular pictures of her is just a little less flattering. I think she would have looked a little cuter with more light on her face..? Fun pictures and concept tho, and Alexandra is a cutie!

Karen -January 26, 2012, 10:34PM

nothing skanky about these shots ….aren’t we all looking at the clothing anyway? and it’s wonderful….personlly I love Look 1 – the pants are GREAT!

fp julia -January 27, 2012, 10:34AM

hey guys – we appreciate everyone’s feedback, and we love our model, Alex, from 4th and Bleeker. she was awesome to work with and has such a sweet, genuine, fun personality. hope everyone understands that while we love allowing people to comment, we don’t want to share any negative and hurtful comments. thanks!

Anonymous -January 27, 2012, 11:05AM

I love this look book! It’s better than Januarys catalog!!!

alex -January 27, 2012, 1:19PM

I love this lookbook!! the clothes are so cute! I love looks 6 & 7!

Anonymous -January 27, 2012, 2:53PM

I love Alexandra Spencer’s work!