Trendspotting: Flower Power

Post image for Trendspotting: Flower Power

Spring is running through my blood and there’s no stopping it,  I want to drink sunlight until I glow and smell the sweet scent of flowers. Whenever spring comes upon us I get fueled by love and curiosity, I think it’s the turn of a new season – it makes me want to launch my heart into the unknown and try something new, like a new trend, a new way of dressing or a new makeup update. This spring we are excited about flowers, flowers all over the place and even doubling them up just like Jazzmine from Garance Dora. We’re all about it and you’ll be seeing a lot more of this these next coming months. Don’t worry, we’ll be giving you style tips on the blog on how to wear this powerful trend.

Images: Erdem Spring 2010 via Elle.com, Jazzmine Berger via Garance Dore

flowerpower2Product: Onya Buckle Platform, Tiza Ankle Sock, Floral Denim Shrunken Blazer, Printed Romper, Abiza Double Wrap Belt

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

Connie @ Daydream In Color -February 2, 2012, 8:10PM

I LOVE florals, so I totally dig this trend! The last outfit with the jacket is my fave. Love pattern mixing!

Claire -February 2, 2012, 8:19PM

Totally awesome, I want to wear head to toe florals this Spring! Xoxo

Susan -February 4, 2012, 9:19AM

Flowers flowers flowers all the way!!

Katie Martin -February 15, 2012, 9:17PM

Although I also love florals, I don’t understand why they are always seen as “the new trend” in the spring! They honestly come back basically every spring, and people always somehow view them as new and exciting every time. I feel like the only new thing about florals this year is that people are now willing to layer many different florals in the same outfit. Personally, I find it much more flattering to find one floral per outfit to really be that pop of fun and flirty. Otherwise is can just seem overbearing or even redundant. Floral is beautiful, so let’s keep it that way!

Debbie -February 16, 2012, 8:16PM

I like cute small (ditsy) florals, but am not big on these bold overpowering florals. The look matronly to me. I also don’t see florals as a trend but a classic that is huge every year. :-)

Natachasteven -April 23, 2012, 11:10AM

Your blog is so cool, so glad I discovered it!