A Diary from Wanderlust Festival

Post image for A Diary from Wanderlust Festival

It was an escape that ended all too soon, Wanderlust. The setting, the classes, the people – I learned so much on all levels of mind, body, and spirit. Motivated – full of love, peace, and happiness – I never wanted to leave.

But I suppose that leaving is a part of the whole experience, isn’t it? Being able to take that cultivated energy back to your everyday life is more of a challenge than building it in the festival’s nourishing environment. The challenge is sustaining even when you aren’t surrounded by the positive influences and reminders.

So I’ve decided to take 5 lessons with me – five things that I walked away with and will repeat like mantras in my head as a reminder. Yoga has so much to teach, and I’m curious: What have you learned from your practices – or, if you attended Wanderlust, what did you take away with you from the whole experience?

lead image by Ali Kaukas

What I Learned at WanderlustHanging Flower DecorationsYoga MatsYoga at WanderlustWanderlust CrowdBeautiful Sunset: Pink, Purple, Blue

Stay tuned for FP Movement, our all new yoga line coming soon. We’ll be celebrating the launch with free yoga classes in LA and NYC !

Check out more yoga inspired posts on the BLDG 25 blog!

Tags: , ,

Comments

Sarah D -June 26, 2012, 12:45PM

: )

Lauren -June 26, 2012, 1:32PM

I miss it already too! : ( but I learned so much there and am so very grateful for that experience, it was one like no other. I think the most important thing I heard is something I heard before but I just felt it differently this time and that is that “everything changes.” Whether it’s fear into courage, pain into comfort or even happiness to sadness—everything changes into something else and sometimes, especially if it’s negative thing to a positive, thinking that thought, can help us get through difficult times.

Natalie -June 26, 2012, 1:51PM

I had never heard of this before! Looks amazing!

FPNaomi -June 26, 2012, 3:11PM

Hi Lauren, so true! Even if you’re going through a tough time you need to remember that it will most likely pass. Cherish the happiness while you have it, but don’t dwell on sadnesses either. Thanks for sharing!!

Christina -June 26, 2012, 5:25PM

This sounds like something I need!

Speaking of serenity, come check out the Mini Succulent Garden I put together.

Christina

Sue Neely -June 28, 2012, 4:11AM

I wish I could have gone to Wanderlust! I’ll get over it, however, since I just heard the news of Free People’s new yoga collection! Can’t wait!

Sue

markbradwaybennett -August 28, 2012, 1:40PM

I just got back from Wanderlust Whistler. While I understand why this festival is appealing to some people, I can’t say I’m one of them. To me, the festival seems a lot less about yoga than it is a massive commercial enterprise and cult of yoga celebrity.