I just need some time in a beautiful place to clear my head
Dive into your soul and experience peace and tranquility for a while. Do any of you practice meditation? In this hectic world we think it’s important to practice this on a regular basis. Finding that time for yourself and exploring inner peace is so healthy for your mind and body.
I always find myself a quiet room, shut the door, burn a candle, and have 20 minutes to myself and meditate. I try to ignore the thinking mind by making my thoughts numb; I focus on a quiet mind, freeing awareness and anxiety. By doing this I find I can control my reactions to things and I become increasingly aware of my thoughts. See below a way to meditate.
- Set aside enough time daily
- Place yourself in quiet surroundings
- Sit on ground level or on a floor cushion and keep your back straight (if you’re more advanced you can sit in the lotus position)
- Tilt your pelvis forward and stack up the vertebrae in your spine, balancing one on top of another
- Relax your arms and legs… relax everything
- Concentrate on your breathing; listen to its matter and follow it, but don’t think too deeply
- And finally, silence your mind… focus on nothing at all
Try it and see how you feel afterwards, I promise you’ll be addicted!
Check out more of our yoga posts