Life has been a little bit stressful lately. Stressful in a good way though – a lot going on, both in and outside of work. I have a tendency when I get stressed to grind my teeth while I sleep. It’s something I’ve tried various treatments for (including mouth guards) but I was looking into alternative options recently and that’s when I discovered that chamomile is so much more than just a flavor of tea…
In reading about chamomile I learned that its soothing benefits can be extremely helpful to relieve stress and anxiety – and muscle pain or twitching (such as the type I get in my jaw) can also be remedied by sipping on chamomile-infused tea or beverages. I’m excited to try out this method, and if you have any other suggestions please let me know!
Here are some of the many other benefits of beautiful chamomile:
- relief for menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome
- relief for irritable bowel syndrome, nausea, or stomach flu
- chamomile can help with sleep disorders or restlessness for both adults and children
- relief from stomach ulcers or stress-induced soreness or anxiety
- adding chamomile oil to bath water can help soothe irritated skin, rashes or eczema
As I was doing some research around this I also came across some amazing recipes using chamomile – check out this Honey Chamomile Frozen Custard, it has my mouth watering!
Click on images for sources; lead image source.
More healthy tips in our beauty category!