How To Make Edible Lip Scrub

Post image for How To Make Edible Lip Scrub

Have soft kisses and make your lips feel wonderful. Lip scrub is a great way to get rid of any dead skin or rough patches on your lips and make them smooth again. I always have a bad habit of licking my lips… in air conditioned buildings, when it’s hot outside and when it’s cold – it makes my lips so dry. I often have to exfoliate them and the way I do it is with a homemade remedy; a sugar and peppermint lip scrub that’s tasty as well as refreshing.

Here’s how to make it:

Ingredients

Olive oil or jojoba oil

Sugar

Peppermint oil

In a little cup – I always use my favorite peacock egg holder – put in a little olive oil.

edible lip scrub

Then add some sugar to make a consistency that isn’t too runny – about the same consistency you’d find in a body scrub.

edible lip scrub

Add a couple of drops of peppermint oil and mix together.

edible lip scrub

Then put a little on your finger and rub gently onto lips. Lick the ingredients off to stop a sweet craving and you should have super soft lips by the end of it. If your lips are feeling a little dry, try this at home – it should help.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

Leisa -August 20, 2012, 2:25PM

Can you change out the oil type from peppermint to other choices without having a negative effect on the outcome?

fp jemma -August 20, 2012, 3:03PM

Hi Leisa, if you don’t like peppermint oil you could try vanilla extract, or I heard that mango, lime or lemon flavored oil is also good

megan -August 20, 2012, 4:28PM

I’m definitely making this tomorrow…but ill probably try vanilla extract I don’t know where to get peppermint oil

fp jemma -August 20, 2012, 4:48PM

Hi Megan, Wholefoods or Health Food Stores will sell it :)

emily -August 20, 2012, 8:41PM

Would it still work if I used raw sugar instead? I don’t have any regular sugar

Cheri -August 20, 2012, 9:03PM

Emily raw sugar may be to abrasive for your lips which could result in raw skin.. Stick to regular granulated sugar.

Cheri -August 20, 2012, 9:07PM

…. The main thing is don’t rub to hard

Winter -August 21, 2012, 2:00AM

I love doing lip scrubs since they make my lips feel great (though I’ve never added an essential oil to it before), but I can attest to not rubbing too hard when doing these. Or not having overly dry/raw lips when you do one. A person could develop a blister on their lip if they do a lip scrub under these conditions. Sadly yes, I am speaking from experience. Just putting my word of caution out there ;)
Also, I find using brown sugar is the best. It feels less abrasive compared the granulated sugar. Anyway, thanks for the idea of using peppermint oil. Now I have even more of an excuse to go to our local health food store!

fp jemma -August 21, 2012, 9:30AM

Thanks so much Winter! these are all great tips!

Liz -August 23, 2012, 7:32PM

I’m trying the avacado, egg white, and olive oil mask for my hair as we speak! =-) I will let you know how it well it works for my hair!

Liz -August 23, 2012, 7:35PM

If anyone wants to know how to get rid of blemishes fast then you need try the egg white mask! Its absolutely amazing I use it once or twice a month and it works wonders for my skin. It works well as a skin brightener too! I take one egg and seperate the egg white from the yolk. Then I mix the egg white until it has a frothy look to it, and then I slather it all over my face and leave it on for 20-25 min or until dry. You’re skin will feel really tight and fresh after. It makes your pores smaller too! Make sure to moisturize after because the egg white tend to dry out your skin.

Jess -September 19, 2012, 5:22PM

I tried a version of this, and made my own step by step one rainy day. Enjoy! http://lowtidebeautyrush.tumblr.com/post/18713912974/got-bored-yesterday-doing-microeconomics-made

Aliya -September 25, 2012, 4:05PM

cool, I have to try this

emma -November 14, 2012, 9:53AM

How long can this scrub last? If i make this today, how many days can I keep it and use it? Will it ever go bad? Is it a one use type of thing?

Jennie -November 29, 2012, 9:02PM

Emma, from my own experience with sugar scrubs, I find that they do not last very long as opposed to salt scrubs. Salt scrubs do not go rancid very quickly and I find can last for months, whereas the sugar scrubs I would use less than two weeks. If you must, make small batches that you know you can use quickly, and just make more when you run out. Smaller batches are also good for trying out new recipes! Hope that helps.

Serena -January 14, 2013, 9:24PM

You can get peppermint oil at Earth Savers!

Julie -April 23, 2013, 5:08PM

I’ve had a go at playing around and found that mixing castor sugar, toasted sesame oil, semolina, vanilla essence and a little salt. It makes an edible lip scrub that is very similar to the popcorn one in lush and only costs pennies to make!

Cake and Candy Decorating seo -June 22, 2013, 12:19AM

We’ll at once grasp the rss after i cannot to locate your current email registration weblink as well as e-newsletter program. Are there just about any? Be sure to allow my family recognize so that I may signed up. Many thanks.

Joanna -August 9, 2013, 12:22PM

Should we refrigerate the lip scrub?

Morgan -December 10, 2013, 2:16PM

I am in love with your peacock cup, where can I find one?!

Christie -March 8, 2014, 10:27PM

Tried this tonight in Tucson and it felt and tasted amazing!!! Thank you so much! (I used the vanilla extract)

Julie -June 28, 2014, 6:06AM

Is it ok if i use almond oil insted of olive oil

Julie -June 28, 2014, 6:40AM

Mmmmmmm this is SOOOOOOO sweet

Faith -December 4, 2014, 10:35PM

I made something like this a while ago with lemon and coconut – peppermint sounds wonderful! Some people on my gift list will definitely be getting some of this:) Thanks for the inspiration!