English Breakfast vs. American Breakfast: Which Do You Prefer?

Post image for English Breakfast vs. American Breakfast: Which Do You Prefer?

Breakfast is, by far, my most favorite meal of the day; nothing beats waking up and having a yummy meal before you start your day. Before I came to America from the UK, my breakfast mainly consisted of baked beans, mushrooms, scrambled egg, bacon, sausages and toast – what we would call “The Full Monty.” Then I was introduced to a whole new world of mixing sweet with savory in the glorious USA. At first the thought of mixing pancakes and syrup with my beans was really odd to me and I could not have them on the same plate at all. But as the months grew on, this became a notable thing to do and now when it comes to the weekend, I crave pancakes with my eggs and beans.

My favorite place to go for breakfast in London is The Breakfast Club, painted egg yolk yellow on the outside and filled with everything from your childhood dreams on the inside. This place, if you’re looking for a good Full Monty, is the place to go. Which breakfast style do you prefer: English or American? An English breakfast holds a special place in my heart, but I must say, you can’t beat good pancakes!

A Full English Breakfast

Full english breakfast

The Breakfast Club London

the breakfast club

Tags: , ,

Comments

megan -September 9, 2012, 10:43AM

I love biscuits and gravy..by far the best breakfast

Vanessa -September 9, 2012, 12:24PM

I ❤ both now too ! I’m a Brit living in USA so feel like we have the best o both worlds ! We are opening a Brit tea emporium cafe next month ! So it’s interesting to see what people like ! I’ve yet to meet an American who likes beans with their brekky !!!!!

Madison -September 9, 2012, 12:48PM

I just had an amazing homemade bacon, egg, and cheese on a plain bagel, mmm! I love American breakfasts, preferably from a diner!

Lexi -September 9, 2012, 12:49PM

English… because I can have a flat white with it :)

c -September 9, 2012, 12:51PM

I cannot stand savoury with sweet. I don’t like full english breakfasts either. I’d rather have a bowl full of fruit and yoghurt or a bowl of cereal with a tea or a glass of juice as opposed to a greasy fry or bacon wrecking my pancakes.

Trista -September 9, 2012, 1:03PM

Breakfast USA all the way…I love the sweetness (and antioxidants) of fresh blueberries in milk or cereal.
The best breakfast ever? Try mixing a 1 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries, 1/2 a cup of strawberries, and 1/2 a cup of raspberries in a cereal bowl. Pour a half a glass (or more if you prefer) of vanilla flavored soy milk over the berries. The soy milk coats the berries, and it is a little like cereal, and a little like ice cream.
Amazingly delish.

Amanda -September 9, 2012, 7:17PM

Australian! Vegemite on toast all the way!

Denise -September 11, 2012, 12:36PM

The only time I’ve had beans with my breakfast is when I have Mexican. But, I like it so I’m sure I’d like the English breakfast too. Side note: We Americans don’t always have pancakes for breakfast.

Laura -September 12, 2012, 7:49AM

The best is spanish breakfast!!

chii -September 26, 2012, 10:49PM

I love asian foods.. hehe

hotel clark pampanga -October 15, 2012, 3:28AM

I like the English breakfast better! Very hearty!

Elise -November 24, 2012, 7:33PM

I’d have to say English breakfast is my favourite, but I love the breakfast and food in general where I am, in Seattle, WA, but I am from England. I’m vegetarian, so I love the creative vegan options here.

Megan -December 4, 2012, 11:38AM

i love the English breakfast, minus the beans since I’m Paleo =)