It’s apple season, everyone! Apple picking is such a fun fall activity, but what in the world are you going to make with all those apples you just picked? Apple pie, apple fritters, applesauce… what else? Apple chips! Apple chips are the perfect way to get that sweet and crunchy snack you might be craving right about now – and they’re healthy, too!
Maple Cinnamon Apple Chips
Yields 1 serving
Ingredients (as if you couldn’t already tell by the name):
2 medium apples of any kind
¼ cup pure maple syrup
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1.Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Wash and core your apples, then cut about ¼ inch off the top/bottom of each one, discarding these pieces.
3. Using a mandoline slicer, cut each apple into ⅛ inch slices. (Side note: If you’ve never used a mandoline slicer, you’re in for a real treat. They’re so much fun to use – you get such a feeling of satisfaction when each slice is made!)
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place each slice on top, making sure not to overlap slices.
5. Mix together syrup and cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Coat each apple slice with your maple-cinnamon mixture on both sides.
7. Place in the oven for about 2 hours (time will vary depending on oven and apple thickness, so check often!) Flip your slices every half hour or so.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. The chips should crisp up as they cool!
9. ENJOY! :)
Photos by Brigette.
More recipe ideas!