What’s On My Beauty Shelf?

Post image for What’s On My Beauty Shelf?

A girl loves to have a beauty shelf in her bathroom, a little place where she keeps things that she likes to pamper herself with. I’ve always liked the simple things when it comes to beauty.  I’m a little scared of makeup and have never been all that good at applying it either. So when it comes to my beauty regime I’m happy with the little things like a good face wash, moisturizer,  face mask, eye cream,  vitamins, and a lovely perfume. Of course I apply a little tinted moisturizer and mascara to liven my face up a little when I leave the house, but that’s really it.

Here’s a glimpse at some of the products on my beauty shelf at home and why I love them so much.

1. Biotin Vitamins by Solgar – Biotin is important for not only your hair but also your body. Biotin helps turn the food you eat into energy and also helps you have healthy eyes, hair, skin and nails.
  2. Urban Moonshine Energy Tonic – This energy tonic combines some of the most widely used adaptogenic herbs to protect your body from the harmful effects of stress. It helps to increase energy levels and your general well-being.
  3.  Diptyque Perfume in Doson – Diptyque is my favorite perfume brand, and Doson is the scent I’m currently smitten with. It’s mysterious and smells of hidden berries and flowers.
  4. Vitamin B-6 by Country Life – to help convert my food into energy and helping the body metabolize fats and proteins.
  5. Organic Coffee Bean Caffeine Eye Cream – is 100% natural and helps with puffiness and dark circles. It smells great too!
  6.  Ren Radiant Renewal Mask – I love how light and fresh Ren products. This mask helps to renew the complexion and get rid of dead skin cells, and helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

That’s it, a few things that belong on my beauty shelf. What beauty products can’t you live without?

Tags: ,

Comments

Gabriella -October 3, 2012, 3:15PM

I feel the same way – I stick to the basics. I like my skin feeling fresh, not covered up in makeup. That perfume sounds wonderful, I’ll have to check that one out! Awesome beauty shelf, I must say.

Maria -October 3, 2012, 3:18PM

Very useful post! Thank you! I wish, I could apply less make up to my skin . But I’ve always had the feeling that my face tone is not even and the blemishes make it worse. Right now I use Mario Badescu stuff for washing my face and toning. But, honestly, I can not remember when was the last time that I left my house without applying full make up on. And I’m thinking that maybe I need some vitamins to help my skin stay healthy?Hmm..

Lilly -October 3, 2012, 4:39PM

keep up with posts like this, really good!

Lauren -October 3, 2012, 5:16PM

Does anyone use emu oil? I’ve heard it’s a great product to use if you want soft, blemish-free, skin – but I don’t know what brands to trust…

Lula -October 4, 2012, 6:02AM

Almond oil is great for the skin, I use it a lot on my legs (but stay out of the sun after applying it) and shea butter (I use it as a face cream everyday).
Love.

anji -October 4, 2012, 11:29AM

Love this personalized post. Beauty product recommendations like this are great- thank you!!

Alexis -October 4, 2012, 12:27PM

I swear by Lush tea tree water toner. I live in Florida and have oily skin, and this stuff saves my life. Also, as goofy as it may sound, I only recently discovered the magical powers of tinted moisturizer. The only makeup I use is Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, nars the multiple on my eyes and cheeks, and mascara. I thank the lovely girls on downton abbey for inspiring my makeup-lite look!

miss b -December 18, 2012, 5:51PM

mason jars (i purchased a bunch at Walmart.. SHHh.. hate shopping there!) make perfect spot to hold q-tips, odds and ends, hair ties & bracelets! I also love mixing them in with old antique bottles and perfume bottles with a single little flower! OoOO and finding them washed up ashore along the bay is always a treasure. thanks for the cool post FP