Video: How To Use Hair Chalk!

Post image for Video: How To Use Hair Chalk!

UPDATE: This previously ran on October the 22nd but we thought we would bring it back for some fun this holiday season.

This week we have launched our very own hair chalk just in time for Halloween, and we just couldn’t wait to get our hands on it and try it out. It’s simple, easy and effective and you can be as innovative as you like – from multicolored tips to single strands and then maybe if you feel like it… twist your hair into a beautiful braid for even more impact. It’s something you can have fun with all year round!  So, watch our simple video below and learn how we do it.

Hair Chalk available here

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Stella -October 22, 2012, 7:46AM

From where I can get hair chalks? I love this hair style. I want to give it a try.

fp shani -October 22, 2012, 8:21AM
Nina -October 22, 2012, 8:37AM

this looks awesome, just curious if it rubs off on your clothes at all?

Kate -October 22, 2012, 11:44AM

I am curious to know how it looks on brunettes, especially dark brown. Colors look lovely on blonde hair, but sadly I am not blonde. I also wonder if it rubs off on clothes or does not do this once dry.

Hannah -October 22, 2012, 3:42PM

Great idea! I would love to try it, but I’m afraight my hair is too dark for it… :/
I was just wondering… Is it possible to straighten your hair once the chalk is dried?

Taylor Rae -October 22, 2012, 4:46PM

This is going to be perfect for my mermaid costume this Halloween. Thanks for the great tutorial!

fp jemma -October 22, 2012, 4:47PM

Hi Hannah, I should imagine it’s OK to straighten your hair afterwards :)

anonymous -October 22, 2012, 6:29PM

@Hannah-Hair chalk tends to stay in longer with heat to straighten as well as to curl- it may cause hair to become dry but it can be done,@Nina and Kate- it can get on clothes during and after you apply so you may want to consider wearing something you don’t care about especially during wet application, and wearing something close to the color(s) you used after its dry. @Stella- Hair chalks are the same as soft pastel chalks that can be purchased at any art supply store .

Avril -October 22, 2012, 9:23PM

I’m a brunette and tried this over the summer. It took sososo much chalk just to get some color that it completely dried out my hair (when it’s normally strait and smooth.) It might work differently for others, but from my experience, I would NOT recommend doing this.

diyearte by L & S -October 23, 2012, 4:09AM

gorgeous!!!

DIY and more:

Meleny -October 23, 2012, 12:59PM

I have those same pastels, maybe I’ll have to give this a try.

Ashley -October 23, 2012, 5:07PM

Those are awesome…but do they work on dark brown hair??

shannon -November 25, 2012, 6:13PM

i would like to see how it looks with brown hair or black

Jana -November 26, 2012, 12:15AM

i want that!

angelina -November 26, 2012, 12:25AM

i LOVE the hair chalk trend, but i’m worried about the color staining my shirt/jacket that i would be wearing when my hair rested or brushed by it. Does anyone know if hair chalk will stain shirts?
i dont want to be walking around with beautiful color in my hair, but stains down by back!!

Lola -November 26, 2012, 1:25AM

As an artist, and knowing these are simply regular chalks, I must warn people that this stuff stains !!! Sure, it looks whimsical and pretty, but it is not practical. It’s like for a photo shoot. I wouldn’t walk around with this seeing as its just chalk. How drying and bad for your hair!!!

anna -November 26, 2012, 1:29AM

Chalk pastels?!? Free people, are you nuts?!? Without hairspray or something to act as a fixative, this is stain city. I wouldn’t wear FP clothing with it. FP needs to warn people about this. Chalk pastels are made with pigments (nearly pure pigments like what paint is from) and pigments STAIN and RUB OFF when they are dry. Even if you apply this stuff wet, it will dry fast and crumble/stain. What a mess.

CarCarskinnyminny -December 24, 2012, 11:16PM

luv this stuff just got a pak and i look like an elf with the x -mas colors in lolz <3 :-)

terri roberts -January 9, 2013, 5:47PM

love hair chalk…my youngest girls are brunett and blonde it def shows up better on blonde hair, just use the colors that work better on dark hair ,like the pinks ,yellows ,orange , green….my girls are the envy of their classmates, a tastful streak or fill in the last half of hair pretty cool

Jennifer -January 22, 2013, 5:58PM

Got my hair chalk after reading your post and I fall in lvoe with it already. Great tutorial, thank you for the tips!

alejandra -March 16, 2013, 8:13PM

hi…i love how it looks but I have my hair dark..can i use the hair chalk

Ray -April 24, 2013, 8:53PM

Does it stain clothes!!!?

Rikki -December 9, 2014, 5:31PM

hey guys ! :)
do you have way to DIY? been looking everywhere !