DIY: Easy Peasy Decoupage Jar

Post image for DIY: Easy Peasy Decoupage Jar

Our December catalog has launched and inside its pages are beautiful decoupages of botanical flowers. The graphics bring life and feeling. They add a freshness to our winter day just by looking at them. So to go alongside our catalog’s decoupage theme, we thought we’d bring to life a DIY using decoupage itself with the graphics from the catalog.

Here’s how to make a decoupage jar.

What you need:

A cutting board and cutting knife

Graphics (please feel free to save and print the ones below)

A jar

All purpose glue

A sponge

Our December Graphic:

Step One: Choose the graphic you like and cut around it carefully with a cutting knife, making sure you have a cutting mat underneath.

Step Two: When you have finished cutting your graphic, figure out where on the jar you’d like to place it.

Step three: Once you have decided, mix together 50% glue and 50% water to create a watery paste.

Step four: Using a sponge brush, start painting the graphic onto the jar, making sure it gets soaked up in glue, but not too much that it becomes soggy – this could cause the graphic to break apart.

Step five: Once the glue has dried, wet some tissue and wipe away the excess glue from around the graphic, making sure it’s all clean.

And there you have it, a cute little jar to place on your shelf inspired by our December catalog.

Check out more DIY ideas we love.

Tags:

Comments

Megan -December 14, 2012, 9:40AM

Love this!!!

Johnie Gall -December 14, 2012, 10:35AM

So beautiful and easy…I seriously use Mod Podge for everything. :)

Laura -December 16, 2012, 10:23AM

It’s nice to see the art of decoupage finally being shared around! I’ve known about it for a while now – a family member taught it me when I was back in Lithuania for a holiday as it’s very popular there. It’s also reminded me that I need to do some more!
P.S You can always use art designs from paper napkins! Just mind that you peel it to the last layer and be very gentle :)

Sarah -December 17, 2012, 7:09PM

These are the best!

I’m making them for my mom, my boyfriend’s mom, and myself for Christmas!

Maisie -June 24, 2013, 9:13AM

This has to be one of my all time favourites! I think i’m going to start early and make some gifts for my loved ones

Knitascarf -August 13, 2013, 12:21PM

I love the floral pattern. http://www.learnhowtoknitascarf.com