Our December Lookbook, “Dress Code,” is full of inspiration for holiday parties and New Year’s Eve, featuring model Sabrina Nait looking stunning in elegant dresses and cool styling. Half of the shoot was done against a blueish gray backdrop with makeup centered around a bold red lip, while the other half was shot against a red backdrop and featured a gorgeous smokey eye. Our makeup artist Deanna showed us how to achieve both of these looks. Read the tutorial below and let us know which one you like best!
First we wanted to share some of our little secrets for prepping the skin prior to applying any makeup. Our models typically travel down from New York City by train, which means it’s a very early morning for them! Deanna uses this Garnier Skin Renew Anti-Puff Eye Roller under their eyes to reduce any puffiness, plus the metal ball at the tip feels cool and soothing to the skin. She uses Embyrolisse Lait-Crème Concentré to moisturize the skin and applies a couple layers of Homeoplasmine ointment to moisturize the lips – when applying a matte color to the lips you want to make sure they are nice and moisturized beforehand!
Look One: The Bold Red Lip
1. Apply Nars Tinted Moisturizer (we used Alaska) to even out skin tone and cover up any blemishes.
2. For the red lip we used Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in “Cruella.”
3. Nars Shimmer Eyeshadow in “Blondie” on upper eyelids.
4. We used Nars Iuminator in “Orgasm” on the highlighting points (cheekbones, forehead, nose) and on eyelids as well.
5. Nars Multiple “Maui” on apples of cheeks for a rosy glow.
6. Black mascara.
Look Two: The Smokey Eye
1. Apply Nars Tinted Moisturizer (we used Alaska) to even out skin tone and cover up any blemishes. We also used this on the lips for a great shimmery nude tone.
2. Nars Eyeshadow in “Lili Marlene” on upper lid and lightly brushed under the eye to blend with liner.
3. Nars Eyeliner in “London” along upper and lower lash lines.
4. We used Illamasqua Precision Ink Liquid Eyeliner to apply a thin line along the lashes on the upper lid.
5. Mac Naked Liner Lip Pencil to define lips.
6. Nars Multiple “Maui” on apples of cheeks for a rosy glow.
7. Black mascara.
Which look do you love most?
Shop the December Lookbook.
More beauty tips from the BLDG 25 Blog.