We asked our makeup artist Deanna Hagan what one of her favorite looks is for Spring, and she didn’t even hesitate – it’s all about the wing. When shooting our January catalog in Amsterdam Deanna used the winged eye on several of the models, and we love the pretty and flirtatious element it adds to the face. It’s the perfect complement to a fresh face with little other makeup, or it can be used to vamp up an already glam look. It would be a beautiful look for Valentine’s Day, or just for any old day you want to change up your look a little bit! The wing has the ability to completely transform the look of your face by giving your eye an alluring shape – the thing is, it’s not easy to do! It all depends on the shape of your eye and using the right kind of product and tools. Watch the video below as Deanna demonstrates how to get the perfect wing for spring!
Mandi is wearing the Cold Shoulder Stripe Tee.
We love a bold black wing done with liquid eyeliner and a clean face for a fresh, flirty look that isn’t over the top.
1. Illamasqua Precision Ink Liquid Eyeliner in black – creates a beautiful liquid line almost like patent leather.
2. NARS Soft Touch Shadow Pencil in “Dark Rite.”
3. NARS Eyeshadow in “Outremer” – nice to use in addition to the blue liner, it helps set the line and also brings out the color’s vibrancy.
4. Q-tips Precision Tips – use with makeup remover to perfect the shape of your wing.
5. Bioderma Makeup Remover – a gentle, oil free makeup remover.
6. Makeup Forever Aqua Liners – these come in such fun colors to play around with for Spring and Summer!
More beauty tips from the BLDG 25 Blog.
Photos by Julia.