A Perfect Getaway: Amansala Eco Chic Resort

Post image for A Perfect Getaway: Amansala Eco Chic Resort

In all my years of doing yoga, I can’t really believe that I’ve never done a retreat.  Lately I have been craving a getaway that will not only fulfill my need for sunshine and warmth, but will nourish the mind, body, and soul as well.  There are so many amazing yoga retreats available around the globe that it can be overwhelming to find just the right one for you.  I have been l0oking around at various options and there’s one I keep coming back to: Destination Detox at Amansala Chica in Tulum, Mexico. This amazing retreat is a five-night program designed to rejuvenate and balance from the inside out. It includes daily yoga classes, morning walks on the beach, meals consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables, and simple clean foods, spa treatments, Mayan clay treatment, body sculpting classes, raw food cooking classes and excursions to local swimming holes and Mayan ruins. I can’t even imagine how amazing you must feel upon completing this retreat! I feel like doing something like this would not only be an amazing vacation but it would also be transformative in the way that you eat and take care of yourself.

Have any of you ever done an amazing yoga retreat? Let us know in the comments, we would love to check it out!

What to Pack:

fp movement

Product Pictured: FP Movement Printed Yoga Mat, Printed Dolphin Short (on model), Keep Me Tee (on model), Tie Dye Turban (on model), Tie Dye FP Blanket, Fishnet Racer Back Bra, Foldover Frill Legging, Solid Low Back Top, Knotted Fringe Bandeau, Large Friendship Bracelet, Ryan Sandal, Small Dream Catcher, Cobra Yoga Bag.

amansala tulum

amansala tulum

amansala tulum

amansala tulum

amansala tulum

amansala tulum

amansala tulum

amansala tulum

amansala tulum

More travel inspiration and yoga from the BLDG 25 Blog!

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

Breck -January 29, 2013, 8:21AM

Hi! I just got back from Thailand where I did a homestay yoga retreat that was very nice, but the one I was wanting to attend (it was full) was in Chiang Mai, Thailand. You can pair your yoga retreat with a raw food or juice/ detox retreat! The reviews are amazing and most people say they went home 5-10lbs lighter!

Check it out here: thesparesorts.net

fp julia -January 29, 2013, 12:04PM

Breck, that sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing :)

Ira -January 29, 2013, 3:05PM

I never did one but someone told me about a nice Yoga retreat in Bali (The Yoga Barn). Must be great!

Faith -January 29, 2013, 4:28PM

This sounds sublime! Wish I had the time and money to try it out…

Megan -January 29, 2013, 8:10PM

Free People has me daydreaming again! wish i had a teleport! ;)

Tia -January 29, 2013, 9:09PM

This sounds wonderful. Though with my sensitive stomach, and coming from Canada, I wonder if eating a bunch of raw foods in Mexico is a good idea.

Eileen -January 29, 2013, 10:18PM

I went to Amansala for a six day retreat a few years ago and can honestly say that it was a life changing experience. The yoga was great, the accommodations and food fantastic, the people who were there from around the globe were fascinating, the spa treatments were restorative, the view hd surroundings were breathtaking and the daily excursions were such a treat ! It honestly doesn’t get ny better than Amnsala!

Julie -January 30, 2013, 12:57PM

I agree with all of it. So incredible at Amansala! the only thing I disagree with is the long sleeves! I cant wait to go back.

Jen -January 30, 2013, 3:48PM

I went to Amansala two years ago. Best vacation/retreat ever! Can’t wait to go back. The pictures are not too good to be true, it is really that beautiful. I highly recommend it!

Catarina -January 31, 2013, 4:12PM

wow this is too dreamy.

Mirella -February 2, 2013, 7:41PM

Stayed for a week in November 2012, loved it so much I returned at Christmas. The atmosphere, the surroundings, the spectacular beaches, life simple.
It made me slow down, breath, thank you Amansala!

Jane -February 10, 2013, 1:58PM

Like most undiscovered places, this one was much better before everyone knew about it. Went back for our annual yoga retreat and was disappointed to find the customer service and food had considerably gone down hill. Will continue to go to Tulum, but time to move on to a location who hasn’t started to rest on their now popular reputation and instead continues to focus on what got them a good reputation in the first place.

Nuancesdefilles -February 13, 2013, 6:52AM

so perfeeeeeeeeect!

juliet -April 26, 2013, 10:49AM

on my trip to Bali i went to yoga barn and it was amazing.

black diamond deluxe breech plug wrench -June 25, 2014, 7:39AM

We stumbled over here by a different page and thought I may ass well check things out.
I like what I seee so i am ust following you. Look forward to
looking into your web page yet again.