Jemma’s Daily Essentials

Post image for Jemma’s Daily Essentials

On a daily basis, I have certain essentials that I need to carry with me all the time, it’s a mild OCD. I feel like my day is not complete without them. I believe most people have this trait, and I’m always curious to see what little things people like to carry along with them. Whether it’s in their bag, placed on their work space to look at everyday at work, or just things that they feel they need to have around them in their space. It says a lot about one’s personalty I think.

My daily essentials are quite common, with a little obscurity about them – take a look at my daily essentials. We’d love to know what yours are, too.

I always carry my sketchbook, and feel lost without it. I  like to jot down creative ideas I have, tears I love, and find, and draw items of clothing I admire. It’s therapeutic to me to drift off sometimes and just doodle and let ideas out.

My sister bought me these cute little violetta sweets from Leone in Italy, I’m a sucker for sweet packaging and having this at my desk or in my handbag makes me smile, plus it satisfies my sweet tooth every once in a while.

During the winter months, my lips get awfully dry and I constantly need lip balm to keep them smooth, I love my LA Nuit with Jasmine by Stewart & Claire.

dailyessentials2

I have a thing for little plastic animals, the little elephant above happens to pop up in the most unexpected of places.

I always carry hand sanitizer with me, just because, and the leaf… I picked up while on a hike one day and couldn’t let it go, I’m not sure why.

I have a happiness coin that my friend give me 3 years ago, I always keep it on me. It has a little dent in the middle so when you rub your thumb over it, it’s quite calming.

dailyessentials

I love honey and this orange blossom flavor is one of my favorites by Fruit-wood Orchards, you never know when you might need honey.

Every morning I take this Chinese tea pill not just because the name is super cute “free and easy wanderer” but because this plum flower as a ton of benefits that eases headaches, anxiety, bloating, and fatigue.

We’d love to know what your daily essentials are.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

sarah -February 27, 2013, 8:47AM

This is so lovely. x Sarah

molly -February 27, 2013, 8:59AM

i always have my mala beads that my bf in colorado gave me-just to have them near me takes away so much anxiety, and my nalgene (has so much sentimental value) with my favorite band stickers and NOLS stickers is attached to my hip, as well as keeps me super hydrated cause i’m always drinking water from it.

Leisa -February 27, 2013, 11:52AM

My Essentials: coconut lotion, lip balm, a comb, cheek stain, rose quarts worry stone, smart water

Katrina -February 27, 2013, 12:19PM

I always have a notebook/sketchpad, pencil and pen, coconut lip balm and lotion, a cross, and an inspirational photo, usually of the beach or a country path.

Brooke -February 27, 2013, 12:42PM

Cocoa butter lip balm goes with me everywhere, and I always have a sea shell hiding somewhere. In one of my coat pockets I have two sea shells that I like to rub together while my hand is in my pocket–i just forgot to take them out after a beach walk and decided to leave them because I like the sound produced when I rub them together.

Taylor -February 27, 2013, 3:11PM
Andrea -February 27, 2013, 3:55PM

My rose hand lotion from The Body Shop, Baby Lips lip balm from Maybelline, random pieces of jewelry, micron pens, my ipod, some hair ties, and a small notebook.

Megan -February 27, 2013, 3:56PM

i always carry some kind of lip balm (currently coco butter), hand sanitizer, corkscrew, and a wine stopper! haha, they always come in handy!!

marcy -February 27, 2013, 7:22PM

hi jemma, love the leaf, you are too cute. I am sentimental about finds like that too! Where do you buy free and easy wanderer? I’d love to try it. Thanks!
xo

Chelsea -February 28, 2013, 2:00AM

I have this tiny mushroom I found on a hike- it’s one of those bright, bright red ones with a white stem. I thought they didn’t exist- that those little red mushrooms only grew in fairy tales. For several years now I’ve had my little mushroom. He lives in an equally little corked glass bottle on a vanity of a new kind of forest with floral perfumes and wood incense. I go to that vanity every morning and he reminds me: I live in a wonderland.

maria -February 28, 2013, 2:32AM

My essentials: a bag of cacao nibs or an apple (for emergency hehe), cotton candy chapstick (smells n tastes so dreamy n sweet!), leopard plastic animal (hahaha it makes me smile everytime), musk hand lotion, strawberry hand sanitizer (it’s a must!), tissue, a notebook and a pink pen (i like to write random stuff).

I’d like to try that “free and easy wanderer” aswell!!!

X

Sophie Isobel -February 28, 2013, 2:35AM

Love this post for so much, I was inspired to write my own! http://herlibraryadventures.blogspot.com.au/2013/02/my-daily-essentials.html
Thanks so much for sharing! I especially love the feather and the leaf.
Sophie x

Lula -February 28, 2013, 5:50AM

This made me smile. I found a rubber crocodile some weeks ago and it became an essential in my bag. I like to come across his tail when I´m looking for the keys.

FP Jemma -February 28, 2013, 12:57PM

@Marcy you can buy them at Amazon :)

Jo -February 28, 2013, 5:17PM

Thank you so much for sharing Jemma :) you piqued my interest in tea pills! what changes have you felt since you started taking Free & Easy Wanderer tea pills?

fran -March 1, 2013, 7:33AM

I wonder where your friend bought that happiness coin?

test website -March 17, 2013, 9:49AM

Wow that was odd. I just wrote an incrediblylong comment but after I clicked submit my commentdidn’t show up. Grrrr… well I’m not writing all that over again.Anyhow, just wanted to say great blog!

Mollie -March 17, 2013, 2:49PM

this post is so nice and full of inspiration!^.^

Carmella -April 22, 2013, 1:32PM

So cute I loved reading this! I have a stuffed elephant keychain that I cannot leave my house without. Also, my little world traveler notebook and my coconut chapstick!

Lilietta -April 23, 2013, 8:13PM

Love this sweet little post :) I always have my Jack Black lip balm, Figs and Rouge hand cream (i like the Coco Rose one), my bkr water bottle (get one they are awesome!), sunscreen, jelly pens and a notebook!

lexi -May 11, 2013, 2:24PM

Hi Jemma,
I was just wondering if you take the recommended amount of the tea pills. I looked it up because I also would like to try it out, and it says to take 8 pills 3 times a day. I was just wondering how many you take, and if you notice a difference with the amount you take. Thank you, I love this entry!