DIY: Treat Yourself To Homemade Bubble Bath

Post image for DIY: Treat Yourself To Homemade Bubble Bath

Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, a day for showing the important people in your life how much you love them…and that includes yourself! Yesterday Brigette compiled a great list of ways to enjoy the day, and I’d like to add one more: take a bubble bath! It has been way too long since I’ve done just that, and I almost forgot how incredibly peaceful and relaxing it can be.  I love putting on some mellow tunes and relaxing in the tub with a good book and cup of tea.  I recently discovered that you can make your own bubble bath at home with just a few ingredients – get the recipe below!

diy bubble bath

What you need:

1 cup clear, unscented dish soap (try Seventh Generation or something similar)

2/3 cup liquid glycerin (you can find this at some drug stores or order it online)

1/4 cup water

2-3 drops essential oil (I used lavender)

* sprinkle of dried lavender (optional)

Alternative options: in the place of dish soap you could also use castile soap (which you can find at Trader Joe’s) or baby shampoo. I like the idea of using dish soap because you can buy a big jug of it, and a big bottle of vegetable glycerin, and you have the ingredients to make enough bubble bath to last for a very long time!

diy bubble bath

diy bubble bath

Add all ingredients into a container or mason jar and mix gently.

diy bubble bath

If you want, sprinkle a little bit of dried lavender in the bubble bath to add more fragrance and a decorative touch.

diy bubble bath

Bottle it up in a mason jar with a pretty painted lid, tie some baker’s twine around it, and you’ve got a great gift for your girlfriends. I want to make some more and use some homemade rosewater in it as well! Next time you take a bath simply add your desired amount of the homemade bubble bath to the water, relax and enjoy :).

More DIY projects from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Photos by Julia.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

Morgan Beltz -February 13, 2013, 9:36AM

I love bubblebaths! Thank you for the great post! peppermint oil is also a good essential oil to use cause it helps with soreness and relaxing muscles:)

Meghan -February 13, 2013, 10:16AM

I could use a nice relaxing bubble bath. Thanks for sharing!

Leisa -February 13, 2013, 10:35AM

Cute!

megan -February 13, 2013, 11:14AM

Love this!

Goran -February 14, 2013, 2:39AM

If you want to buy or sell anything just visit http://www.galoo.com Very simple, register and buy what you want for the price that you want. You can even haggle with buyers and sellers in negotiation room.

DIYEARTE - DIY -February 14, 2013, 5:30AM

can’t wait to try!!!

WE♥DIY:
DIYEARTE – DIY

Maryam Rafa -February 21, 2013, 12:45PM

Well, I learned something today! This is really cool. It’s a cost efficient way to indulge whenever you feel like! Very nice, thanks!

Calliope -February 23, 2013, 5:53PM

Perfect! I recently made some homemade body scrub using vegetable glycerin & lavender. Now I can make bubble bath with my leftover ingredients. Thank you!

Ellen G -February 25, 2013, 5:46PM

Thanks for keeping this healthy and eco :-)

Mercedes -March 13, 2013, 3:42PM

This is great! I always grab a ton of lavender from my mother’s garden and I’ll sprinkle some in the bath for fragrance, but having a bubble bath is way better! For bath products I prefer not to use the canning jars though because the water on metal tends to cause some issues. The glass Libbey jars are really useful.

Libbey 4-1/2-Ounce Spice Jar with Lid, Set of 12

Amanda -May 7, 2013, 3:58PM

I love this! I’ve included it in a Mother’s Day round up today on FamilyCorner.com. Thanks so much for sharing! http://www.familycorner.com/justforyou/timeforyou/12-diy-ideas-for-pampering-mom.html

Venna -May 8, 2013, 8:47PM

glycerin can irritate your body and are laxatives I was just wondering if this bubble bath has any uh, negative effects?

alera -July 19, 2013, 1:51PM

dish soap actuall really dries out your skin

Knitascarf -August 13, 2013, 12:16PM

This diy is cute and creative. http://www.learnhowtoknitascarf.com

Diana -September 17, 2013, 11:33PM

I’ve been studying bath products and I did have 2 main concerns about this. 1) your adding water (bacteria) and there’s no use of any preservatives to prevent them from breeding and taking over the jar. 2) Dish soap can be extremely drying unless you have extremely oily skin.

Lin -November 21, 2013, 2:58PM

Just made some. It will make a nice gift in a pretty bottle. Thnx. Now I must try it myself!

Elizabeth -December 15, 2013, 12:32PM

Does the dish soap have to be clear and unscented? If not than you could always use the hand moisturizing dish soap so it doesn’t dry out your skin. I don’t know, I’ll have to try it. Thanks for the idea!

Homemade Bubble Bath -February 18, 2014, 5:20PM

Hiya very cool blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your
site and take the feeds also? I’m glad to find a lot of helpful information here within the put up, we’d like
develop more strategies on this regard, thank you for sharing.
. . . . .

เสริมจมูก -March 9, 2014, 1:35PM

Hey there, You have done a great job. I will certainly digg it and personally
recommend to my friends. I am confident they will be benefited from this website.