When In Doubt, Drink Tea

Post image for When In Doubt, Drink Tea

I always find that tea calms me, there’s nothing nicer than sitting back and taking the time to enjoy a cup of tea and some biscuits. Maybe it’s because I’m from the UK, but one of my favorite time of day is teatime. I just sip slowly on a cup of Earl Grey and let time pause for a couple of minutes. It relaxes me and it makes my thoughts become clear.

Strange how a teapot can represent at the same time the comforts of solitude and the pleasures of company.

~Author Unknown

tea drinking

I like my tea served strong with a little bit of milk, never cream, and maybe 1-2 sugars depending on my mood and always a biscuit or jam and scones otherwise. It’s just not the same.

When I moved here to America I had a lot to learn about tea drinking in a different way. In the summer months ice tea is popular which was odd for me having always been used to hot tea. Some people would drink their tea black, hot, with lemon only. It was interesting for me to see the different ways, but I will always stand by my roots of good old English Breakfast Tea served hot with milk and sugar.

Do you have a favorite way of drinking tea, we’d love to know!

image source, image source

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

Taylor -February 3, 2013, 8:14AM

I agree, milk and sugar.
I’ve had so much tea the past couple of days because of my cold.
xx
~Taylor

Kayla -February 3, 2013, 10:31AM

I drink tea everyday, all day, any weather! All of my friends and family are coffee drinkers, and they don’t understand why my life depends on “slightly flavored hot water”. I don’t really have a favorite, but I always turn to chamomile or lemon with agave for comfort. Then a nice exciting chai for when I need to wake up and pay attention. Chai is the best with milk/cream and honey. YUMMMM

Aditi Pathak -February 3, 2013, 11:21AM

Even Indians drink a lot of tea. And yes, no day is complete without a hot cup of tea and something to go with it :D

Angela -February 3, 2013, 12:05PM

Blueberry Pomegranate Gojiberry green tea is really good! Also, Hot Cinnamon tea is great hot or iced! I buy loose tea from a local tea store and they also have a great selection of raw honey. :)

Lynn -February 3, 2013, 12:08PM

Irish breakfast tea with no auger or milk :))

Lucy Sinclaire -February 3, 2013, 12:48PM

Earl Grey all the way! It’s perfect for calming your mind

Lydia -February 3, 2013, 1:17PM

I love black tea with a little bit of milk, and drink it almost every day. I also really love chai lattes (however fattening and unhealthy) and I used to drink green tea every day.

Lizzy -February 3, 2013, 2:49PM

I love Earl Grey, and ironically while stumbling upon this post, I was sipping on some Earl Grey :) . Great post, I totally agree, tea is completely calming; so much so that drink 2-4 cups a day :)). (Lots of chai and green tea)

xoxo
erosenbloom16.blogspot.com

Georgie -February 3, 2013, 3:13PM

I have really found myself in need of a hot cup of tea at least once, twice, three times a day for the last couple of months. It’s become a complete comfort for me. I like green and chai the most. I’ll sometimes add milk and honey. And I do drink a lot of iced teas in the summer months… because humid, 90 degree days are typical here where I live.

bianca -February 3, 2013, 3:17PM

I love drinking tea just by itself. No sugar, no cream or milk. Just plain tea. I find it very great because I could really taste the tea. But this probably only works if you drink those high end teas like the ones from samovar tea lounge, harney and sons tea, etc.

betsy -February 3, 2013, 5:25PM

My dear friend Molly, herbalist/artist based in Philadelphia, makes terrific blends of teas. From calming and relaxing to stimulating and invigorating blends, she knows just how to warm your spirits! These teas can turn anyone into a tea lover. I’m currently obsessed with her newest blend of chai called “Sun Chai.” Check it out!

Maggie -February 3, 2013, 5:42PM

Green tea is my favorite, sometimes with a little bit of honey. I just bought 2 boxes of Lipton, which totals to 80 tea bags! It was on sale for 2 for $6! Can’t pass that up. I drink at least 3 cups a day!

Katie -February 3, 2013, 6:08PM

PG Tips…England’s #1 tea. It’s the best black tea I’ve had. Sold in ACME or Wegman’s or probably most places with an international section!

b -February 3, 2013, 10:36PM

i stumbled upon this as drinking a cups of PG tips.. lovely! a cup of tea seems to make every situation better :)

Jordan -February 3, 2013, 11:13PM

Earl grey with 1/2 tsp of truvia. It’s life changing…

olive -February 4, 2013, 12:52AM

Totally! My favorite relaxing tea is English Breakfast with a little spoon of milk!

Olive xox

Ruth -February 4, 2013, 10:32AM

I love English Breakfast but I recently discovered passion fruit black tea and I can’t stop drinking it!!

fp jemma -February 4, 2013, 11:34AM

Ruth that sounds lovely! I’m going to have to try some passion fruit black tea

Emma -February 6, 2013, 8:26AM

I love having chai tea with a drop of milk, but lately I have been enjoying chamomile with only a bit of sugar. I think simple is best. It is so soothing to just relax for a few minutes each day with a cup of tea and not have to worry for the short time.

Brian -March 1, 2013, 9:21AM

I drink puerh tea all day and all night; i always have a cup on a mug warmer nearby. (Actually, i have mug warmers throughout the house, at work, et al..)

Some days i drink > one gallon of tea, i imagine! ^_^

Jaclyn -May 2, 2013, 2:46PM

Chocolate chai all the way!