What Purple Says About You

Post image for What Purple Says About You

I find it mesmerizing that specific colors can be so strongly connected to certain emotions or ideas. This week’s trend on our site is called Purple Haze, and with Amethyst as February’s birthstone, it seems there would be no better a time for such a trend. Purple is the color of magic and mystery. It has the ability to lift your spirits while simultaneously calming your mind. Loving the color purple says a lot about you. If you feel a strong fondness toward the color purple, it’s probably also true that…

IMG_5923

You are a free spirit. You know that the world has so much to offer, and you feel the importance to get out there and experience it. You love to travel; to wander around and soak in whatever experience comes your way.

IMG_5922

You are a creative thinker. Your creativity is infectious, and it inspires those around you. You like to use creativity as a way to stand out from the crowd. You always think for yourself, and you expect the same from others.

IMG_5917

You seek spiritual fulfillment. You are driven by perfection in all aspects of your life, and spirituality is no exception to this. Violet is the color of the crown chakra, which connects you with the divine. When opened, this chakra can help to bring you a deep sense of spiritual understanding.

IMG_5906

You are a sensitive soul. You are filled with emotions and can easily sympathize with those around you. You feel a strong urge to help anyone and everyone in need.

If you ever find yourself in a creative rut, or maybe you’re just feeling slightly unbalanced, bring some purple into your life. Throw on a violet dress, paint a wall lavender, fill your home with lilacs, and adorn yourself with amethyst.

amethyst

Pictured above is the gorgeous Birthstone Necklace in purple amethyst.

Shop Purple Haze.

Photos by Julia and Brigette

More creative inspiration on BLDG 25!

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Vicky -February 26, 2013, 9:26AM

I love purple but alas, my osteopath told me the colour actually weakens me and that I should surround myself with greens! I like forest greens and mints but that’s kinda where it ends haha :(

lexi -February 26, 2013, 9:28AM

this post really lifted my spirits!

Karlena -February 26, 2013, 9:41AM

This article spoke volumes to me today ~ Describes me to a T. The universal linkages to the color purple make so much sense. It’s truly amazing to me that your favorite color can say so much about you & your spirit. Beautiful article, thanks for sharing! xo

Leisa -February 26, 2013, 10:39AM

I related to this post 100% and it’s no surprise that purple is the main color palette in my home. Thanks for the insight as to why:)

Charea -February 26, 2013, 2:48PM

As a lover of purple… Yes, I believe that describes me.

Michelle -February 26, 2013, 5:13PM

I do love the color purple and is also my birthstone..amethyst !! :)

Lydia -February 26, 2013, 6:30PM

You guys should do one of these for every color!
Esp. red!

Marie -February 26, 2013, 6:35PM

As far as I can remember, purple has always been my favorite color. So it’s not a surprise that this publication describes me at 100%. Really. However, I never thought there was a link between my personality and my favorite color. What a strange discovery! Thanks a lot for this captivating post!

sugar -February 26, 2013, 6:54PM

Bridget is so adorable for posting this!

Jenny Ekberg -February 26, 2013, 9:22PM

Mee too! I completely agree with Marie; I could have written the exact same comment…

Monique -February 26, 2013, 11:51PM

Love this post! A completely description of me. And I couldn’t have agreed more with Karlena and Marie.

Lula -February 27, 2013, 4:46AM

I´ve always loved purple!

Jenn -February 28, 2013, 9:09AM

thank you so much for the purple haze posts, they really mean a lot to me and have inspired many things for my life right now.

Lynnette -March 1, 2013, 8:31PM

Awesome! Purple has always been my favorite color, but it’s so interesting to learn more about it and how it really does relate to me…thanks for sharing!

Tiffany -March 3, 2013, 5:53PM

This post really inspired me! Ive have been in the need of excitement and have just felt that things were a little dull lately . As I was reading this in school The purple hair inspired me! Im fond of the color purple and was going to get my hair trimmed later that day anyways. I talked to my hair stylis and since i dont want to dye a small portion of my hair purple she said she could pick me up some clip in purple hair extenions that you could curl and straiten. I just got them yesterday and I already feel like they have given not only my hair but my spirits some “Umph” too(: So thanks FP This definetly gave me some “excitement/self defying dust”(:

Milka -January 22, 2014, 4:10PM

I know this post is almost a year old, but I was reading the most recent one on the color Red and came looking for my fav. color: purple. This description is spot on, it couldn’t have been more perfect!