What To Pack For SXSW 2013

Post image for What To Pack For SXSW 2013

It’s finally here! Festival season officially kicks off this week in Austin, Texas with SXSW!  I am heading down on Thursday and couldn’t be more excited to check out all the music and fashion Austin has to offer.  As of now it’s looking like a sunny, warm weekend that will be quite the welcome change from Philly’s current snowy conditions.  I always like to plan my festival outfits in advance so that I know I’ll have looks that are comfortable, functional, and cute. Here’s what I’m packing for SXSW 2013!

The look above is my favorite and probably what I will wear for the flight and my first day there.  The pants are incredibly comfortable and I love how they look paired with an easy tee and ankle boots. I usually always have a backpack at festivals so that I can carry all my belongings (camera, journal, etc.) on my back and keep my hands free, and I’ll also be bringing the tiny little Convertible Leather Wallet - I love this wallet because you can wear it like a cross-body and have your essentials right there at your side for easy access.

Items pictured: White Cloud Pant, Round The World Tee, Washed Backpack, Distressed Collins Boot, Convertible Leather Wallet, Sight of Day Necklace, Colonial X Pendant, Petrol Stone Ring, 6 Petal Flower Ring, Goodnight Moon Sunglasses.

what to pack for sxsw

If I go out Thursday night, I can just switch out the pants with the Jersey Asymmetrical Drape Skirt! I would add some colorful accessories to brighten up the look, like the Khyber Obi Belt and Hard Bangle Set.

what to pack for sxsw

I’m not much of a girly girl but I do like cute printed dresses for festival season, especially shapeless ones like this! Paired with ankle boots and sunnies its a perfect festival look.

Items pictured: Penny Lane Chiffon Dress, Distressed Collins Boot, Convertible Leather Wallet, Sight of Day Necklace, Colonial X Pendant, Filagree Stone Ring, Shell Bracelet, Goodnight Moon Sunglasses.

what to pack for sxsw

what to pack for sxsw

This last look is simple, easy and perfect for some daytime vintage shopping in Austin! I love the fold-over waist and braided waistband of these shorts, it makes the different and interesting. And the crochet detail on this shirt is perfect! Add the perfect pair of summer sandals and you’re set.

Items pictured: Twill Slouch Short, Eye For Detail Top, Convertible Leather Wallet, Shell Bracelet, Goodnight Moon Sunglasses, Seasonal Moon Necklace, Chelsea Large Stone Ring, Sabkha Fan Ring.

what to pack for sxsw

Who’s going to SXSW?!

More festival fashion from the BLDG 25 Blog!

Photos by Julia.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

Eva -March 11, 2013, 8:28AM

Every single piece is amazing…love how you styled them all! Have a great time! Bring back many, many pictures and some of that warm weather:)

Pia -March 11, 2013, 10:34AM

I’m in love with that dress! Gosh, I’d love a closet full of free people clothing.

obat darah tinggi alami -March 11, 2013, 10:42AM

very beautiful and amazing

Catherine Peshek -March 11, 2013, 10:43AM

Where can I find pants like those in the first picture? I absolutely love them!

fp julia -March 11, 2013, 11:29AM

Catherine, they’re free people! You can find them here :)

Christin -March 11, 2013, 12:02PM

I am going to be there, I live in Dallas(: my best friend is performing, her name is Alyx Williams! She’s truly an amazing singer, you should defiantly check her out. We’ll be leaving on Thursday as well and staying the 3 days! We’re picking out our outfits today! Hopefully I bump into you there at some point. (: btw, love the outfits! So adorable!

Claudia -March 11, 2013, 12:06PM

where can i find the cute shorts in the above picture?

Michelle -March 11, 2013, 12:50PM

Where did you get the sandals? I didn’t see them on the FP website. Maybe I missed them. Love all your outfits!

Delaney -March 11, 2013, 1:06PM

Thanks for posting this! I’ve been searching the BLDG for pointers on packing for SXSW, and this one came in perfect time. I’ll be heading out tomorrow, and staying through Thursday. Can’t wait!

fp julia -March 11, 2013, 1:40PM

Hi Claudia, the shorts are Free People! Find them here.

fp julia -March 11, 2013, 1:41PM

Hi Michelle! They’re right here :)

asa -March 11, 2013, 2:15PM

its raining in austin these outfits wont work

Katrine -March 11, 2013, 2:40PM

Too bad it just snowed again in Nebraska… That top outfit is perfect!

Justine -March 11, 2013, 3:29PM

I’m in love with, um, basically every outfit. They make me want to explore and jump around and write beautiful things!

p.s. I’m a singer/songwriter and I’m playing at The Handlebar in Austin on Fri @ noon and Sat @ 4! If you’re in between shows, come down and say hi!

Michelle -March 11, 2013, 4:38PM

The sandals and little flower shirt in the last picture are making me upset they are so cute.

Eva -March 11, 2013, 10:32PM

AHHH this just made me even more excited for SXSW! love the outfits! and great inspiration for planning my own SXSW attire ;) hope to see you there and that you have a warm, sunny Austin Texas welcome!! :)

Nicole -March 12, 2013, 12:06AM

One of FP Dallas’ stylists, Macy Maloy, will be singing at the AM Stereophonic SXSW Day Show this Friday afternoon. Seriously, can’t miss her – look her up and come check her out!

Myee -March 12, 2013, 2:57AM

Definitely a Festival I would Love to go to one day.. We have Byron Bay Blues fest coming up, great inspiration..Love this style ..x

Jess -March 12, 2013, 6:33PM

I love these outfit choices! SXSW + Free People = match made in heaven!
I might try adding some more sandals to the mix though. Like maybe these cute wedge sandals.

Anastasia -March 13, 2013, 2:18PM

I love these looks. However, ATX is still chilly in the day and quite cold at night. I would have expected the bloggers for this site to have done some homework.

fp julia -March 13, 2013, 3:28PM

Hi Anastasia! I checked the weather forecast and went off of what my friends who live there are telling me (and my experience last year)! I think it just feels really warm to us since it’s so cold in Philly :)

Jenny Ekberg -March 19, 2013, 6:01PM

Regarding the weather.. I moved to Australia from Sweden 12 years ago, I was 23, by myself. I left in February, sooo much snow, and came here to extreme heat! When “winter” came, I shook my head at the crazy Aussies who put on ugg boots and beanies while I kept wearing denim cutoffs. Now, however, as soon as the temperature goes under24 C, I excitedly don Jeffery Campbell tall boots, FP maxi cardigans and jackets.

didmenine prekyba drabuziais -April 2, 2013, 4:52AM

Maybe I would’nt choose this kind of bag ( at the top photo), bus other clothes and accessores are stylish and fashionable :)