Creating A Relaxation Space In Your Home

Post image for Creating A Relaxation Space In Your Home

I’ve always dreamed of having a room in my home where the floor is covered in a sea of pillows and blankets, and nothing else. While a room like that is out of the question in my current one-room apartment, I still think it’s important to create a space that’s dedicated to relaxation. This kind of environment is calming for the soul, and it also promotes creativity. You don’t need much – just some pillows, blankets, and a couple other decorations that make you feel at ease. Clear out a small corner in your home – preferably by a window – and set up camp.

First, lay a colorful blanket on the floor and top with some pretty pillows. The blanket I used is actually our Tie Dye Raw Silk Poncho – and the pillows are actually cat beds, which will be available on our site sometime this week!

Bohemian prints

Hang a printed sheet or tapestry from the wall. Shown here is the Tie Dye FP Blanket.

Bohemian decor

Add some delicate touches that you love. I used our lavender and gold feather wishing bottles, as well as a jar filled with twigs. I had to add the little bottle cap birdcage that I made a while back. I love this thing!

Wishing bottles

Tiny bottle cap birdcage

Since I wanted this to be a creative space, I also incorporated some acrylic paint and a paintbrush. I’d love to hang out in this space and just let my imagination guide the paintbrush.

Creative space

As a finishing touch, I hung one of our giant handmade dreamcatchers because I am absolutely in love with it. I love the beautiful fabric strips that hang down.

Bohemian relaxation corner

Colorful fabric strips

Do you have a relaxation space in your home? Describe it for us!

Bohemian creative space

Photos by Brigette

More home decor ideas from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Eva -April 24, 2013, 9:44AM

love the space you created…in the summer I do a similar cozy nook on my back porch. lots of candles, chimes, pillows, plants, hanging chandelier and my hammock. That dream catcher is a MUST – love it!

Meg -April 24, 2013, 11:34AM

What a cute little birdcage.
Such a nice addition to the space.

Megan -April 24, 2013, 11:43AM

I have always wanted to create a space like this in my house, as well….But I live in a one bedroom house and I’m not sure if i’d have the room either. I know my cats would love it!!

jenny -April 24, 2013, 12:11PM

i really need such an relaxation place. you created a beautiful space!!!
i think a relaxation place on the balcony is amazing for spring and summer nights!

wanderingsofalittlesoul.blogspot.de

Rosy -April 24, 2013, 5:51PM

I love it!! Makes me happy = )

Jenny Ekberg -April 24, 2013, 7:18PM

I have a big, messy house with lots of people in it, but my bedroom is a haven of relaxation. Lots of books, fairy lights, rugs, cushions, bohemian prints, Indian blankets, dream catchers, incense….love it.

Jessica M -April 24, 2013, 8:57PM

I love this post and how you are able to put such abstract and intangible thoughts into words and images. I work from home and used to have my desk in my bedroom. My subconscious must have known I needed the kind of space you’re describing, because suddenly I just decided to move the desk out into the kitchen — which is a awkward, but now there’s nothing physically or emotionally blocking me from having a sanctuary to fill with pretty things. In place of my desk I moved in a vintage armchair with a side-table to keep books close at hand on. I love all the crafts you’ve documented here, and am absolutely inspired to make a dreamcatcher for my space.
xo
-jm http://www.threadandbones.com

Shelley -April 25, 2013, 12:31AM

This is a beautiful little space. Perfect for dreaming, reading, creating.

Zinnia -May 20, 2013, 10:02PM

In the corner of my bedroom I hung up thin white sheets to create a space and I hang up thing that inspire me on the walls. I also put a bunch of pillows and a red blanket so I can sit there and read or just think.

Adora Smith -May 21, 2013, 7:37AM

Your creation is very good. I really love a messy relaxing corner place in my home. A lovely cute adorable rug also make the interior messy but relaxing and very comfortable.

Harry -May 22, 2013, 7:04AM

tajmahalproduct -May 27, 2013, 4:21AM

Wow, it’s really nice to see our carpet post is on the top list! Thank you so much for creating this & for having our blog there.thanx all

pittsburg apartmentsc -May 29, 2013, 10:46AM

This is just amazing. Thank you for the tips!

John Winston -May 30, 2013, 1:53AM

Really amazing! Beautiful idea for using space.

Thanks for sharing!

M Schwart -May 31, 2013, 3:05AM

Your relaxation space looks great! I just love the color palette used! Feeling inspired here!

murtle -June 14, 2013, 2:47AM

WoW! That was really wonderful.=D

Julia -July 24, 2013, 2:44AM

I use to have a space with pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals on the floor. I loved to read there. However, I found out soon after that this attracts spiders lie crazy, so needless to say I don’t have that space anymore.