What’s Your Perfume Scent?

Post image for What’s Your Perfume Scent?

Everyone has their own scent, a scent that goes well with their personality and spirit and makes them a little more magical than what they are already. It’s the scent that catches people’s breath when you walk by, a scent that’s reminiscent of who you are. When I find a perfume I love it becomes my one and only for a couple of years. I find it hard to find a scent that suits me, so I hang on to a good one for a while. I’ve often worn perfume that’s made me feel a little puzzled and uncomfortable because it didn’t quite suit who I was.

When you find that perfect perfume, everything is so much better and this one I found a couple of years ago… I bought Donson by Diptyque in Liberty London because I have always loved their candles. When I sprayed it on my skin, it worked so well with me that I had to buy it. Donson is a floral perfume but has a little curiosity about it. “You smell like summer,” someone once told me and that was enough for me.

Have you found your perfume scent yet? We’d love to know what it is!

More beauty inspiration on the BLDG 25 Blog.

Tags: , ,

Comments

Lynn -April 25, 2013, 8:59AM

I don’t like floral or fruity scents, so I guess that leaves me with sweet candy/ bakery scents! :)

Kirsten -April 25, 2013, 9:20AM

I’ve tried so many perfumes and finally decided mine is Jo Malone Vanilla & Anise, I only use it for special occasions because it is so expensive but it’s just so me. :)

Jessie -April 25, 2013, 9:23AM

I tend to gravitate toward muskier scents as florals give me a horrible headache. But a couple years back, I ordered a perfume oil from Sweet Anthem on etsy, only because it was called “Jessie” and it was made with apricot, hazlenut, rosewood, and tobacco. It is by far my favorite perfume ever, however the person who makes it retired that scent so I can’t get it anymore. :(

jenny -April 25, 2013, 9:29AM

my scent is flowerbomb by viktor and rolf.
i never found the perfect scent and when i smelled flowerbomb it felt like heaven.
love it sooo much!

wanderingsofalittlesoul.blogspot.de

Alex -April 25, 2013, 9:40AM

I have worn flower bomb for years and it never gets old! It’s the most wonderful scent! Agreed Jenny!

Sweet Pea -April 25, 2013, 9:42AM

I love all perfume, but my favorite to wear is Black Irchid by Tom Ford. I love smelling it throughout the day and people always stop and ask what it is!

Sweet Pea -April 25, 2013, 9:43AM

*orchard

Katherine -April 25, 2013, 9:43AM

Balenciaga Paris is the best! Very romantic and pretty

Vicky -April 25, 2013, 9:51AM

My favourites are Scarlett by Cacharel, Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel and Pleats Please by Issey Miyake. They’re all romantic yet playful and have a quirky, young vibe to them, which I love! They make me feel all cute and happy haha.

Britt Nic -April 25, 2013, 10:00AM

Fresh’s Sugar Lychee. I gravitate towards beachy, fruity scents that remind me of the islands I grew up on. I recently discovered Sugar Lychee & I wasn’t impressed by smelling it through the bottle, but I put it on & it hit me. It works so well with my chemistry that I bought a bottle for home & a roll-on for my handbag. My other perfumes are neglected now, lol.

lexi -April 25, 2013, 10:04AM

I’ve gone through a few over the years but lately I’ve just been giving myself a little spritz of rose water before I walk out the door. I love the smell of roses and since it’s not actually perfume it’s nice and subtle.

Lexie -April 25, 2013, 10:35AM

Lola by Marc Jacobs, Relax by Lollia, and Lust by LUSH

Lo -April 25, 2013, 10:47AM

Definitely Mr. Hulot’s Holiday by CB I Hate Perfume. This is the description the website has – “The salty breath of the breeze off the Mediterranean, driftwood, rocks covered with seaweed and the smell of old leather suitcases” – haha sounds a little weird for a perfume but it is actually spectacular! All of his perfumes come with stories as well.

meg -April 25, 2013, 11:04AM

YSL -Elle
I’ve gone through 4 bottles of it, and have never found anything that lives up to it!

Lia -April 25, 2013, 11:16AM

I like to mix Marc Jacobs “Daisy” with a little cheapie find called “Dirt” by Demeter. I saw the name when I was out and about one day and I knew I had to have it. It smells like fresh soil and cut grass! I love how it smells and especially how I get to respond when people ask: “What is it you’re wearing?? It smells so good!” “I’m wearing Dirt.”

Carrissa -April 25, 2013, 11:25AM

I’m torn between 2 scents that I’ve fallen in love with! I love Michael Kors…I always gets asked what I’m wearing, every single time! I wore that on my wedding day, which was on a late summer afternoon/evening and it smelled lovely! But, I also am obsessed with Kai…I love the beach and this scent captures all of it in a bottle!

Eva -April 25, 2013, 11:28AM

Normally day to day I wear Musk oil…but every now and then I gravitate towards anything by Burberry. I try not to wear purfumes that often since they give me such bad allergies…

hilary -April 25, 2013, 12:26PM

perfume collector but i tend to stick to one at a time. Jo Malone just came out with a new scent. Elderflower and gooseberry. its so yummy! and fresh’s discontinued scent -Violet moss-

Georgia -April 25, 2013, 4:51PM

Jardin Sur Le Toit by Hermes.

Bethie -April 25, 2013, 5:56PM

I have extreme fragrance allergies so I can’t wear perfume or even be near someone who is wearing a lot or my throat closes up and I break out in hives and sometimes swell up (sigh) but I do enjoy essential oils. I love rose, lavender, and sometimes patchouli.

Diana -April 25, 2013, 6:00PM

was never really into perfume til i found Chloe’s SeeByChloe and Versace’s Bright Crystal….

cruella -April 25, 2013, 7:20PM

i have tons, but britney spears ‘believe’ is one of my faves

Jess -April 25, 2013, 7:24PM

I have always had a bit of a perfume addiction :P I love a variety of scents such as Womanity by Thierry Mugler, Lola by Marc Jacobs, Pink Sugar by Aquolina and probably my all time favorite is Versace Bright Crystal. :) I normally wear a different one depending on what mood I am in that day or how I want to feel. I love your guys’ blog! Please keep it up!!!

Alex Salvesen -April 25, 2013, 8:05PM

I use Lola by Marc Jacobs everyday! It’s kind of a berry-like scent with a little bit of spice. I love it!

Emily -April 25, 2013, 8:08PM

I’ve been wearing Burberry Brit for about four years now! But when I can’t get that Lucky You by lucky brand is my second choice.

briss -April 25, 2013, 8:09PM

I love Black Poppy by pacific sun I got it in the summertime but its perfect for winter too

Magnolia -April 25, 2013, 8:46PM

classic Burburry for me! its so soft, I tend to mix it up a bit more in the summer.

Arnindhita -April 25, 2013, 8:54PM

I like it sweet, fruity but not too strong and a little hint if floral. I love Nina Ricci’s Le Paradise de Nina, but it’s very difficult to find it in Indonesia :(

Marissa -April 25, 2013, 9:34PM

Kumba made roll on fragrance oils smell wonderful and affordable too!

Caylin -April 25, 2013, 10:46PM

I like to wear Dyptique L’Eau Neroli! It’s woody and sultry and mysterious. I get compliments all the time! Best part is that it’s unique. No one recognizes! It’s my own personal stamp of smell.

Bonnie -April 26, 2013, 10:39AM

Houbigant’s Quelques Fleurs. Love it….Houbigant was the first perfume house to use a multi-flower perfume instead of a single flower for their Quelques Fleurs…they also have an interesting history….the House of Houbigant was the purfumery to the royal courts of Europe, and the favorite of Oscar Wilde, rumor has it..Marie Antoinette when she was escaping France during the French revolution, she was caught because of her signature Houbigant perfume! :-)

Mina -April 26, 2013, 2:26PM

Lacoste – Pour Femme at any occasion,day or night. Dior – Pure Poison winter days and nights. Armani – Code for summer nights. Still looking my scent for summer days. :)

Wilma -April 26, 2013, 8:12PM

My signature scent is Sun’s Eye Patchouli Oil. I mix it with a tiny dab of their Peach Oil. I get so many compliments. Everyone wants to know what it is.

Freya -April 26, 2013, 11:43PM

My fiancé recently gave me a new perfume.
After giving up on synthetic brands I hadn’t found
any natural ones I liked. He did though! It’s called
Love Potion by Silky Bird. Hand made in upstate
NY & in a gorgeous little green glass bottle.
It’s like something out of a Goddesses dressing room.
It’s a natural aphrodisiac so it lifts people’s mood
around me. I love it! It’s exotic & woodsy with some spice & jasmine.

B -April 27, 2013, 11:29AM

I’ve been wearing “Body” from Victoria Secret as a makeshift perfume~ it’s really lovely! Does anyone have recommendations for a new scent, something with patchouli in it?

J -April 27, 2013, 2:40PM

I wear “Crushed” as a daytime scent, and “Tainted Love” as a nighttime scent-both part of Tokyomilk’s Dark line.

girl -April 27, 2013, 8:44PM

water goddess by kuumba made. alcohol based perfumes are gross! essential oils smells so much more natural

Sophie -April 28, 2013, 8:08AM

I love flowery scents like Flora by Gucci which is really sweet and works well on me, but I just got Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs and I’m in love! It’s so fresh, flowery but without the heaviness of floral fragrances

Maggie -April 29, 2013, 12:34AM

I’ve been wearing Love Spell from Victoria’s Secret since I was about 13 and I’m turning 24 this Friday and I still wear it!

LaurenS -May 1, 2013, 9:56AM

Right now, I’m wearing Spicebomb by Viktor & Rolf. It’s really for men, but who cares? I love the way it smells on me!

Ellie -May 5, 2013, 7:00AM

As a night perfume I love Ultraviolet by Paco Rabbane! It’s a bit mysterious and intuitive which I love! And I think it is ultra-feminine and ultra-sensual! It contains the note of violet, amber, vanilla, rose and jasmine. I haven’t found my day-time scent yet but I hope I will! I think my inclination lies on rosy scents!

Kayla -May 6, 2013, 2:44AM

I used to be somewhat of a perfume hoarder. With so many lovely scents out there to choose from, how could I pick just one?? But my favorite for the past few years is TOCCA’s Stella. It’s light but complex with citrusy & musky notes which I think makes it perfect for both day & night.

Madeline -June 13, 2013, 1:18PM

I love givenchy’s haute couture perfume! It’s perfectly musky.

Alex -June 13, 2013, 7:21PM

It really depends on what im doing, where im going and what my mood is but generally for day time I prefer Jo Malone’s ‘Wild Bluebell’ its super light and fresh and if im going out or doing something that requires something stronger I go for ‘Flora Botanica’ from Balenciaga, it smells incredible.
The only thing I dont like is Kristen Stewart who’s the face of the campaign, other than that, love it, im on my second bottle.

Cathy -July 9, 2013, 9:50AM

Ambre Blends. Natural oils. You will love it!

Tiffany -July 9, 2013, 9:57AM

I love going to indiescents or lucky scent and ordering sample sizes of different fragrances. I currently am looking for my perfect “summer scent”. My signatures are Byredo’s “Chembur” and Narcisco R. For Her Musc and the one in the pink bottle if I want to wear it during a winter/fall day. Sexy, oriental, musky, woodsy fragrances are my favorite.

Sanj -July 9, 2013, 10:20AM

Dot by Marc Jacobs, for SURE.

It’s fresh, a little fruity, light, playful. I can’t handle heavy musky scents on me, though I love it on other people (it just gives me a headache after a while). I used to LOVE Burberry Brit, but even that is a little bit too heavy for me.

Melanie -July 9, 2013, 10:23AM

My must haves in no particular order:
DKNY – Pure
Paco Rabanne – Lady Millionaire
Dior – Miss Dior
Chanel – Mademoiselle
Cacharel – Scarlett
Balenciaga – Florobotanica

Colleen -July 9, 2013, 11:03AM

I’ve been wearing Daisy by Marc Jacobs for a couple of years now and love it! Whenever I’m in the mood for something else I slip on Skin Trip coconut lotion. So fresh!

Caroly -July 9, 2013, 12:36PM

For years I’ve used Poeme by Lancome for special occasions (“a scent of contrasts: the icy transparent notes of Blue Himalayan Poppy embrace the intoxicating Desert Datura Flower and warm Vanilla—creating something vibrant and sensual), I wear plain vetiver or sandalwood oil for daily use.

Lena -July 11, 2013, 12:59AM

Prada infusion d’iris is the only perfume I’ve ever bought more than once. It’s classy and dreamy all at once.

Christine -July 11, 2013, 7:17AM

Without a doubt, Christian Dior- Pure poison!

Rema -July 16, 2013, 2:06PM

I have always been a fan of fresh, floral scents. I have never really liked citrus or heavy scents. There are two perfumes I LOVE. Whenever I wear Chloé Eau de Toilette, I always receive compliments. It is my go-to, day or night perfume and it reminds me of roses and peonies. I love the way Jasmin & Bergamot Eau de Toilette, part of the Grasse Collection at L’Occitane, smells; it is so fresh and light. The scent is very strong, so a little goes a long way.

Caitlin -July 18, 2013, 9:39AM

Philosophy’s Amazing Grace! It’s light and fresh and I haven’t switched up in years. People tell me that it smells like me, vs. the other way around, so I’d consider that a win in the signature scent department.

Suzen -July 18, 2013, 3:41PM

I fell for Chant de Bois, made by collaboration with Anthropologie and Le Labo. It’s called a woodsy scent, which I normally wouldn’t like. The fragrance is entirely complex and is mysterious, light and the dry-down is really delightful. It has a sort of antique feel to it. I get compliments everywhere with this one! I live in fear they will discontinue it and then I’ll be stuck trying to find something I love as much.

alera -July 19, 2013, 2:17PM

I love the taylor swift wonderstruck

Sara -August 6, 2013, 3:55AM

I love the Boyfriend oil by Kate Walsh.
“An alluring balance of vanilla, jasmine blossoms, and an accord of amber is set against the sensual scents of a man, including a light musk and a shimmer of fresh woods.”

Sarah -August 7, 2013, 10:33PM

My favorite Perfume is Womanity by Thierry Mugler. Sadly, it no longer is sold in America. I was lucky enough to find it in an adorable perfume shop in Vienna last year. Alas, I’m almost out with no plans to return to Europe anytime soon.

Heidi S -August 14, 2013, 2:18PM

My everyday perfume is Song in D MInor by Tokyo Milk
Special occasions: Chanel No. 5

cheyenne -December 18, 2013, 10:28PM

They discontinued it and I bought up 4 bottles right away, but it is bath and body works Secret Wonderland. it’s cheap, but I love it.

Gabby -April 23, 2014, 10:45PM

I have two signature scents– Iris 39 by Le Labo (for winter) and No. 16 by Cognoscent