Summer Bucket List: Get An Instant Camera

Post image for Summer Bucket List: Get An Instant Camera

It’s time to start preparing a summer bucket list, and this year an instant camera is at the top of that list for me.  Instant cameras are the best of both worlds. You get the satisfaction of viewing a photo shortly after you take it, but you still need to put thought into each and every shot. There’s something about turning a moment of time into a tangible memory you can hold in your hand that feels so fresh and good. And because you can’t just hit “delete” to make a printed photo disappear from the universe, you’re bound to end up with some less-than-perfect pictures – and that’s what makes these captured moments so real.

This summer, buy an instant camera and carry it with you often. Take it on adventures with you – to the beach, through the woods, on a road trip – but also use it on those lazy days when nothing’s really going on.  Snap a picture of your backyard as you lay in the grass under the afternoon sun. Take a shot of your messy bedroom after a long week of having guests over. Capture the moments that may not otherwise stand at the forefront of your mind in the future – these are often the little snippets of time that hold the most intense feelings; the moments that will one day mean the most.

Summer essentials

Little pictures in the grass

Poolside Polaroid

Fujifilm Instax 210

Little instant photo

More inspiration from BLDG 25!

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Anjli -April 18, 2013, 8:43AM

Can FB Brigette puh-lease do a hair tutorial?! Everyone in my office (me included) is seriously obsessed with her wavy volume! Her hair is like “defies physics” amazing.

fp brigette -April 18, 2013, 9:28AM

Hahaha, thanks Anjili! My hair is naturally textured and huge so for me it’s more about toning the volume down, but I’ll see what I can do :)

Lola -April 18, 2013, 9:43AM

Where can you buy an instant camera?!

IK -April 18, 2013, 10:14AM

I really enjoy your site but please, when you have a post that is clearly an advert could you tag it as a sponsored post or something. This just feels a little shady.
Cheers

fp brigette -April 18, 2013, 10:27AM

Hi IK! This post is not an advertisement by any means — we are a clothing brand. I just really love instant cameras :)

fp brigette -April 18, 2013, 10:30AM

Lola — You can find lots online.. try Amazon! :)

Jessie -April 18, 2013, 10:34AM

I disagree with IK. There’s nothing shady about this post. It would be one thing if a specific brand name and model number were plastered over every photo and mentioned 100 times, but there is no brand mentioned at all and you can barely see it on the camera in the photos.

That being said, I love this post! I’ve been looking into newer instant cameras for a while since film for my Polaroid is very hard to come by. I actually would have appreciated a brand/model recommendation! :)

Charlotte -April 18, 2013, 10:35AM

I love my polaroid camera – the photos always feel more special! :)

Sarah -April 18, 2013, 12:50PM

WHERE is that suit from, please tell FP Bridget!

Samantha -April 18, 2013, 1:48PM

What is the name, and model of the camera? I would really love some recommendations!

fp brigette -April 18, 2013, 2:39PM

Sarah – We have it on our site! Here: Sunflowers Crop Bikini :)

Beth -April 18, 2013, 2:41PM

I try to carry an instant camera everywhere with me (not including my Polaroid tattoo!)! Wonderful post… Inspired! (Etsy also has a lot of older and working instant cameras)

fp brigette -April 18, 2013, 2:44PM

Samantha – the camera pictured is a Fujifilm Instax 210 :)

kate -April 18, 2013, 2:58PM

I second Anjli. I would love to see how Brigitte does her hair like it is in her mixed prints post.

Meg -April 18, 2013, 3:12PM

I love that polaroids are coming back!
I can’t tell you the last time I actually had pics printed. This would help me get back into it since it is instant!

ophelia moon -April 18, 2013, 4:56PM

if you want vintage polaroids that still work that you can still but film for- shop this great etsy store AWESOME CAMERAS https://www.etsy.com/shop/AwesomeCameras?ref=ss_profile

Marie -April 18, 2013, 8:30PM

This is such a great idea! Thank you for sharing!

Tiffany -April 18, 2013, 11:08PM

omg instant film! i love instant photos. i have an old polaroid camera, but no film, which makes me sad. and i refuse to pay almost $25+ on 8 polaroid film from the Impossible Project all the time. it’s just ridiculous. i was actually looking into getting a Fujifilm Instax, since the film is a bit cheaper in price and i can find them from various sellers. they have them in mini as well, just need to do a bit more comparing/research and such so see which is the best purchase. but your photos looks absolutely gorgeous! and i’ve read a lot of reviews for the Fujifilm Instax already and everyone seems to love it.

rie -April 19, 2013, 4:12AM

in this time of instagram, this post is nostalgia.

hannah -April 25, 2013, 11:00PM

I actually have a Polaroid and it is lots of fun! I’m looking to fill up a wall in my room with my Polaroid photos but you know how expensive film is:/ it’s definitely worth it though! thanks for the post very cool!