Stay inspired and dont miss a thing. Weekly updates from BLDG 25

Wanderlust: Travel Essentials

Post image for Wanderlust: Travel Essentials

It has become that time of year when people are jet-setting around the world for a vacation, and for me preparing for the on-flight experience is just as important as packing for your vacation. I have always had travel fever. I feel like my mind expands whenever I go to a foreign country and it enriches my outlook on life. I like to think I have a gypsy soul, always wanting to explore new places and cultures.

Whenever I fly, I always like to prepare what I will need: outfit, carry-on essentials, book, music and other things that will keep me zen whilst up in the air. When I fly I always choose the comfiest of outfits like some baggy harem pants, a loose tee, a sweater just in case it gets chilly and of course some comfy shoes, although I always tend to take them off mid-flight. In my carry-on bag I always need some kind of essential oil to calm my mind and these Hollow & Ridge ones are my new favorite thing. Whenever I’m on a flight I find the best ideas come to mind, so I always like to carry a moleskin and pen, just to make sure no ideas slip away. A good book is always a must. Sometimes I get anxious thinking about the time spent in the air and this helps to keep my mind off it. And lastly, I always like to feel well before I fly, never sluggish or groggy, and this new supplement from GLOW, an inner beauty powder helps to nourish and enhance from the inside out.

That’s everything I need whilst I’m flying — my essential carry-ons!

vacation outift

Paisley Mixed Pant, Lace Insert Swing Cami , Vintage Open Knit Sweater , Mesh Hipster Pantie, Vintage Minnetonka Moccasin Boots

Tags: , , , ,

Katie Kurlyandchik -April 9, 2013, 9:26AM

Planes are my least favorite form of travel, but are, of course, the most convenient. I always bring at least two books with me, just in case I can’t get lost in one of them. The essential oils is a really good tip, though. I’m sure that would calm my up-in-the-air anxiety.

Meghan -April 9, 2013, 10:23AM

I wish I had some travel plans in the near future. :(
Thanks for this list, though. Will keep these handy when I do travel.

Shelley -April 9, 2013, 10:48AM

Those are some great suggestions! I always love the plane ride. I feel like when I’m up in the air, there are no demands on my time. Nothing to do but relax.

Megan -April 9, 2013, 11:41AM

In June my sister and I are taking a road trip to Florida to see our brother and his wife! These tips will be helpful :) I love traveling, but don’t get to do it very often..I have only traveled by plane one time and I actually enjoyed it!

Jenny Ekberg -April 9, 2013, 6:57PM

I have a gypsy soul too. I am so happy I have travelled as much as I have. I ended up finally settling down on the opposite side of the planet to which I was born. I still travel but I finally found a home!
I love how FP clothes are the BEST to take when travelling because they are perfect for layering! Layering really is the key to the best travel wardrobe…

Adam Park -June 1, 2013, 7:25AM

great suggestions! what I hate is to pay the overload when checking at the airport

issa -May 15, 2014, 2:13PM

I won’t fly without my calm or balance. Helps me chill and feel grounded. Plus the bonus of keeping those close quarters smelling good ; ) I definitely had air travel in mind when I was experimenting with the CALM recipe . xo

Nancy -August 26, 2015, 2:49PM

As a women we usually try to keep everything to the minimal during travelling. But there are a few things that you cannot miss out on. A neck pillow is one travel essential to help you stay comfortable throughout. Keep away all your beauty essentials in a makeup case.