Destination Spotlight: Napa Valley, CA

Post image for Destination Spotlight: Napa Valley, CA

When I found out we were heading to Napa Valley for BottleRock festival my heart started racing a little. I had always wanted to go to Napa Valley. The picture perfect scenery always made me question how this place can actually exist. Acres and acres of vineyards, beautiful countryside and winding roads… it just seemed too perfect – it doesn’t help that I’m also a lover of wine.

When we arrived in Napa you could instantly smell the fresh air. Fields and fields surround you and you get the urge to go off the beaten track to explore more. If you did you know you would come across something extraordinary. We stayed at a guest house owned by Barbara Colvin Hoopes; a white wood house situated right on a vineyard. The backyard was covered with rose bushes. The sweet smell woke us up every morning along with the sunrise.

Napa Valley is what I thought it was: picture perfect; the type of place you could go to write a book, recharge your batteries, clear your mind and just revitalize. It’s truly beautiful and I’m itching to go back!

napa valley

napa valley

napa valley

napa valley

napa valley

napa valley

napa valley

napa valley

napa valley

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Bonnie -May 18, 2013, 1:06PM

Yes Napa’s a great place! I was born and raised in the Bay Area, so Napa was in my backyard. They have all kinds of things to do there (besides drinking great California wine) Hot air balloon rides that include a champagne brunch, and one of THE best restaurants in the world “The French Laundry” (actually in Yauntville, but very close!)…the Napa river, great place to find a hidden swimming hole and to fish. If you ever need a guide to the Bay Area, wineries, cool places to go…shoot me an email!!!!

Lexie -May 18, 2013, 5:40PM

I live here (when I’m not in New York). First of all, it’s Yountville, not Yauntville ;) I don’t know what this beautiful smell you’re describing is. California is a very smoggy and polluted state, sadly, one of the most. The mornings and evenings in Napa can be up to 20 degrees colder than the afternoons. It’s far from perfect, trust me.

chari -May 18, 2013, 5:56PM

just wondering, what kind of camera did you use for these pictures? I love the way they’re not super bright, but still have the warmth and slight haziness to them

FP Jemma -May 20, 2013, 9:32AM

Hi Chari, those photos were shot by our friend Thomas Northcut he uses a Canon EOS 5D mark II but i believe a fliter is also put on the photos to give them that warm feeling. I hope this helps

Jenny Ekberg -May 20, 2013, 11:27PM

Beautiful place!!! Looks like fun and I am in awe of the definition of those abs!!!

Tom Schmit -May 21, 2013, 4:43PM

Looks like a great place to live. The city life is ok, only due to the convince of shopping. But the country is were my heart lives.

Leah -August 13, 2013, 4:23PM

Where are some great swimming holes in the Napa River? I have a weekend getaway to Napa coming up. Am excited to finally swim in the river but would love some good places to enter the river.

Thanks!