Blogger Diary: A Glimpse Inside My Home

Post image for Blogger Diary: A Glimpse Inside My Home

Last summer I wrote a blogger diary called Home is a Feeling, Not a Place. At that time, I had only been in Philly for 3 months, and didn’t yet feel settled. My mind was all over the place, and I was really craving that feeling of “home” to comfort me. It’s now a year later, and I can truly say that Philly feels like home. I have places that I frequent and I’ve developed really incredible friendships – better than I ever thought possible back when I made the move from New York. I’m now in a new house, and it, too, feels like home.

Every evening I’m greeted by my cat as soon as I walk in the door. I make way my to my room, plop down my stuff, and relax for a minute, looking around at all of the things I’ve collected and positioned on display in a way that feels just right. I shout over to the next room where I can hear one of my roommates hysterically laughing. She’s probably repeatedly watching a ridiculous Vine by one of those dudes who’ve quickly become our good buds. I love where I am and it feels right to me. Home certainly is a feeling, not a place – and when the place in which you dwell also feels like home, what more could you ever even need?

Dreamcatcher

Antique dresser top

Wall vignette

Antique bottles in wooden crate

Succulents on kitchen windowsill

Fruits and vegetables on tree stumps

Canteen

Clothes in closet

Hanging necklaces

Bracelets on wood

Makeup, succulent, windowsill

Dreamcatcher and lace

Shelf decor

City roof deck

More blogger diary posts.

Follow FP Brigette on Twitter.

Tags: , ,

Comments

Juliette Laura -June 28, 2013, 10:57AM

Oh you have such a beautiful home, so glad that you are feeling settled and comfortable and at home. I am obsessed with these photos. So much decor inspiration for me!

xoxo
Juliette Laura

Marion -June 28, 2013, 11:59AM

You have a gorgeous sense of style. Thank you for sharing it with us!! xo

jenn moreira -June 28, 2013, 12:22PM

obsessed with you god dammit

Kelsey -June 28, 2013, 1:18PM

Thanks for showing images from your home. I’m in the process of moving this weekend, and your simplistic style inspires me to start fresh!

Madison -June 28, 2013, 2:44PM

Omg, where did you get that antler jewelry holder?? It is perfection.

Rosy -June 28, 2013, 5:55PM

Love love love beautiful deco

Gretchen -June 28, 2013, 5:57PM

I LOVE THIS!!!!!

Kari -June 28, 2013, 7:15PM

such beautiful details, and your wardrobe palette is stunning : )

May -June 29, 2013, 3:40AM

I think you will be happy living there with your cat. People always need a transition period when move to another area. We will be happy at last!

renee -June 29, 2013, 8:46AM

oh my. what a beautiful space. i’m totally jealous! (and inspired!) love, love, love. where is that antler candle holder from? it’s super cool!

Ashley Lorelle -June 29, 2013, 5:51PM

I am moving into a new apartment in August so I love this new series. It’s so wonderful to have inspiring posts that can help me get settled into my new home.

Alexis -June 30, 2013, 11:58AM

So lovely. I love living with my husband and son but this sort of makes me wistful for the days when I had my own apartment and I could decorate it with beautiful things without worrying that they’d get destroyed by a toddler! Enjoy having your own beautiful space when you can, because this time in your life goes by too fast.
And now I have to have a total closet stalking moment: I see hanging up in your closet (at least I think this is what it is) a blue vintage-style dress with off-white lace trim. It’s kind of right in the middle of that photo, sticking out a little. Is that by Keepsake? I found that dress on clearance at this store in my town that carries FP and Anthro stuff and the only one they had left was too small and it was slightly damaged. I’ve been looking for another one ever since. Any idea where online I might be able to find it? I’ve done endless googling to no avail.

Tiffany -June 30, 2013, 9:14PM

gah i love your home! it’s so pretty! i can’t wait until i can afford to get my own space and decorate it however i want!

Clau -February 18, 2014, 9:41PM