Breakfast seems to be one of the toughest meals for those new to a gluten-free diet. So many people new to the lifestyle contact me to ask my thoughts on the various options, what is available and what is easy. I find breakfast to be quite easy on the contrary, I feel like once you realize all the naturally gluten-free options plus what you can easily recreate yourself, the possibilities are endless!
Here are some of my favorite naturally gluten-free breakfast ideas:
1) Yogurt (dairy or non-dairy) topped with fresh fruit and/or toasted nuts, seeds, homemade granola, etc.
2) Homemade gluten-free granola with your favorite milk or non-dairy milk (recipe: Orange Spiced Granola with Black Mission Figs and Pistachios).
3) Smoothies (SOOO many options! Try this Strawberry Coconut Smoothie).
4) Eggs – scrambled, hardboiled, fried, omelets, frittatas, etc. (recipe: Summer Harvest Frittata).
5) Breakfast tacos on corn tortillas (scrambled eggs or scrambled tofu is great inside).
6) Oatmeal (certified gluten-free, of course).
7) Chia pudding (recipe: Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding).
8) Buckwheat (or other gluten-free flour-based) pancakes.
9) Gluten-free waffles (recipe: Banana Pecan Waffles).
10) Sweet potato or veggie hash, maybe with some bacon added and a poached or fried egg on top, if you aren’t vegan! (Recipe: Sweet Potato and Poblano Hash).
11) Gluten-free Breakfast cookies (recipe: Strawberry Coconut Breakfast Cookies).
12) Warm cooked millet, amaranth or quinoa topped with a little maple syrup and some fresh fruit.
13) Homemade gluten-free cereal or energy bars (recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Energy Bars).
14) Fresh fruit.
15) Homemade gluten-free bread or muffins (recipe: Whole Grain Chocolate Zucchini Muffins).
What is your favorite gluten-free breakfast?
More healthy recipes from the BLDG 25 Blog.