Tricks To Naturally Lengthen Your Eyelashes

Post image for Tricks To Naturally Lengthen Your Eyelashes

On a day-to-day basis, the only eye makeup I wear is mascara. I naturally have long eyelashes, so a few swipes and I’m good to go. People tend to ask me what my trick is, and without having any specific one, it made me curious as to what natural remedies there actually are for lengthening your eyelashes. After doing some research, I found out that most of the tricks are fast and extremely simple. You won’t notice results right away, but if you use these tricks often, your eyelashes should start to lengthen and thicken overtime!

supplies on table with labels

Most of the things you need to start lengthening your lashes are pretty common so you may already have them laying around the house. I had everything except for an eyelash curler which can be purchased at any drug or makeup store.

olive oil in spoon

Extra Virgin Olive Oil- Before you go to bed, wash your face so that it is nice and clean and rid of any makeup, especially around the eyes. Pour out some EVOO into a little dish, about 5 drops or so. Dip a cotton swab into the oil and then rub it along your lashes. You should try and get as close to the base where your lashes meet your lid without getting any oil in your eye. Do this on both eyes and leave the oil on overnight. When you wake up, wash your face normally. If you continue to do this routinely every night for 2-3 months, you should start to notice your lashes growing thicker and longer!

lip balm on eyelash

Lip Balm- Using lip balm on your lashes will make them appear curlier. A flavored balm will work best for this trick, so I used Nivea Moisture Rich lip Care in olive oil and lemon. Rub the lip balm along your lashes and at the base. You can do this before bed or before mascara is applied. Take your eyelash curler and curl your lashes a few times after the balm is applied but before you put on mascara. This should help boost the curl in your lashes.

vaseline

Vaseline- Coating your lashes with petroleum jelly, such as Vaseline, will help moisturize your lashes to make them appear longer and healthier. The increased moisture will stimulate the hair follicles to help your lashes grow. To apply, take a cotton swab and dip it in the Vaseline. Swipe the cotton swab across a lash comb to transfer the Vaseline onto the teeth of the comb. Run the comb through your lashes before you go to bed and wash your face in the morning. This process can show results in as little as 5 weeks.

brushing eyelashes

Brush- Even just brushing your lashes every day with an eyebrow brush can help stimulate growth. Gentle brushes for no longer than 5 minutes should do the trick!

long eyelashes

More beauty tips from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Follow FP Jana on Twitter.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

Meg -July 9, 2013, 11:01AM

TRYING THIS!!!
I could totally use a little help in this department.

Julenecakes -July 9, 2013, 1:44PM

Great tips! Definitely going to try the olive oil. Love the little sparkles by the model’s eyes too!

Sarah -July 9, 2013, 2:46PM

The eyelash curler is a bad idea. It breaks off lashes in the long run~
The other things are definitely worth a try.

elyse marie -July 9, 2013, 2:58PM

if you do use the eyelash curler, be gentle and make sure to use it BEFORE the mascara in the morning, otherwise you can put a crinkle in your eyelashes :)

gabi -July 9, 2013, 3:21PM

Castor oil is a great natural substitute for Vaseline to lengthen eyelashes. It works really well too!!

Christine -July 9, 2013, 3:33PM

bag balm has worked wonders for me!! keep those lashes hydrated. :)

andrea -July 9, 2013, 3:34PM

grapeseed oil works too! like olive oil, it will take some time, but it works.

Lauren -July 9, 2013, 4:32PM

Coconut oil works too!

shaylin -July 9, 2013, 7:25PM

very cool! those prescribed lash enhancers scared me when it said it can discolor your eyes….there’s a natural remedy for everything imaginable :)

Sophie Milan -July 10, 2013, 7:46AM

these are all new to me. never thought of vaseline… but since I have it at home, I’ll probably make use of it. well, thanks again. you really do wonders! :)

Rhonda -July 10, 2013, 10:18AM

Or you can use coconut oil on your face and eyelashes before u go to bed..I have been doing this for a year now and i have very good lashes because of it. Read up on coconut oil on http://www.coconutoil.com. I’ve never been happier with my skin or eyelashes.

joanna -July 10, 2013, 10:39AM

what mascara does she use? her eye lashes are so beautiful!

fp jana -July 10, 2013, 11:40AM

Hi, Joanna! I use Maybelline Mega Plush Volum’ Express in Blackest Black. :)

Chel -July 19, 2013, 9:45PM

THE VASELINE REALLY REALLY WORKS!!!
i tried that when i was in fifth grade. i applied it twice a day for a couple months.
Now im in high school and my mum and her stubby lashes are jealous and every girl keeps asking me if im wearing mascara.
Its worth it, honestly.

Blake -July 21, 2013, 10:27AM

woowww ur eyelashes rock girl

jenifer -July 27, 2013, 2:18PM

will the oil on your lashes cause styes? im scared to try that if its a possibility

Betty -August 2, 2013, 11:12AM

I’ve been trying to thicken & lengthen my lashes. I’ve been using castor oil. I take an old mascara wand & clean it really really well, & then just dip it into the oil & apply the oil onto my lashes as I would mascara, every night before bed. I haven’t been doing it very long, & I haven’t been doing it every night; so I can’t say that I’ve seen an improvement. But castor oil, or any oil (olive oil, jojoba, coconut, vitamin E oil, etc.) really, is good for your lashes because it strengthens them, therefore you get less lash-loss, which is good.

Great post! Will try the lip balm to get my lashes curlier.

Maria Cabot -August 3, 2013, 12:03AM

Nice tips…Thanks for sharing numerous tips for lengthening of eye lashes….will try also.

Ana -August 6, 2013, 4:42AM

Wow, great tip, I never tried this before…although I do brush my lashes, but not everyday…one thing I have tried and it works for everyone :))
are these lashes > http://khairmaxbeauty.com/?page/75848/eyelashes
They are really good.

Trinity stommel -August 15, 2013, 9:08PM

I might try lip balm!! :)

jazz pollard -August 23, 2013, 5:27AM

Wow its a good tip for getting longer lashes…These are natural too and doesn’t have any side effects too so its good to go for natural tips instead of using those fake lashes…I found some eyelash enhancers at http://www.thebeautyinsiders.com/eyelash-enhancers that are much more effective and no side effects at all…

Lisiana -September 5, 2013, 9:22AM

Wow! Amazing tips and tricks. I was looking for it and see I got! I will definitely give it a try. I will go with that lip balm trick. Thanks for the post!

Grannie -September 5, 2013, 9:40AM

Hey, I am using castor oil and Vaseline for my eyelashes and they are doing fantastic. Just you have to show some patience and that’s it. Between, nice post!

Sydney -September 19, 2013, 9:28AM

Great article! Very useful tips, if you are having thin and short eyelashes.

Erin Hawkins -December 4, 2013, 12:26PM

Hi my name is Erin Hawkins and I am the owner of mamachulo.com blog. I love your blog as well as the clothing line! I just wanted to share my link with you, where I took your advice about naturally lengthening my lashes :) thanks!

Ann -December 22, 2013, 10:57PM

The Vaseline, lip balm and olive oil work.
But don’t curl your lashes cause they can get damaged and may fall off.

Olivia -December 29, 2013, 4:25PM

I am very much wanting to try this… Can you mix the Vaseline with the olive oil?

Lucy -January 4, 2014, 6:24PM

Love these ideas and I will give them a shot! I found a great tip that works very well. Warm up your eye lash curler with your dryer and it will curl yours lashes quicker and better! Just be careful not to heat them too much otherwise you might get burnt..

hmj -January 22, 2014, 6:07PM

I made eyeliner out of activated charcoal and melted coconut oil today. I assume that the cocnut oil will have similar effects on my eyelashes as olive oil :) fingers crossed!

Hayley -February 2, 2014, 1:33PM

I have see a significant improvement in the length and thickness of my lashes when using coconut oil, its also great at removing eye makeup

Eyebrow Bar -March 14, 2014, 4:25AM

I just love your site, it’s filled with fresh and relevant articles and have a very nice eye catchy design! Some posts really helped me in my work, so thanks for that!!

FEG Eyelash Enhancer -April 2, 2014, 3:59AM

FEG eyelash enhancer is for increasing the growth including length, thickness and darkness of eyelashes.
It;s effective but not expensive, if you are interested in it please feel free to contact me.

victoria -July 17, 2014, 12:18AM

Go here! Your lashes are on like mascara and will increase in length by 300%! Coat with water proof mascara and swim! Order from me today or JOIN the #1 Independent sales company in the U.S.!