For The Love Of Kimonos

Post image for For The Love Of Kimonos

This month’s lookbook – Blue Belle – features Japanese-inspired utilitarian layering in beautiful indigo hues. To go along with this trend, I wanted to feature another element of Japanese-inspired fashion that we’re currently loving: the kimono.

We love kimonos as a layering piece over maxi dressesmini skirts… ankle jeans… or even just as a robe around the house. Kimonos are versatile and beautiful, and they have the ability to make us feel both feminine and cool. We especially love the way a sheer, printed kimono adds a totally new dimension to a plain, otherwise monochrome look. And the nearing of fall means it’s the perfect time to add this type of light layer into your wardrobe…

Printed pants, kimono

Kimono, beanie

Above: Stag Amulet Kimono (similar), Kalifas Kaftan Top, FP One Pacific Trails Pant, Capsule Slouchy Beanie, Kami Crystal Chainlink Collar.

All black, printed kimono

Black with printed kimono

Above: Paisley Sheer Kimono, Matador Hat.

Kimono, jewelry

Kimono, pendant

Above: Paisley Sheer Kimono, We The Free New Moon Solid Tank, Mira Pendant.

Follow FP Brigette on Twitter.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

MacK Mars -August 19, 2013, 8:54AM

Love them all!

xx
MacK @ SoulMakes Blog

Juliette Laura -August 19, 2013, 9:36AM

I’ve been looking for a kimono and I love all of them! And you all look stunning!

xo, Juliette Laura

Eva -August 19, 2013, 10:28AM

I’ve been saving up to get the spell kimono…soon I will get my hands on it!

Kailee Anne -August 19, 2013, 12:31PM

I love kimonos. I have a pretty extensive collection of them, which only seems to get bigger with each passing day; living right next door to a thrift store on a barely shopped side of town… But you’re right! There’s something very romantic and feminine, yet altogether rock and roll about them!

Natalie -August 19, 2013, 12:45PM

I LOVE kimonos. Sadly, I really don’t have any in my closet currently!! I am definitely going to change that! Beautiful photos!
Halfway to Harmony

Blue -August 19, 2013, 2:28PM

I own two vintage silk kimono… unfortunately, traditional kimono are not meant to be worn without datejime (the sash holding it up, which is not meant to be seen) and obi (the wide, decorative sash), so without them, it is much too long to wear by itself…

Julenecakes -August 21, 2013, 2:36PM

I love the first and last one especially! Gorgeous!

Gypsy Plunder Vintage