Dream Symbols & Their Meanings: Flying

Post image for Dream Symbols & Their Meanings: Flying

Dreams are an incredible thing. Sometimes they last a mere split second, whereas other times they seem to go on forever. Sometimes a dream is so lifelike that you may actually believe the events occurred in real life, whereas other times a dream is so ridiculous that you can’t even comprehend what’s going on. Dreams are a subconscious reflection of what’s going on within our mind. Oftentimes our dreams can teach us things about ourselves that we may not have otherwise realized. I think that it’s important to look into our dreams to find out what our subconscious mind is trying to tell us. This month, we’re going to feature a new dream symbol each week, describing what the symbol might possibly mean and how to deal with the information it reveals. This week, that symbol is flying.

Dream quote

Have you ever had a dream where you yourself were gliding through the air, soaring over buildings and trees, and loving every minute of it? This type of dream suggests that you are on top of something. Maybe you’ve overcome a recent struggle at work; maybe you feel in control of your life in general. Think about how the feeling of being “on top” specifically relates to you, and make an effort to keep doing what you’re doing in order to stay there.

On the other hand, you may have a dream that you’re having trouble staying in flight. Maybe a tree is in your way; maybe you just can’t seem to stay up in the air. Obstacles like these suggest that someone or something is in your way. Someone or something may be holding you back from moving forward in your life. It could be a friend or family member; it could be a lack of resource like time or money; it could even be your very own feelings of fear or self-consciousness. Take the time to think about who or what could possibly be in the way of your path and formulate a plan to overcome the situation, even if it’s one baby step at a time.

Have you ever had a dream that you were flying? Describe it for us below!

Follow FP Brigette on Twitter

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

Ashley -September 4, 2013, 9:47AM

I used to fly in my childhood dreams all the time and those dreams are still fun to think about. It started with a recurring dream about me standing in my living room, lifting off the floor and feeling like it was the most fun thing in the world. Eventually I was soaring over lakes, amusement parks, and San Francisco (weird, I think that one stemmed from watching full house).

Anonymous -September 4, 2013, 12:48PM

i was flying from rooftop to rooftop in some kind of village, angry people were chasing me a yelling. i couldn’t fly for long or very high that is why i was using the rooftops. my wings were small.

Sophie Bolton -September 4, 2013, 4:34PM

I have been dancing ballet my entire life and in high school i used to dream of dancing in a beautiful flowy dress. It was night time and I was dancing on an outdoor stage alone with the stars shining bright above me. There was no audience, I was just dancing for myself, and every time my feet left the floor for a jump, I would fly into the sky. It’s my most magnificent and favorite dream by far.

Anna Kiriakou -September 4, 2013, 9:06PM

I was flying over the streets of London with Peter Pan and all of my friends. We were children again. It was the most exuberant feeling in the world. We would zoom past each other into the stars, twirl around in the clouds and there was this wonderful person leading us somewhere magical. It was the hardest dream I have ever had to wake up from.

Carolyn -September 5, 2013, 7:49AM

NICE

Maddie -September 14, 2013, 7:48AM

A few weeks ago I had a dream I could fly; it was the most incredible feeling! I physically felt weightless, like I could just lift myself up and over buildings or wherever I wanted to go. Even now I still hold that feeling. Every night I go to bed hoping that I will fly again! x

Cindy -January 9, 2014, 1:07PM

Two nights ago, I dreamt I was meeting some people for a fun night on the town. Instead, my youngest daughter showed up. We had a nice time, and after awhile, I began flying in the air over people, trees, buildings. I would only touch down occasionally. I had these dreams all the time growing up – whether it was outside or inside. I soar several times a year. It’s very refreshing.