What Does Your Eye Color Mean?

Post image for What Does Your Eye Color Mean?

Eyes are one of the most beautiful and expressive components to the human body. They have the ability to reveal our inner emotions and they’re our window to the outside world. We can communicate so much with our eyes, from the slightest glance to a deep stare.

Since the eyes reveal so much, it made me wonder if the color of them can reveal certain aspects of our personality, and help us learn more about ourselves. After doing some research, I learned that eye color is all dependent on your genetic makeup, but psychologists have in fact connected certain colors of the eye back to personality traits. Here is a brief guide that explains what some of the different eye colors represent. Not to be taken too seriously, this is more of a fun test to see if any of the said personality traits match up with you and your eye color!

jana eye

Blue eyes- Blue eyes are said to be the most desirable. As babies, many of us are born with deep blue irises, but then they are quick to change within 2 weeks. Because of this, most people think of “eternal youth” whenever they see blue eyes. It is said that most people with blue eyes are attractive, in addition to having a very calm and peaceful personality. Blue eyes are also representative of knowledge.

brown eyes

Brown eyes- Brown is one of the most common of eye colors, and people who don this hue are said to be very independent, self-confident and determined. You are known to be trustworthy, and when people look at you they get a sense of security and stability.

green eyes and turquoise ring

Green eyes- Green Eyes are often thought of as mysterious since they are more rare. People with green eyes are curious about nature, very passionate in their relationships with other people and have an overall positive and creative outlook on life. These people tend to get jealous easily, but possess large amounts of love.

Hazel eyes- hazel eyes are a mixture of colors, but mostly green and brown. People with hazel eyes are spontaneous and will rarely back down from a challenge. If there is more green mixed into your eyes, you like to be mischievous. If you have more brown mixed in, you are more approachable to other people. Hazel eyes are special because they seem to change color depending on your mood.

jill and danielle eyes

Black eyes- People with black eyes are known to be very secretive and keep to themselves around new faces until they feel comfortable. They are very passionate and loyal, especially to their friends. People with black eyes are also very intuitive and have the ability to tap into powerful energy.

Gray eyes- If you have gray eyes, you are known to be very wise and gentile. These people are sensitive, but have a strong inner strength and think analytically. They can also very easily change their mood to suit any situation at hand.

I have green eyes, and I thought it was interesting how spot on the personality description was to me. How did it match up for you all?

More inspirational posts from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Follow FP Jana on Twitter.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

meg -September 17, 2013, 8:53AM

I am a blue eyed girl. ;)

Megan -September 17, 2013, 9:17AM

I have blue eyes :) and the personality description is pretty spot on.

nina -September 17, 2013, 9:25AM

Im a black eyed girl…n it is spot on.

Meadow -September 17, 2013, 9:50AM

What about gray eyes???

Liz -September 17, 2013, 10:23AM

Green eyes here… everything is right except the jealousy part. I think anyway, haha. I either trained myself out of it, or don’t notice it.

Laura -September 17, 2013, 10:28AM

I agree with Meadow’s comment. What about the rarest eye colour in the world: grey? I have grey eyes.

Callie -September 17, 2013, 10:45AM

I have hazel eyes, I thought it was a good description, but my eyes also sometimes turn a golden/yellow color. Is there a description for that? <3 xoxo

Beth C -September 17, 2013, 11:23AM

I have grey eyes as well!

Buy my eyes were more green when I was younger and it does seem to describe me pretty well

Alexa Sonken {Invitations for Creatives} -September 17, 2013, 11:32AM

I have hazel eyes :) Love this, eyes are such a reflection of personality and soul :)

sarah -September 17, 2013, 12:00PM

Grey eyed girl over here!

Stephanie H -September 17, 2013, 12:56PM

Same here. I also have gray eyes…Really light gray, like some wolves’ eyes are. No hints of blue whatsoever in them!

Hannah -September 17, 2013, 1:11PM

I have blue eyes and I was surprised at how dead on it was! People always tell me how calm I am! Thanks for the post!

Tiffany -September 17, 2013, 1:17PM

this is interesting. my eyes are like kaleidoscopes; they constantly change between hues of green and blue, depending on what i’m wearing or where i am. if i wear green, they reflect the color i’m wearing. if i’m by the ocean, they turn the turquoise of the water, etc. it would’ve been interesting to see if there are any hybrid eye-color examples lol. but both the blue and green eyes description seem to fit very well with my personality. thanks for sharing this.

Kelli -September 17, 2013, 1:57PM

My eyes are gray and hazel and both fit me perfectly!

Giselle -September 17, 2013, 5:03PM

This is such a fantastic post! The photography is inspiring as well!

Jasmine -September 17, 2013, 6:54PM

By saying most of us are born with blue eyes you’re making the assumption most people are white. Most of the world ISN’T white and therefore most of us weren’t born with blue eyes. The rest post is absolutely ridiculous as there is no scientific evidence proving a link between eye colour and personality.

kathryn -September 17, 2013, 10:53PM

so many blanket statements! of course everyone will agree with whatever it says for their eye color, just like any form of astrology.

(Jasmine) there obviously isn’t an actual link between eye color and personality, it’s just fun to think about for some people. The same way there’s no actual link between our birthdays and personalities. Not that we have any evidence of, at least.

DIYEARTE ♦ DIY -September 18, 2013, 4:19AM

I’m a black eyed girl!! Interesting post!

WE❤DIY:
→ DIYEARTE ♦ DIY

Eva -September 18, 2013, 7:15AM

I’m a brown eyed girl and this was dead on…nice post Jana!
by the way your eyes are beautiful, I am sure u hear that alot…haha

Courtney -September 18, 2013, 10:08AM

Green eyes, everything was true! Very interesting post.

Anonymous -September 18, 2013, 10:09PM

99.9999% of Asians have brown eyes….and not all Asians are the same, obviously. Also, I have brown eyes and I am neither self-confident nor determined.

Alyssa -September 19, 2013, 1:23AM

Im a green eyed girl and this was spot on! great post, its fun and not meant to be serious :)

Anonymous -September 20, 2013, 3:00PM

Haha there’s no such thing as BLACK eyes! Deep deep brown maybe.

Britt -September 24, 2013, 12:30AM

I have green eyes and think the description was spot on. My younger brothers have green eyes as well- we were all blue eyed until we were pre-teens when our eyes changed colors. Their eyes went green when they were… 10 maybe? I colored my hair red for the first time when I was about 11 and then the next day I woke up and my eyes had gone from true blue to a very pale green. They’ve since darkened, but I thought it was funny how our eyes changed. My eldest brother and younger sister are both still blue eyed- I hope it stays that way because I think blue eyes are so pretty!

Bee -October 3, 2013, 8:18PM

I have green eyes as well, and this totally hit home for me.

Windigo -October 6, 2013, 6:37PM

I could use some Feedback !
Let me break it down to you, I have Hazel Eyes… I would say the brown part is right around the the middle black dot in the center. My eyes do change color. The brown part is from my mom who has slightly over medium brown eyes(so between dark brown and mid brown) and my son has brown eyes (dark brown, darker than my mom’s). However, my brown part is very light..more like hazelnut brown that gets a wee bit more predominant only 15% of the time. My green part is usually very slightly below mid green to mid green,, However,, 20% of the time.. becomes Dark EMERALD Green and when this happens takes most of the eye, overshadowing the brown part.

My daughter has hazel eye and light brown as well as me, but only 65% has the rest is fully grey.. (from her great grandma side of my dad’s) and she bores all three colors in her eyes at any given time.. but sometimes her eyes turn 83% grey..

Sorry about percentages, makes more sense for me to use statistical data.
Not sure what all that means.. but sure would like feedback,, all in good fun.

Hazel seems to be spot on for me but the green part not so much as far as jealousy part..I am really not the jealous type at all…but do not confuse jealousy with indifference though. Some folks seems to think because your not jealous, that anything goes as far as your partner is concern… this is not the case whatsoever at all.. it’s just , i respect my partner’s life and action. If there were something that she would either allow or initiate by herself, I am not the control or jealous possessive type, but i would have a conversation with her nevertheless cause i Respect Myself(need i say more) .. the only time i would react at all is, … if someone would bother her.. and she would not allow it at all,, therefore, i would then step in, as it would be to protect her against unwanted attention that SHE would’ve made clear.

I’ve read a few articles that seems to suggest there is actually a well funded science regarding analysis of persona in relation to eye color.. Let me know what you think !

Peace :)

Windigo -October 6, 2013, 6:46PM

Oh… I just remembered.. not the Iris.. I meant Pupil..LOL… must be late.. or too much wine on this sunday dinner.. :)

Haley -October 12, 2013, 11:04PM

what if your eyes change colors often

Erik -October 21, 2013, 10:07PM

What happens if you eye colors changes to yellow or red along with green, blue, reddish brown, or silver grey?

Wendi -October 23, 2013, 4:51PM

My eyes are blue and green.. they are considered hazel.. they do not have brown in them.. and they change to my mood.. not sure with one of these would apply to me in this case.. would both green and blue apply to me or not??

Jules -November 17, 2013, 3:03PM

My eyes are green-gray with gold in the center and rim of blue around the gold…. So basically all colors. Aren’t eyes something?

jill s berry -November 21, 2013, 10:42PM

I posted something I found, on brown eyes.. and it is fu.. But ,is really pretty incorrect, in a lot of points… Actually very silly.. but I still like to read them!! ha ha ha

jill s berry -November 21, 2013, 10:45PM

I meant…. it is fun…. Oh ,and also, why is everyone saying… “It is spot on”. like a parrot?? lol lol lol

mladyx -November 23, 2013, 4:07PM

I wonder how many people actually do research before posting… Just like the myers-briggs test, to me, its all in the science behind it all. I like to think there is a connection to personality and eye color. Though, there are exceptions to the rule. I see the majority falling into the categories quite nicely. I see astrology the same way. It’s the science behind it. I don’t believe that stars or the moon has anything to do with what is in our future though it does seem to be “spot on”. There are different personalities like type A and type B. That is a proven fact. So, whatever your belief, just enjoy the fun of it and don’t get all heated over something that you can’t control. That is what diversity is all about. Many belief systems coming together to play a part in this world we call home. :) Enjoy the rest of your day and Merry Christmas. Whatever your belief is.

mladyx -November 23, 2013, 4:13PM

And btw… I have hazel eyes and don’t have a stitch of jealousy in my body. Though I am very loyal and honest. Plus, I am spontaneous. At least I use to be when I was younger and had more energy without the 4 bulging disks and herniated disk with a tear. :D

hmm -December 3, 2013, 11:04AM

I fit everything and i have dark brown … So this cant be factual sorry.

Beth L -December 5, 2013, 1:25AM

I have blue eyes mixed with grey and green with an orange streak in the corner of my eye….I also have yellow/brown outline around my pupils:) I guess I have a lot of different personalities

Hanna -December 5, 2013, 7:59PM

I have hazel eyes but they are blue green and grey

Anna -December 6, 2013, 9:57AM

Blue eyes-It’s pretty spot on :-)

Arno -December 9, 2013, 4:19PM

Green eyed guy though i have a tint of hazel, green is more overwhelming. they say green eyes are very rare is that really true, i don’t think so.
the meaning of green eyes is correct with me although i’m not really sure
i have a creative outlook on life. i find my creativity more in words. very interesting subject :) (meaning of your eye color won’t define you)

Angela -December 15, 2013, 9:02PM

Wow, I’m kinda confused about my eyes color. My eyes change from light brown with dark brown on the outer layer. But then it changes to green/brown color! Idk what color it is!

sheryl -December 17, 2013, 2:53PM

The green eyes is me to a tea

amanda -December 20, 2013, 3:15AM

Lol, so 99% of non-white people have the same personality… Yeah okay.

abby -December 31, 2013, 4:38PM

There is no such thing as a black eye color, it’s just very dark brown.I know I have ”black” eyes.

none -January 2, 2014, 8:23PM

I have grey blue eyes so what about me?

Tracy -January 5, 2014, 11:39AM

I can’t find any site with my eye color :-\ my eyes are green with blue around

mclovin -January 8, 2014, 11:18PM

I has black eyes :D

Steven -January 9, 2014, 1:12AM

I have blue and green eyes. My eyes change color. Idk why and I haven’t been able to figure it out but both descriptions fit me well. If anyone knows why my eyes change colors text me and let me know I would really like to know why. 8652300059

Anonymous -January 9, 2014, 10:43PM

Hazel here mostly green, Look out… Lol

Vassago -January 19, 2014, 3:59PM

What about Gold eyes? Is that good?

Sami ₩ -January 23, 2014, 11:03PM

I have green eyes with a BRIGHT yellow ring around my pupil and a dark forest green color cout ring that looks like it keep the color in (i know it doesnt but my 4yr old nephew says it all the time) but when i am sick or phsically injured in anyway they turn a very sliver gray color, and if i am anger my eyes turn this forest color but the yellow ring turns an orangy color with small red almost flares, but when i am extremly exited or have alot if addrenaline in my system my eyes turn this instense almost sapphire blue with these gorgous mint green color flecks where my yellow ring would normally be…i have actually watched my eyes transtion colors before and it truly is the most amazingly kinda creepy thing i have every seen….more offten then not though latly my eyes have been 2 very diffrent colors its very odd but i love my eyes they r very powerful and on the plus side i have natural white light golden blonde hair :) i love who i am andhow i am naturally diffrent ;D

Anonymous -January 29, 2014, 9:23PM

I have green eyes… I thinks it’s wierd how everyone always wants blue eyes…. I love green eyes. They express my personality well and I think they’re beautiful.

Danika -January 31, 2014, 5:23PM

Um well the irises of my eyes have a really dark ring around them and my eye colour also changes depending on the weather, lighting and mood eg: when I’m crying they turn bright green :P

Ryan -February 2, 2014, 10:34PM

I have blue eyes and I am pretty attractive! :-)

Ryan -February 2, 2014, 10:36PM

And I am smart and calm

Bethany -February 8, 2014, 9:42PM

If you have like really pale blue eyes and a quarter of your eye is brown would the meaning be blue and brown? Plus why does some eyes have a quarter of brown in one of their eye?..

Miz -February 10, 2014, 8:23AM

I always have different shades of blue

jade -February 20, 2014, 10:37PM

I have blue eyes and they change to green or gray

Nicole -February 22, 2014, 6:40PM

My eyes change colour, what does that mean?

Airen -February 23, 2014, 2:45AM

I have black eyes :D

Gabriel -February 24, 2014, 1:09PM

I actually have green brown and blue eyes. My eyes are mixed but it actually looks really cool..not.sure what the prediction would be on that.

josh -February 25, 2014, 3:44AM

my eyes used to be brown they now go (grey, green, hazel, blue, yellowish gold, and black

haley -February 27, 2014, 10:50PM

my eye color changes to grey,blue,green, and sometimes i have a little brown around my pupil when my eyes are blue.my personality was pretty spot on, the blue eyed part I am very representative of knowledge and a little attractive I guess.The grey eyed part I am wise and gentile and I can be sensitive sometimes but I do have a strong inner strength and think analytically also I can can very easily change my mood to suit any situation at hand.Also the green eyed part I am mysterious. I am curious about nature, very passionate in my relationships with other people and have an overall positive and creative outlook on life.Thank you.

Inuyasha -March 1, 2014, 12:48AM

I have pure gold color eyes

Anonymous -March 10, 2014, 1:20AM

THOSE DAMN GREY EYED GENTILES

stephen weeden -March 11, 2014, 2:05AM

I have brown eyes right now does that means something.

Anoyomus -March 11, 2014, 6:06PM

my eyes change colors. a sunday ago one eye was a completely differet shade of brown then the other. an i have noticed when my eyes are light brown im in a good mood, which isnt seen alot. they are normally dark. but change colors from different shades of browns. its rather werid an i wanna know more into why my eyes do that.

Anonymus -March 13, 2014, 9:36AM

I have green eyes and it’s pretty much exact…

mixedpuertoricangurl -March 14, 2014, 3:25PM

I have dark brown eyes that sometimes go in a medium brown I love green and brown so idk why everyone wants to have blue eyes and I bet you can’t find another race who has blue eyes or grey its few other races that have green or Hazel eyes just don’t the big deal of all this oh btw they are is no such thing as black eyes that would be so weird its just a very dark brown so please get correct before post stuff and really know thanks

Missy -March 16, 2014, 5:10AM

My eyes are purple lol

Lucy -March 16, 2014, 7:08PM

my eyes are one blue and one green and the description is EXACTLY who I am…..

Marli Nel -March 17, 2014, 5:22AM

Around my pupil my eyes are a yellowish colour. Next its either blou- grey or a green grey colour. And the outline of the iris is a navey blue. Does anybody have comments?

chiara -March 21, 2014, 12:52PM

I gave grey eyes almost all of it was spot on except the part where it says they are sensitive

Diana -March 22, 2014, 5:03PM

I have hazel eyes. But sometimes mines seem to turn either light brown or drak green depending on my mood and . I also thought that it was cool how it does that and the description was spot on. Another thing is it normal if they turn to yellow and what does mean

Diana -March 22, 2014, 5:05PM

And the outline of my eyes is a green color

Stef -April 1, 2014, 6:10PM

My eyes are blue in some spots in my eye grey in other parts of my eye and green takes up most of my eye

cyan -April 2, 2014, 11:05PM

My eyes change from blue to green to gray and all of them sound like me.

Anonymous -April 4, 2014, 9:47AM

There is grey eyes

Janice Kisor -April 15, 2014, 3:52PM

I have Brown just around the pupil of my eyes, then the color disperses into grey, green and blue. When the sun hits them they look brown and tourquoise or teal. If I wear purple they turn dark green. But the brown color is always around the pupil. My diposistion fits that of the Blue eyes and grey eyes.

Anonymous -April 17, 2014, 5:28AM