Saturday DO: Embrace Fall

Post image for Saturday DO: Embrace Fall

I’ve always been a summer person, and as the season begins to transition to fall, it sometimes tends to bring me down a bit.  I do love fall and everything that comes with it, but it’s the foreboding sense of winter’s chill that hangs over me.  Less sunlight can mean less energy, and the winter months are known to cause Seasonal Affective Disorder, something I definitely tend to suffer from in winter.  But this year I want to embrace fall.  I want to fully enjoy the magic of this season, even its tiniest details like the stunning change of colors in the leaves.  It’s breathtaking if you think about it, and it’s also so fleeting (much like the blooming of cherry blossoms in spring).  I want to spend as much time as possible outdoors, appreciating the fact that I can still wear lighter layers without freezing, and relish in the cozy sweaters and socks and beanies that come with the season.  I’ve found that I get so caught up in my love of summer, that I forget to truly appreciate the beauty that is fall.  Today, embrace fall for everything it holds.  Go apple picking, collect some leaves (and paint them!) and admire their beautiful shades of rust, gold, and burnt sienna. Take an evening walk bundled up in your favorite sweater and listen to the leaves crunching beneath your feet.

What’s your favorite way to spend a fall day?

saturday do

saturday do

More inspiration from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

Kamile -September 14, 2013, 11:49AM

Perfect fall day would include bundling up in a huge knitted sweater, taking my bike and riding in the sunny and colourful forest with my best friend and then make some pumpkin soup and eat it while watching old movies in dim light. Perfect is too little for a day like that.

Juliette Laura -September 14, 2013, 12:24PM

Lovely photos, and lovely words on fall! But for me, it would be apple picking and collecting leaves, wearing a big sweater as the leaves crunch beneath my feet. Ahhhh, perfection!

xo, Juliette Laura

Alexa Sonken {Invitations for Creatives} -September 15, 2013, 2:07AM

I’m SO ready for fall. Love these leafy designs.

Charlotte -September 15, 2013, 9:05AM

I wrote about my favourite fall day here: http://www.worthwakingupfor.co.uk/2013/09/country-pursuits.html Xx

jessie -September 15, 2013, 11:13AM

i love the color change of the leaves … on a sunny day … in combination with a blue sky! always the perfect subject for a “fall-photo” :)

love your blog. it is always so inspiring!

happy sunday!
Jessie

cristina -September 15, 2013, 11:53AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! fall is the most inspiring and beautiful season in my opinion. I always become to reflective and self-observing. I always change things in the fall, much more so than in spring. If you think about it in a sort of morbid way… haha… it’s the most beautiful and graceful death. the leaves change into these incredible colors and shades you can’t help but stare at in amazement, the air takes on this crispness and clearness…. I just love everything about it. And living in southern california, I really don’t get the full effect of it which I am so sad about!! But i embrace every ounce of fall we get and use it to the fullest :) I went apple picking last year!! best fall day I’ve ever had and I plan on going again this year! It’s a time to be cozy, reflective of how you spent the last year, light candles, make delicious comforting food, cuddle in a blanket with those you love and be a home-body :)

lynn -September 15, 2013, 6:29PM

I love this post!!!! :D

Tifferninny -September 18, 2013, 7:25AM

Fall is my absolute favorite season, the smells, the colors, oh and my birthday! :) I’m super excited about our mini trip (2hr drive) to hot springs to take in the changing leaves and pick up crystals.
Astralfoxplease.blogspot.com