UPDATE: This post originally ran on September 12th but we wanted to re-watch this makeup tutorial for some weekend inspiration!
As we make the transition from summer to fall, there are changes you can make to your beauty routine as well to prepare your skin. In this video our makeup artist April shares her tips on the best products to use in fall — for example, a heavier moisturizer and cream blushes to keep your skin looking fresh and dewy as opposed to powdery and dried out. Watch the video featuring lovely model Martha Streck for more tips and to learn how to get this beautiful runway-ready red lip for fall!
1. Rose water to soften the skin and prepare for moisturizer – learn how to make your own rose water!
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer - choose the shade most similar to your skin tone.
3. Lip scrub – sugar and Vaseline will do the trick, or make your own edible lip scrub!
5. Cream blush - Mac Pro Sculpting Cream
6. Mac Lip Erase “Dim” to bring down natural pink in lips.
8. Second lip color to add depth - Mac Lip Pencil “Chestnut”
More beauty tutorials from the BLDG 25 Blog.
Follow FP Julia on Twitter.