5 Overnight Beauty Tips

Post image for 5 Overnight Beauty Tips

Beauty sleep. It’s very true that getting a sufficient amount of sleep at night will have us feeling energized, healthy, and beautiful… so why not maximize just how incredible we feel when we rise in the morning? The are lots of little things you can add into your nightly beauty routine that will get to work while you sleep.

Here are 5 that I love!

Overnight beauty tips - lips

To wake up with soft and kissable lips, you can apply a lip scrub when it’s time for bed — here’s an edible lip scrub you can make. After you wipe or rinse it off, apply a lip balm right before you get under your covers — here’s an all-natural lip balm you can make, too. The balm will moisturize the delicate skin on your freshly exfoliated lips while you sleep, making them smooth as ever by the time you wake up.

Overnight beauty tips - lips

To give your hands a treat, liberally apply an intense moisturizer to your palms, the backs of your hands, and your cuticles — coconut oil works wonders for this. Before getting into bed, slip both hands into a pair of cotton gloves. This ensures that the moisturizer gets absorbed into your skin, allowing you to wake up with incredibly soft hands. You won’t want to stop touching them.

Overnight beauty tips - lips

Long eyelashes have always been a trait I’ve lusted after. After removing any eye makeup, you can apply olive oil to your lash line with a cotton swab before bed, and then wash your face as usual in the morning. If you incorporate this into your nightly routine, you should start to experience noticeably longer, thicker lashes within just a few months! Here are some more tricks to naturally lengthen your eyelashes.

Overnight beauty tips - hair

To lock some moisture into your hair, apply a deep conditioner before your head hits the pillow for the night. Put your hair into a braid or pull it into a tight bun to allow the treatment to fully penetrate your locks. In the morning, wash and condition your hair as usual and you’ll be left with hair as soft as a down feather. If you’re looking to create your own treatment, we love this recipe for homemade coconut lavender conditioner.

Overnight beauty tips - teeth

I’ve always been a fan of whitening my teeth while I sleep. On some mornings I swear I’ve even woken up thinking, “Whoa. My teeth were not this white yesterday.” To do this naturally, you can mash a large strawberry and apply evenly across your teeth using a soft toothbrush. When you wake up, brush your teeth as usual and notice a bright, white smile! You could also make a whitening treatment by mixing a 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in with your strawberry, but this should be left on teeth for no longer than 5 minutes due to its strength. Check out more natural ways to whiten teeth!

Do you have any overnight beauty tips to share? Let us know!

Follow FP Brigette on Twitter.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

LamentingLizzie -December 10, 2013, 9:15AM

I never thought to do it for my hands, but I use that moisturizing technique on my feet and oh oh oh it works so well. In the winter time, I also like to apply a serious moisturizer such as coconut oil to my face. Obviously, this may not work for everyone, but it really helps me skin lock in moisture so my foundation does not get flaky in the day. And my lip secret is Jack Black Lip Balm, even though I should make my own.

Annejelina -December 10, 2013, 10:33AM

I love this post. I use coconut oil in my hair as a conditioning treatment all the time. I have really long, fine hair and it keeps my hair super healthy and strong <3
xoxo Annejelina

Visit my shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CrownofCreationShop

Gretchen -December 10, 2013, 10:53AM

I want to try the strawberry trick!

Cheyenne -December 10, 2013, 11:41AM

Love this post, I’m really going to try out the one with the eyelashes :)
xx

Lucia -December 10, 2013, 12:06PM

Oil pulling with coconut oil for whiter teeth, too!

Kim -December 10, 2013, 12:19PM

Strawberries are good for removing surface stains on teeth, but I wouldn’t recommend leaving them on your teeth overnight, the acids could damage the tooth enamel :)

Jon -December 10, 2013, 1:47PM

I love your blog! All this stuff is amazing!!

Danielle -December 10, 2013, 3:01PM

With such a hectic school, activity and internship schedule, I don’t get as much sleep as I’d like. As the semester continues, I watch my look become gradually more lackluster. I’m always looking for tips to wake up looking and feeling great, and these are all fabulous ideas! I’ve heard of the hand lotion trick, but I never knew I could safely and naturally whiten my teeth overnight. The edible lip scrub is also an awesome recipe. Love the post, thanks for the tips!

Beka -December 11, 2013, 2:00PM

DO NOT use the strawberry tooth whitener! strawberries are acidic & acid will erode your enamel & can cause cavities. I am a dental assistant & I’ve seen people try baking soda or strawberry “tooth whiteners” before. They end up with lots of decay or with worn down enamel. If you want to use baking soda, try arm & hammer toothpaste. It is more finely ground than normal baking soda, so it won’t damage your teeth.

The Internet and The Unicorn -December 11, 2013, 2:54PM

For me, a combination of apple cider vinegar + good moisturizer on my face before bed helps me wake up to really soft skin glow-y skin.

I dilute some RAW apple cider vinegar, and use it as toner after face wash. (make sure you dilute it, you don’t want to burn your face off). And then I put on some La Mer (or any heavier lotion will do). PAT the lotion on your skin do not rub. I cannot stress how important this is. Patting ensures that you do not over moisturize.

Works every time!

JuleneTheGypsy -December 13, 2013, 3:44PM

Great tips! Except the strawberries. I’m with Beka, that would seriously wear your enamel down if you use it often enough. I love coconut oil!

Gypsy Plunder Vintage Shop – 40% OFF Weekend Sale!!