Free People Presents: The Cabin

Post image for Free People Presents: The Cabin

We are so excited to share our latest short film: The Cabin, featuring Noot Seear and Jacques Naude! The film begins when videographer Jacques unexpectedly comes across old film from his past.  We see snippets of the footage, as memories flood back of Jacuqes and his girlfriend Noot.  Facing life changes that threaten to tear them apart, the couple escapes to where their love began: a rustic cabin in Maine.  We get a glimpse into the couple’s happiest times, as well as the difficult times as they decide the fate of their relationship.  Will they hold on to each other, or will they set each other free?  The emotion in this film is so real, so beautiful, it has brought me to tears each time I’ve watched it.  Watch for yourselves and tell us…what comes next for Noot and Jacques?

FILM CREDITS
Colorist: Damien Van Der Cruyssen
Sound Editor/Mixer: Dan Flosdorf
“Tiderays”
Performed by Volcano Choir
Courtesy of Jagjaguwar
By Arrangement with Bank Robber Music

Special Thanks: Morgane Bernier, Coline Jourdana, Mikey Van Beuren, Filipp Penson, and Matt Sprout

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

Alex Salvesen -December 4, 2013, 8:31AM

So beautiful! I love Noot <3 my Meadow girl!

Eva -December 4, 2013, 8:39AM

oh my the chemistry between the two of them is sick…I can actually feel it. I love everything about this film. They are two beautiful souls…Great job FP!

Annejelina -December 4, 2013, 9:53AM

Oh my gosh what a beautiful film, loved it!! XOXO
<3 Annejelina

Visit my shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/CrownofCreationShop

Maria Guzman -December 4, 2013, 10:31AM

Lovely! Shouts to my girl Coline Jourdana! Congrats doll you look amazing X

Meghan Mac -December 4, 2013, 10:37AM

I love FP short films! Noot is beautiful and the feelings are true, especially for people who have been in the same situation and had to make difficult life decisions about their future. Beautifully done and inspirational.

Lauren -December 4, 2013, 11:02AM

Great film! Awesome story and actors. The clothes definitely helped form the characters they were playing. Props to FP. The French girl in the beginning was super cute too!

Megan -December 4, 2013, 11:59AM

this film is absolutely beautiful! the entire setting is just amazing, brought tears to my eyes. love shown, so freely

Emily -December 4, 2013, 12:20PM

Loved the film. But in 3:18, 3:55 and 4:14.. Does anyone know what kind of camera it was?

Thanks! xx

ROSALIE -December 4, 2013, 1:33PM

I LOVE THIS :D

Juliette Laura -December 4, 2013, 3:29PM

Oh my goodness I absolutely adore this! First of all I am from Maine so that makes me way happy, second of all wow beautiful people, third yes i cried as well, four the clothes are BEAUTIFUL. FP does it again!

xo, Juliette Laura

September -December 4, 2013, 6:05PM

This is beautiful. I thought no one new about Volcano Choir!

Amelia -December 4, 2013, 7:21PM

Lovely ♥

Michi -December 4, 2013, 7:25PM

It’s impressive the number of times she takes off her clothes. Rock on objectification of women. I thought Free People would be better than that.

Karina Boissonnier -December 4, 2013, 10:41PM

this is amazing!
too bad she takes off her clothes that often, they’re so amazing she should wear them 24/7 !
anyway, im in love!

Savanna -December 5, 2013, 12:07AM

Fallen in love with another FP short film!

Jessica -December 5, 2013, 2:13AM

I didn’t notice what others mentioned about taking off clothes, now that its brought to my attention, I believe that is liberation and celebrating the beauty of women! gorgeous film, a little sad, and thought provoking. Thank you :)

may -December 5, 2013, 11:00AM

k

may -December 5, 2013, 11:03AM

fp is amazing, i absolutely adore the brand but after all it is a brand and they sell lingerie so it makes sense that she gets undressed to show it off and also so she can switch outfits. Regardless this video is so darn cute, best video yet!!!

Sarah -December 5, 2013, 1:43PM

September – Volcano Choir comes on Sirius XMU every day :) One of my favorites!
This was a lovely short film. My first thought when they ran into the woods naked was “I hope they checked themselves for ticks afterwards”. I am a country girl though so I can’t help it haha

Cassandra -December 5, 2013, 5:17PM

This past summer my boyfriend of four years and I bought 11.2 acres of our own wilderness in Northern Canada. We built our own cabin and live without power or running water. We also have two dogs and a handful of chickens. Things have gotten pretty tough for us financially and I feel like this short film mirrors our relationship. It has inspired me to maybe give our relationship some time. It’s easy to get caught up in the day to day stress and not take the time to show those you love, how much you love them. Thanks FP.
Love Cassandra

roe -December 8, 2013, 3:48PM

What is the green shirt she’s wearing when she hops on the car?