Love Stories: Chrissy & Denny

Post image for Love Stories: Chrissy & Denny

Chrissy and Denny.

She – graceful, eloquent, self-assured.  When she walks, her feet don’t actually “hit” the pavement. She floats. He – giggly, sweet, loving…. mad talented maker of motorcycles. Together, they paint a picture of knowing when you know. Not giving up. Patience and perseverance. A whole year of showing up to her work?  That’s love, or at least a sign love is waiting. Chrissy and Denny, a true pleasure to witness you two… thank you.

chrissydenny7_580

fp love stories

chrissydenny3_580

chrissydenny14_580

chrissydenny20_580

fp love stories

chrissydenny16_580

fp love stories

chrissydenny17

chrissydenny13_580

Photography: Chirssy Piper

Product pictured: Twisted Leopard Harem Pant, Marla Dreams Dress, Renee High Rise, We The Free Stellar Tee.

Do you have a love story to tell? We’d love to hear it – leave a comment, or send it to blog@freepeople.com, subject line: FP Love Stories. We’ll seek out those that move us most, to be featured right here on the blog!

More love stories from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

Kate -January 27, 2014, 8:52AM

I sent this in already, but am grateful for the opportunity to post it here as well – love to celebrate love! Such touching stories. My heart is beaming, brimming with all the love and beauty people share.
(We should do this year round, no?)

My first conversation with my nearest and dearest love was while walking through an ancient souk in Damascus, Syria. He was on a year abroad from university to study Arabic; I had just quit my job at a non-profit in Oregon in pursuit of the same. We were surrounded by a group of similar stories: a Swedish fellow learning the language of his father’s father, a Cali boy seeking to speak to all the world’s people, an Austrian girl enamoured by the sounds and scripts of the Middle East. But I was instantly drawn to that glowing young Brit with his open smile as he wove through the narrow passageways of the bazaar, thronged with the shopping masses.

Before we spoke, we had already decided to move in together. We were on our way to our first glimpse of our new home, a magical tumbling stone house hundreds of years old, built around a courtyard in the heart of the walled Old City. After that brief introductory conversation, I made sure to nab the room just above his.

Not long after, we spent a night exploring the city streets, dancing around to the tune of his trumpet, convincing night owls to open their kitchens to our hungry bellies, and watching the sun rise over the surrounding hills from the rooftop of our home. When we went downstairs to say our goodnights, I discovered I had ‘lost’ my room key and had nowhere to sleep (a push from a discerning friend who had the good sense to borrow it for the evening). After that first cuddly morning, I knew I was more than hooked.

After a year, we moved to the UK together, and it’s there we were married two years later.
We were so lucky. To have met, to have lived in that ancient city that is no more, to have experienced the Syria that was, together.

Our luck has continued: we’ve learned languages together, wondered at the world’s furthest wonders together and even taught in Iraq together, but most importantly, we’ve dreamed together.

And our dream is this: a small, permaculture farm somewhere in the wilds of Oregon. Some ducks, some goats, maybe a horse or two. Definitely a bevy of rescued hounds. Just living off the land, as the land wants to live. We’ll grow our food and make our music and learn to weave the environment and the textiles that we’ll grow ourselves. We’ll keep traveling and learning and wondering and working, but all while living our dream. Our farm. Our home.

- xxo
girlfromthehillcountry.blogspot.com

Alice -January 27, 2014, 10:04AM

Yay for a interracial couple on here! Your making progress. But would also love to see a black man and women together too or same sex couple or an interracial same sex couple bc isn’t this what’s it’s all about making sure nobody is left out of what free people considers to be true love story.

Paperstarz -January 27, 2014, 10:29AM

It’s so beautiful when someone loves or likes you enough to “stay” with you. Nowadays, too many casual, love-and-move-on relationships. When you tell someone you LOVE them, you should stay long enough to give the relationship a chance or two or three. Love takes work and dedication.

fp julia -January 27, 2014, 10:46AM

Alice, agree 100%! Stay tuned for many more love stories :)

M -January 27, 2014, 10:53AM

LOVE THIS.
I’m such a hopeless romantic.

Juliette Laura -January 27, 2014, 11:38AM

Okay wow they are seriously so beautiful together! Such a lovely couple.

xo, Juliette Laura

Erin -January 27, 2014, 12:26PM

This is beautiful! Thank you so much for all of these beautiful love stories! I am filled up full with love today :]

Uri -January 27, 2014, 12:42PM

her hair is amazing <3

Milka -January 27, 2014, 1:00PM

They’re beautiful together! He looks like such a goofball ;) you can tell they have fun together.

Leisa -January 27, 2014, 1:37PM

They are precious!

Cristina -January 27, 2014, 1:41PM

Wow that made me teary eyed… You can actually see the love between them when they look at each other. So beautiful :) really loving this segment!

Paige -January 27, 2014, 1:51PM

Dear Free People,

Zachary and I went to this lame “Anti-Valentines Day” party. Everyone there was single and honestly pretty bitter haha! Zach came up and introduced himself to me… he got embarrassed and didn’t know what to say and strangely muttered that he liked doing yardwork. That brought me to giggles and I instantly liked him. A couple glasses of wine later we were so focused on each other, everyone else at the party just kind of seemed to disappear. We stayed up all night talking about the randomest of things.
Now Valentine’s Day is our anniversary. He proposed to me after the next couple of Valentine’s Days. What started being my least favorite holiday (enough to go to an anti-v-day party) is now a milestone in Zach and my relationship. I keep falling in love with him over and over again. He has brought me joy beyond words. He always tells me I’m his June Carter… and he was from Day 1 my Johnny Cash. I can’t wait to celebrate our anniversary next month and marry the man of my dreams in May wearing my Mystic Gown Free People Dress!

Love,
Zachary and Paige

Marcie -January 27, 2014, 2:12PM

I LOVE the story of the beautiful couple up on the blog, it made my heart melt! Thank you for sharing.

Our story: Shawn and I met, in the heat of the summer, we were 5, I crossed his path for the first time, a little boy sitting on the front steps of his house with a dog by his side, of course I was more interested in the dog, but I was aware of the boy. Then by chance, my mother became friends with his mother, and started working together. From planned play dates, to sitting in the tree staring quietly at one another, our relationship began to grow. The summer of 7th grade he told me he loved me, and we have been in love ever since, now in our 20′s. We both always knew our love would just be, that it was made to exist and there were no questions asked, its kind of like this, your born into a family, you don’t choose who they are, but you love them more then anything, shawn and I were just born for each other, our souls function with such fluidity and tandem, and we can communicate without words, we are each other. Our lives continue to grow as we explore the shores of our little beach town, adventuring in and out of new hidden places and making beautiful memories. We have a photography business together, and its beautiful to capture our love, document our adventures and flourish our talents together as one. Forever lovers <3

Rosy -January 27, 2014, 3:26PM

Omg so beautiful xoxo

Aurelija -January 27, 2014, 3:57PM

How beautiful ♥

Emily Harris -January 27, 2014, 4:44PM

Hmm not sure how this is a love story? “He came to my diner so I decided to go over to his house and then we fell in love and I moved in with him?” Are they even married or just living together? I mean there is no commitment in living together. It is like the easy way out. Like “I love you now but it probably won’t last.” I don’t see how that is romantic even if they do love each other.

Jillian -January 27, 2014, 6:15PM

Always a lovely thing to see people happy together .. and for Emily Harris (and EVERYONE!) I recommend reading the book “Sex at Dawn” by Christopher Ryan and Cacilda Jetha..

Anonymous -January 27, 2014, 6:30PM

Obviously your a bible banger ^^

BTC -January 27, 2014, 6:31PM

SO lovely!

anonymous -January 27, 2014, 6:47PM

^^^^Just because someone love the bible does not mean that this views fit a certain mold,
and your obviously a liberal, how about live up to that name and accept them for who they are and their own views as an individual, which you preach.

ED -January 27, 2014, 9:11PM

Such a sweet story!

My husband and I met when we were 16. A close, mutual friend introduced us and, that night, he called me on the phone, we talked all night, and have been together ever since. After dating junior and senior year of high school we, devastatingly, had to attend different universities, me in Florida and him in Indiana. We stayed together, talking on the phone as often as possible (we even created a routine of “watching” shows together). We saved all of our money and visited each other whenever we could. Freshman year of college we only saw each other three times! The summer before senior year of college he proposed to me, and we were married after graduation. We have been married for almost 7 years now and there is not a moment that we aren’t grateful for each other. If we could spend every second together we would, we never tire of each other’s company. As soon as I met him 13 years ago I knew that I had always known him, and had just been waiting to meet him. It sounds weird and cheesy, but there isn’t really any other way to explain it.

joy -January 28, 2014, 4:07PM

love reading your stories, yes I agree lovers rule!

Kelly @ Beauty and the Beach -January 28, 2014, 7:54PM

This is so sweet! Also, I love her hair!

x Kelly

RacheleBync -January 29, 2014, 5:41PM

Beautiful!

By the way, anybody know anything about Evica.co.uk? I’m looking for honest reviews.

vanessa -January 31, 2014, 9:52AM

they are absolutely adorable!

Emily -January 31, 2014, 10:44AM

@RacheleBync,

Do you mean them? https://evica.co.uk/cat/evening-dresses

If so, I know a person who bought their dresses for bridesmaids.

Where are from Rachele?

Emily -January 31, 2014, 10:45AM

Sorry, mistake.

Where are you from* Rachele?

Bianca -January 31, 2014, 1:41PM

My love and I met at a music festival. We had mutual friends and we watched a band together. The entire time I was dancing I was looking over my shoulder at the tall, handsome boy with the big smile. We somehow managed to lose eachother after the music ended and I didn’t see him the rest of the weekend. When I returned home I found him on facebook and gave him my phone number. The first time we went out was it. He never left my apartment and we’ve been inseparable since.
Coming on the 4th anniversary of meeting him at Strange Creek Music Festival, I wouldn’t want to spend the weekend with anyone else but him.
His love and light is what keeps mine burning.

Kelsey -February 5, 2014, 1:13AM

I am loving all of these stories! Even the comments are full of wonderful stories. These are so beautifully done. Keep ‘em coming, FP! <3

alyt -March 30, 2014, 7:30PM

There’s only one race, the human race. Genetics prove that. My husband and I are of different coloring also. I love to see couples of visual uniqueness. :)