A New Year Bucket List

Post image for A New Year Bucket List

This post is from our contributor FP Naomi.

Time is like the flap of a butterfly’s wings. You would never think that such tiny creatures could migrate hundreds of miles. Yet again, each and every year they do it. Our human years aren’t so different. Take a look at the 12 months that lay behind you. How many miles did you travel? It’s not necessarily the distance that’s important (though it always makes life more exciting), but how many experiences did you move between? Are there some that you didn’t get to? How about making a bucket list of what you don’t want to miss in 2014. To start, let me suggest a few that I’ve jotted down for myself. Here’s to ensuring happy moments and rich experiences in the next 365 days. Cheers to the new beginning.

1. Order the Benedict.

2. Grow something green.

new year's bucket list

3. Reignite a hobby you’re sad you’ve lost.

new year's bucket list

4. Do something to treat your body well.

new year's bucket list

5. Enjoy dinner from scratch more often than not.

6. Do nothing.

new year's bucket list

7. Hit up every flea market you can.

8. Try Air B’n’B

9. Get in touch.

new year's bucket list

10. Build a campfire and sleep under the stars.

What’s on your 2014 bucket list?

Check out Naomi’s blog Numie Abbot.

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Juliette Laura -January 4, 2014, 8:21AM

This is seriously perfect. I absolutely love your list! Haven’t made mine yet. Definitely want to now though!

xo, Juliette Laura

Megan Babin -January 4, 2014, 9:36AM

*Read more books
*Walk More
*Spend more time with family
*Make more crafts
I have tons more, but I’ll leave it at that. For the most part I just want to relax this year and enjoy every single minute of it. I don’t want to worry about things I can’t control. I also want to take a step towards finding my dream job and that means leaving my comfort zone..this should be fun

Sis -January 4, 2014, 10:32AM

im trying to enjoy more, relax more. Im famous at my school for being very stressed.
each day before i go to sleep i will write on a small piece of paper al least one beautiful thing about my day and place them in a jar. On December 31 i’m gonna read all of the wonderful things that happened to me this year. Its about finding the lovely things in life, even in those days that everything went wrong there must be something nice, like it someone gave you a smile, seeing the sun, being alive.

HAPPY NEW YEAR! sending hugs and kisses from Mexico!

Emily -January 4, 2014, 12:18PM

Love all of these- every single one.
Reigniting old passions, embracing the beauty of doing nothing, and taking care of my body are at the top of my list this year. 2013 was rough and having a fresh start with 2014 is an amazing feeling. We’re capable of making it whatever we want and that power is a beautiful thing. xoxo

Shelley -January 4, 2014, 12:22PM

-Meditate everyday
-Walk more
-Drink more water
-Do more art
-Be more organized
-Start a gratitude journal
And lots more!

Alex -January 4, 2014, 2:47PM
Christine -January 4, 2014, 4:10PM

I love all the photos and the torn paper idea. So creative!

xo Christine

Alex -January 4, 2014, 4:44PM

I love these ideas, especially the benedict! Haha!

My resolutions include:
-raise an animal (fish?)
-Grow a herb garden
-eat in

Britt -January 5, 2014, 1:27AM

Travel! Submit more of my writing to magazines. Find some outlet for my love of fashion. Go home and visit my mum.

Alison -January 5, 2014, 7:04PM

Wow, I really connect to all of the ideas that have been shared in the comments. And I always love Naomi’s posts. I am looking forward to slowing down, meditating, journaling, spending time with friends and family, walking, reading books, making art, listening, bike-riding, laughing, teaching, deepening my yoga practice, dancing, being more assertive, cleaning up my diet, going to bed early, and spending time in nature.

Diy -January 6, 2014, 7:48PM

Love your images and your bucket list… but you should definitively put a trip in january in your bucket list :) here are some ideas http://everydaytalks.com/where-to-travel-in-january

Andyrea -January 8, 2014, 3:13AM
alvaro -February 27, 2014, 9:50AM

post a very interesting and very useful information. thanks