Gift hunting for guys can be really freaking hard. I always love the idea of giving handmade presents, but sometimes you also want to spoil your man with something store-bought and stylish.
Instead of haphazardly scanning the internet in hopes of coming across some cool stuff for Valentine’s Day, why not just go right to the dudes who already know? I turned to two of the very stylish men here at Free People — both on our user experience design team — to let us in on their most-wanteds and most-loveds.
Clay, Lead User Experience Designer (above)
1. Hard Graft Wool Flat Pack – Just a really pretty wool and leather bag for my MacBook Pro.
2. Red Wing Wabasha Boot - These boots are awesome.
3. Norse Projects Beanie – Keep your head warm.
4. Pencil (use with Paper) – Maybe the most well crafted iPad stylus yet, in the style of the carpenter pencil.
5. Chemex Classic Coffee Maker – Even you can make coffee like the cool kids do. A little more involved than your single cup Keurig, but a lot prettier sitting on your kitchen countertop.
6. Best Made Co. Maps Notebook – Taking notes or charting maps, I’m a big fan of this big red notebook with “MAPS” stamped on the front. $20 or 3/$50.
Alex, User Experience Designer
1.Hario V60 Coffee Maker System – There are many coffee makers out there, but none compares to the Hario v60 Pour Over Coffee Maker. I’m not gonna lie, it’s a little more challenging to use than others, but at the end of the day, if you have everything perfect, it will make the best cup of coffee. It’s perfect for single cups and conserving your beans! Combine this with a Bonavita Kettle and you’re good to go!
2. Yarai Japanese Mixing Glass – Keeping with the drink category, this is an absolute must have for anyone that wants to create spirited based cocktails, like Manhattans or Sazeracs, right at home. I love this item not only for the stylish and elegant, but it is just so damn useful. You’ll find yourself using this guy for just about all your cocktails.
3. Pure Fix Fixie – This bike is rad. Super cool looking, and super fast. Great bike to get around the city with and totally customizable. Pure Fix has a wide range of accessories. This bike is perfect for someone that likes a good, high quality bike, who’s not too serious, and doesn’t want to spend a lot of money. Definitely not for the season cyclist, but good otherwise.
4. Triumph & Disaster Stache Box – As a dude with lots of facial hair, I really need it to look its best. So this box from T&D really helps out with that. Nice product that smells amazing too!
5. BillyKirk No. 153 Passport Wallet – I love to travel and when I do I like things to be useful and somewhat stylish. This is a great wallet to keep your passport safe, hold your money/cards, and keep you looking awesome when globe trotting.
6. Ray-Ban Clubmaster Classic - Classic, Classy, and just all around awesome. These are my absolute favorite sunglasses of all time. They were great for blocking those Sunny CA days for me, while being really breathable on my face.
Any more stylish gift ideas for guys? Let us know!
Follow FP Brigette on Twitter.