Sheer Romance is the name of our newest Vintage Loves collection, and it’s all about straps, lace, and sheer fabrics coming together to create a beautifully romantic look. Our vintage buyer, Ali, is incredibly well-versed when it comes to the world of all things vintage, and I always love to hear her take on the collections she so skillfully curates. I asked Ali to share with us a little bit about Sheer Romance, and to pick her 5 favorite pieces from the collection! Here’s what she had to say:
The inspiration behind this collection is to layer up sweet and pretty (romance) with sheer on top of lacy on top of strappy! Mixing all the cool FP trends together using Vintage Loves. This collection speaks to all of our girls, for example: accessorizing your sweet and pretty with a little tomboy Lou by throwing on your sneakers.
1. Vintage Victorian Eyelet Maxi Dress – Style this with just a pair of boy shorts!
2. Vintage 1970s Pink Suede Vintage Halter Top – I love the tie fringe top for the spring season — it can be worn with ripped jean shorts.
3. Vintage 1960s Hand Painted Leather Kimono – When do you ever see a leather kimono?!
4. Vintage 1930s Blue Lace Dress – Elegance in a dress.
5. Vintage Victorian Dancers Bolero – This is from the 1920s and is an incredibly RARE PIECE!
Which of these pieces do you see yourself in?
Shop Sheer Romance.
Follow FP Brigette on Twitter.