Hair Tutorial: The Ultimate Bed Head

Post image for Hair Tutorial: The Ultimate Bed Head

We all know that girl... Or at least have watched her, half dumbfounded, half in awe, as she glides across the streets with that perfectly imperfect mane. Really though, does one just wake up looking… so rightfully imperfect, without doing a thing? The tousled bedhead hair… how?! Do tell… oh please… do tell…

Sit back… no pen and paper needed. It really is as easy as 1.2.3. Product, a little back combing and enough energy to do some head flips. Voilà! Beautifully unkempt… Summer’s go-to look.

* If you have more naturally oily hair use all dry products such as Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray or Bumble & Bumble Thickening Dryspun Finish.

* For dryer hair textures use more moisturizing texturizing products such as Jonathan Spray Dirt or Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray.

More beauty tips from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Comments

Juliette Laura -March 11, 2014, 9:30AM

There are actually some pretty solid tips here! Beautiful video as well!

Paperstarz -March 11, 2014, 9:46AM

Ha. Made me giggle. I may be no super model, but perfect bedhead hair, that I was born with. :) I’ve always thought my hair looked best straight out of bed. It has so much body and waves in the perfect places. I love it! Too bad I’m a stickler for having to wash my hair in order to wake up. Some people drink coffee to wake up, I need a hot shower, hair washing and all…and there goes my perfect bedhead.

Charlotte -March 11, 2014, 10:46AM

what dry shampoo was she using?

Leisa -March 11, 2014, 11:23AM

I’d like a little more detail on the products. What is a “dry styling product”? Thanks!

Meredith -March 11, 2014, 12:15PM

What lip gloss does the model use in the video? It’s such a lovely color!

sequoia -March 11, 2014, 12:43PM

Haha might not be able to do this if you have a thick and wild curly mane….but beautiful nonetheless!

Tiffany -March 11, 2014, 12:50PM

I wish my hair could come out like this, but it’s oh so straight! Beautiful video though, I always try to at least get some volume! Xx, Tiffany { http://www.sunshinedaydreamphotography.com/ }

Cecilia -March 11, 2014, 1:22PM

What slip/shirt? is she wearing? I want it!!!!

priscilla -March 11, 2014, 2:03PM

Great post I did a similar post last week, for short straight hair! So funny since it was inspired by your catalog looks :]! Love the video.

xx,

Crystal -March 11, 2014, 2:31PM

I’m guessing she’s using “Big Sexy Hair Volumizing Dry Shampoo” and “Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay Texturizing Spray Clay”?

Would love to know what lip stain she is using. Beautiful video. Thanks FP!

Tereza -March 11, 2014, 2:47PM
Elise -March 11, 2014, 3:45PM

What lipstain did she use? It’s beautiful!

Susan Jizba -March 11, 2014, 3:53PM

Such an Adorable Video! Love the backtracking trek back to bed to see how she did the bed head! Such a gorgeous style! Thanks for sharing!!! https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheWeaverOfWords

Angi -March 11, 2014, 4:01PM

Her hair is really pretty, all the waves in the right places. I am afraid this will not work for me, it will always end up just being messy..

shakkablakka.blogspot.nl

lynn -March 11, 2014, 4:37PM

Very helpful video! I agree with Miss Angi. My hair always looks messy as well, especially in the mornings! ^-^

Milka -March 11, 2014, 11:34PM

All this for messy hair? I mastered it years ago. I just rub some hair balm between my hands and finger comb to tame the frizzies, flip once and out the door looking perfectly tousled.

Kristen -March 12, 2014, 11:33AM

I’m with tiffany! If I did this with my stick straight hair, it would be a wreck. The only way this works is if I rocked curls the day before. xo

b -March 13, 2014, 7:58PM

or just go to bed with wet hair and don’t look in the mirror when you leave the house…trust me i’ve been doing it since highschool
all this effort for an “effortless” look…ridiculous!

Molly -March 20, 2014, 11:28PM

To “b”, going to bed with wet hair is bad for both your hair and your general health. You are much more likely to get sick from the bacteria that gathers in your hair when it is wet and smashed up against a pillow. It is best to instead just wash your hair either with enough time to let it dry before you go to sleep or in the morning, and use a hair dryer. (Of course, keeping the dryer on low and using the cold air setting as much as possible). And of course it is ideal to wash your hair only every three or four days, otherwise you’re drying it out!

Tay -March 26, 2014, 6:50PM

we’re all dying to know the lip product :)

renae -April 3, 2014, 4:26AM

I have never been able to make my hair do this?
One thing you can do to have perfect hair is to use a hair repairing deep conditioning treatment which you can make easy at home. Just watch this tutorial to see how you can make a conditioner + honey + coconut = hair repairing conditioner

Hans Peterson -April 25, 2014, 12:29PM

Great Post. I see a lot of comments about how this look turns out just plain messy instead. I like to use keratin based products to avoid Bed-Head hair from looking too messy. It helps to keep my hair without frizz.

Sidney Marie -May 14, 2014, 8:14PM

Does anyone know the name of the model in this video? she’s beautiful