It’s Barefoot Season, Adorn Those Feet

Post image for It’s Barefoot Season, Adorn Those Feet

Imagine this. You wake with the sun as a warm breeze streams through your window.

You step two bare feet onto your raw wood floor, float across the room, and slip into a light, flowy maxi dress. You dance your feet quickly down the stairs, out the back door, onto the patio, and then through the grass. The warm sun’s streaming onto your freshly woken face; the birds are singing the sweetest of songs. You look down and notice your toes in the slightly overgrown grass. Feet totally bare.

Is there anything better, more freeing, than the feeling of walking around, inside and out, totally barefoot? To me, it’s a tough feeling to beat. Barefoot season is finally here, and I urge you to embrace it with all of your might.

Treat yourself to a pedicure — but one you do on your own. Make a homemade foot scrub with sugar, oil, and lemon. Moisturize with coconut oil, and paint your toes whatever color springs to mind.

Paint your toes

Then, adorn those feet. We have some beautiful macrame anklets online right now that I’m completely obsessed with. The perfect accessory for the nudest of feet.

Crochet ankle chains

Boho ankle chain

Ankle chains

Stack your feet with jewelry, however you can. If you don’t own an ankle bracelet… improvise. I love wrapping the Skinny Tie Upper Arm Cuff around my ankles as a makeshift ankle bracelet. Same goes for rings. If you don’t have any made specifically for toes, use midi rings! I think you’ll find that they’re surprisingly the perfect size.

Gold midi ring

Boho ankle bracelet

Boho gem bracelet

Your feet are so good to you. They take you everywhere. Show them off this season, in any way you can.

Products shown: Macrame AnkletV Ring Stacking SetSkinny Tie Upper Arm Cuff.

Follow FP Brigette on Twitter.

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

Victoria -April 23, 2014, 8:11AM

These are absolutely gorgeous! Trust the lovely FP ladies to do it up right – finally some barefoot sandals :)

LamentingLizzie -April 23, 2014, 9:40AM

Definitely need to give my feet some tlc… dance is not kind to feet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Stacey -April 23, 2014, 10:34AM

LOVE barefoot season! So much more comfortable that way.

(SHIPFREE1)

Megan -April 23, 2014, 10:51AM

Love the barefoot sandals!!

Susan Jizba -April 23, 2014, 10:55AM

There’s something so delightfully natural and lively about going barefoot !!! Thank you for sharing all your gorgeous pictures!!!

The Weaver Of Words…..give me 15 words and I’ll tell you a tale….

Lauren Holgate -April 23, 2014, 2:12PM

Gorgeous !

There isn’t a single piece of jewelry I like more than an anklet. I had two favorites, both bought by my man – one at this little shop called The White Rabbit with little dangly stars (which I wore continuously until it fell off somewhere), and another from a boutique in Denmark (actually a bracelet turned anklet). I’m always on the lookout for more, and leave lots of endearing (hopefully) hints for him when I find them. ;)

Tiffany -April 23, 2014, 2:19PM

What a fun post…I rarely adorn my feet but thanks for the inspiration!
Xx, Tiffany | http://www.sunshinedaydreamphotography.com

Shelley -April 24, 2014, 11:27PM

I love me some barefoot sandals! I was wondering when Free People was going to start carrying them.