20 Days Of Movement, Day 10: You Are What You Eat

Post image for 20 Days Of Movement, Day 10: You Are What You Eat

We are halfway through the 20 Days of Movement! This is a great daily reminder to think about the things you’re putting in your body.

20 Days of Movement (day10b)

Shop FP Movement.

More from 20 Days of Movement!

More Movement inspiration from the BLDG 25 Blog.

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

Juliette Laura -May 21, 2014, 11:33AM
priscilla -May 21, 2014, 1:03PM

Love this motivation, couldn’t have said it better!

xx,
Priscilla Ivette
ModeAmen.blogspot.com

Sere -May 22, 2014, 3:37AM

LOVE this! Never heard it before, but it is definitely one to follow

hayley -May 22, 2014, 5:43AM

I have to say I completely disagree! It’s a lovely sentiment at first glance, but is actually quite worrying when you read it carefully. Why can’t healthy eating be fast, and cheap, and easy? Yes, say no to processed foods, to fruits and veg with little traceability, to things that make you feel sleepy and unhappy in your body. But also say no to this belief that you have to spend and spend to achieve a healthy lifestyle. I am overwhelmed by how expensive health food shops can be, and worried by how easily I hand over what little and terribly hard earned money I earn for things like chia seeds and miracle flours. There is nothing wrong with a lunch of local, unglamorous fresh produce – which of course varies from where you live – over $15 lunches at raw cafes, washed down with $9 green juices.
i have so much to talk about on this point, but will stop here. we need to think through mantras, before repeating them.

Angela -May 26, 2014, 10:18AM

I agree with Hayley. My biggest issue with the current health awareness trend is that people don’t think about where their food comes from, how far it travels, and who the production of it affects. Invest in a good blender and a nut milk bag, and boom – there you have it…. amazing juice that you can make yourself with produce from local farmers. Cafes and restaurants are pretty much NEVER going to be good for the planet – and I can say that, because I work at one. And honestly, a ton of products that people swear by are over-hyped by timely marketing – coconut water being a perfect example. That being said, I do love chia seeds! I’d say it’s all about striking a balance and being more aware of where your food comes from.

Tani -May 28, 2014, 12:00PM

I am Gluten- free Vegan, and i love veggies and fruit. I do not mean to be a but …. but produce is fast cheap and easy ;) So It can’t be too bad :p